Does this clomid prescription sound right

Troymm

Awards
One of the endos i have seen for my low testosterone said i should take clomid. My testoterone was only 92 (250-1100)

he wanted me to take clomid for the first week of every month for three months and then come back and do bloodwork. I can barely read the handwriting on the prescription but it looks like the dose had something to do with the number 50

what was he trying to accomplish? a restart? does that prescription even sound good?

BTW i've never done steroids or anything, just have some secondary hypogonadism...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
One of the endos i have seen for my low testosterone said i should take clomid. My testoterone was only 92 (250-1100)

he wanted me to take clomid for the first week of every month for three months and then come back and do bloodwork. I can barely read the handwriting on the prescription but it looks like the dose had something to do with the number 50

what was he trying to accomplish? a restart? does that prescription even sound good?

BTW i've never done steroids or anything, just have some secondary hypogonadism...
your drs a freaken idiot..

Troymm

Awards
lol. when he prescribed it to me he seemed so aloof ... he didnt even tell me what clomid was...

also his oral directions conflict with what he wrote on the prescription. After i asked him to repeat the prescription several times i got the message that he wanted me to take it for 3 weeks, in the pattern of the 1st week of every month for three months. then come in again for bloodwork

now the prescription says "two weeks" but in the refill box he wrote "3"...I dont know how to interpret prescriptions but from what i see this precription would allow me to get 6 weeks worth of clomid, when i was only instructed to use it for 3 weeks...

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I did the clomid thing. Per my doc... its not a long term solution (it is toxic), but it can be useful to indicate whether you are primary (testes fail) or secondary (pituitary fails). I took 12.5mg every day for 8 weeks (I broke the 50mg tablet into 4 pieces). My total T went from upper 400's to lower 900's. This indicated my balls can work but its the pituitary signal that is low. So I am on HCG monotherapy which replaces the missing pituitary signal. My T is now staying around 700. If the "clomid test" had failed, I'd need full on TRT. As we get older the testes get tired and most of us need TRT anyway.

Call your doc and clarify, or find a new doc!! Good luck bro.

Troymm

Awards
I could read it for you
i dont have scanner, but i'm sure they way he told it to me was the way he wanted me to take it.

I did the clomid thing. Per my doc... its not a long term solution (it is toxic), but it can be useful to indicate whether you are primary (testes fail) or secondary (pituitary fails). I took 12.5mg every day for 8 weeks (I broke the 50mg tablet into 4 pieces). My total T went from upper 400's to lower 900's. This indicated my balls can work but its the pituitary signal that is low. So I am on HCG monotherapy which replaces the missing pituitary signal. My T is now staying around 700. If the "clomid test" had failed, I'd need full on TRT. As we get older the testes get tired and most of us need TRT anyway.

Call your doc and clarify, or find a new doc!! Good luck bro.

yeah i'm currently waiting on a better doctor to get back to me about bloods that he recently ordered for me. until then i'm not starting anything.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
i dont have scanner, but i'm sure they way he told it to me was the way he wanted me to take it.

No problem man. Im a pharmacist and we get all kinds of wacky scripts all the time!