Does testosterone temporarily lower gfr levels?

Vatality

Awards
I am 37 and have bee blasting and cursing, though blasting more than I have been crusing for the last 4 years and stopped 3 weeks ago. I was blasting 800mg and crusing at around 400mg when I did cruse. I got labs done and they showed that my gfr was like 56 and the doctor said that this normally would indicate having stage 3 kidney failure, however I have no presenting symptoms of having stage 3 kidney failure and said that it could simply be a lab error. However, my second set of labs a week later showed that it went up 1 point. Now the doctor wants me to see a nephrologist. Does testosterone temporarily lower gfr levels?

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve heard that if you have lots of muscle mass your gfr blood work would also read a little lower

i think it has to do with the creatinine break down of the muscle mass or something like that

I once had gfr of 59 and for my next bloodwork I decided to not work out 5 days before my blood test and I also drank lots of water , drank so much I was pissing like a horse . When I got that bloodwork done my gfr went up to 68

Vatality

Awards
I’ve heard that if you have lots of muscle mass your gfr blood work would also read a little lower

i think it has to do with the creatinine break down of the muscle mass or something like that

I once had gfr of 59 and for my next bloodwork I decided to not work out 5 days before my blood test and I also drank lots of water , drank so much I was pissing like a horse . When I got that bloodwork done my gfr went up to 68
Thank you sir for your reply!

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gfr is also generally off but my doc never seems to care too much. I have also read getting bloodwork done after a workout can throw that off

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My gfr is also generally off but my doc never seems to care too much. I have also read getting bloodwork done after a workout can throw that off
It makes sense because Some recommend you stop working out a couple days before you do gfr bloodwork