Doesn't congress have anything better to do?

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
What the hell is up with Congress...all this steroid BS and now the Terri Schiavo feeding tube crap...is this so they can feel like they accomplished something and feel good about themselves at the end of the day?

Aren't there bigger problems in this country! Damn...what a bunch of losers.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Congress does all sorts of things. Some of them are ridiculous. Keep in mind that politicians are constrained to the whims of their constituents, no matter how foolish. There is a very good article on this, it is called "Running Scared." I could go on, but I'm not in the mood.

michaelton

Board Supporter
Awards
...and now the Terri Schiavo feeding tube crap...
You mean the woman in Florida who some state judge has ruled to remove the feeding tube, so that she can die of thirst?

Your sister's husband (who has fathered two children with another woman, to whom he has become engaged) wants your sister to die. You and your family want her to live. You ok with that?

Is that judge in Florida infallible, or something?

Is that the crap you were talking about?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i think the point he was getting at was that there are bigger problems to worry about. and i agree.

gobig1

Awards
Why didn't the AIDS activists get involved with this Steroids issue, my point being that they are dying of AIDS/HIV and doctors are legitimately prescribing steroids to KEEP THEM ALIVE! If steroids were so BAAAAAAAD as congress wants everyone to believe then why are they prescibed to the sickest people on earth???? That is a huge group of people that should be telling congress how healthy and beneficial steroids has been in prolonging their sickly lives.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
What the hell is up with Congress...all this steroid BS and now the Terri Schiavo feeding tube crap...is this so they can feel like they accomplished something and feel good about themselves at the end of the day?

Aren't there bigger problems in this country! Damn...what a bunch of losers.

They need to worry about these soaring gas prices. No quicker way to kill an economy then that. But then BUSH and his oil buddies are making a nice piece of change so maybe they will let it slide a little longer. Arnold to worrying about junk food in schools psst. i think you need to worry about your 3.50/gallon gas prices over there.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
terri schiavo's case is sad, but i do think congress can find some better things to worry about.
you know what I want to know....all this money the government is taking out of my check for social security--what if social security isn't around when i retire in 50 years? if not then am I going to get my money back? I BETTER GET ALL OF THAT MONEY BACK, because otherwise it'll be some bullshit.