Status
Not open for further replies.
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ignorance is the wrong term. Your friend is wrong. Ignorant means you know better, but do things anyway.

They are sent to heaven (or purgatory, depending on the situation and what type of christianity we're talking about) because they simply don't know any better.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
ignorance is as ignorance does my friend.

Webster's Dictionary's Definition of Ignorance
Ig´no`rance
n. 1. The condition of being ignorant; the lack of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.
Ignorance is the curse of God,
Knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
- Shak.
2. (Theol.) A willful neglect or refusal to acquire knowledge which one may acquire and it is his duty to have.Invincible ignorance
(Theol.) ignorance beyond the individual's control and for which, therefore, he is not responsible before God.

from my understanding of all things God is that he is way to smart fot that and will hit the button and send you directly to hell, do not pass go and do not collect $200!

:thumbsup:

Duh, I don't understand.

lol j/k, nice post.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice pic b unit!I was in oklahoma one time and they had a billboard from a church on the side of the highway that said "you think it's hot here?"Perfect examples of trying to scare people into their beliefs.Then I used a restroom at a gas station and it had bible quotes written on the stalls!I didn't think god approved of vandalism myself...........

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
ignorance is the wrong term. Your friend is wrong. Ignorant means you know better, but do things anyway.
maybe oblivious would be a better word?

oblivious(p), unmindful(p) - lacking conscious awareness of

They are sent to heaven (or purgatory, depending on the situation and what type of christianity we're talking about) because they simply don't know any better.
great call on bring up Purgatory which to my knowledge no one has touched on thus far, it's all been heaven or hell.

Purgatory

A state or place of purification after death, a place, or a state believed to exist after death, in which the souls of persons are purified by expiating such offenses committed in this life as do not merit eternal damnation, or in which they fully satisfy the justice of God for sins that have been forgiven. After this purgation from the impurities of sin, the souls are believed to be received into heaven.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when civilization as a whole understands and believes they can control there own future, it will be the end of the god delusion. people still are under the impression someone else controls there life. god provides a convienient excuse to not take control of your life.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I find it weird when the church resorts to sarcasm. Also sometimes church goers are tooo innocent. They have been sheltered and uh...dont know how to watch what they say.

The methodist church down the street from ours had on its billboard

"The best position in the world is on your knees" Me and a friend go by. I think prayer and he thinks...well he wasnt as christian -.-

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
purgatory is life. it is gods way of making you ready for heaven or hell. life is the inbetween....

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when civilization as a whole understands and believes they can control there own future, it will be the end of the god delusion. people still are under the impression someone else controls there life. god provides a convienient excuse to not take control of your life.
Thats one thing in the stanic bible.Christians will pray for something to happen,a satanist takes action the best they can to make it happen.The satanic bible is honestly a good book full of common sence and feel good knowledge.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
The methodist church down the street from ours had on its billboard

"The best position in the world is on your knees" Me and a friend go by. I think prayer and he thinks...well he wasnt as christian -.-
here's some more for you then as you seem to enjoy them so much :stick:

Attachments

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the hell are you talking about?

You actually only have a very small measure of control in your life: you can control the instantaneous present. For instance, you cannot "unread" this post, and you couldn't control the responses your quoted post got.

A person waits at the crosswalk, looks both ways, and crosses when the signal says to. He gets hit by a drunk driver travelling 55 mph, down a 25 mph street. This is because he didn't take control of his own life? You, my friend, are delusional.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Kinda like me referring to b5150's saying how some are not in him.And he not in us?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
You actually only have a very small measure of control in your life: you can control the instantaneous present. For instance, you cannot "unread" this post, and you couldn't control the responses your quoted post got.
But one does actually have control over how one perceives a response from one's post however.

A person waits at the crosswalk, looks both ways, and crosses when the signal says to. He gets hit by a drunk driver travelling 55 mph, down a 25 mph street. This is because he didn't take control of his own life? You, my friend, are delusional.
one should never assume that all drivers obey the road rules, also one should always prepare for the unexpected and should always keep checking left and right for oncoming traffic until one has crossed the road.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I asked a Christian guy; what happens to a mentally handicapped person, or someone who lives on an island yet has never heard of christianity. Or even a baby who dies after birth. He replied that those instances allow for the person to go to heaven because of ignorance.

But then again, what constitutes ignorance? Can you meassure it? If you don't believe in Christianity, then doesn't that make you ignorant as it is, and you get a free pass?

Is there a narrow spectrum that dictates this whole thing? For instance what if someone has an IQ of 67 but doesn't believe in God. God's cut off point for IQ is 66 and below = ignorance.

What if you purposely make yourself retarded and then are incapable of believing in god? Automatic pass?
Ignorance in the instance of unawareness is different. If you have the information and you reject? Different.

This sort of discussion and reasoning is becoming ridiculous and bordering rude and offensive to intelligence, Christian or not. Please quit it.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
one should never assume that all drivers obey the road rules, also one should always prepare for the unexpected and should always keep checking left and right for oncoming traffic until one has crossed the road.
Since were on this subject I recomened for people to watch faces of death.Theirs 4 or 5 all together.It will make you realise how you have no clue when or how you will die.It makes you feel.........alive........aware.........IDK.Just watch it and you will see.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bigironkiller,

This thread has run it's course several times and back again. At what point do we stop being kids acting like Beavis and Butthead with some of this line of reasoning and thought process.

There is a huge difference between being inquisitive and antagonistic.

I am not pointing you out, but you were offended elsewhere and afforded the opportunity to have dialog because we respect others and consider the grand diversity of our community.

Is there something yet that has not been covered here that is relevant and fruitful, otherwise I see no reason to continue.

Respectfully!?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
B is right guys, it's time to wrap it up.

last words?

i would just like to say that i have learned an awful lot on this thread and would like to say thank you to everyone here who posted.

this is my final post on this thread, i wish you all well and will see you when i see you.

:thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But one does actually have control over how one perceives a response from one's post however.

It is scientific law that things randomly occur in which you have no control over. You can say all you want about something after the fact. Hindsight is 20-20, my friend. While the likelihood of the drunk driver situation is improbable, it is not impossible. For the poor guy working on the top story of the WTC, it was just another Tuesday. YOU CANNOT CONTROL WHAT OCCURS FROM NATURE OR OTHER PEOPLE.

It has been mathematically proven you also can't foresee into the future with much accuracy. After a certain point of logistic extrapolation, the system will become chaotic.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
How do you know god is a 'he'?

:hammer:
"When most people think of God, they think of Him in His glory in heaven. So, the question, "Is God male" usually refers to God as He exists in heaven. The Bible always refers to God using male pronouns. Does this mean that God is physically male? In other words, does God have male sexual organs? Surprisingly, the Bible does address this question indirectly, through a number of different statements about the nature of God and what He is like. Jesus said that God is "spirit."8 Although not defined extensively in the Bible, a spirit is an entity that has no physical body. After His resurrection, Jesus told His disciples that He had returned in bodily form, saying, "a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."9 If God is a spirit as the Bible says, and a spirit has no flesh or bones, then God cannot be male in physical form. God is not male, since He is not a physical, but a spiritual, being.

The Bible indicates that things will be really different in heaven compared to earth. Many religions (e.g., Mormonism, Islam) make claims that heaven will be a place where males will have their choice of multiple female "companions." This tends to make those religions more appealing to human males, but makes no sense from a biblical perspective. The Bible says that once we die, there will be no marriage.10 This is because we will be "married" to God Himself.11 Biblical marriage was designed as a system to produce and raise children as a family unit to encourage them to choose to be with God in heaven. Once in heaven, there is no need for reproduction. Jesus also indicated that the angels (who are spirits) do not marry either. Given these facts, it would seem very strange that God would exhibit any kind of sexual characteristics."

Author: Rich Deem

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since were on this subject I recomened for people to watch faces of death.Theirs 4 or 5 all together.It will make you realise how you have no clue when or how you will die.It makes you feel.........alive........aware.........IDK.Just watch it and you will see.
ugh, those videos are so gross. I saw part of the first one at a friends house a while back. Not for the weak stomach.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
ugh, those videos are so gross. I saw part of the first one at a friends house a while back. Not for the weak stomach.
i've seen them all. agreed that if you don't like gory and horrific things, DO NOT WATCH. i however am a bit dark, so gore and horror intrigues me.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand seeing stuff like that. I already see enough brutality at my job as it is.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's definately not feel good movies.I just feel it lets you see the truth about life and truly realise that death will come.It's just an eye opener.As close of an eye opener possible to a near death experience I would imagine.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i've seen them all. agreed that if you don't like gory and horrific things, DO NOT WATCH. i however am a bit dark, so gore and horror intrigues me.
The only difference between gore and horror movies is faces of death is real..........

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't mind sharing this. I know it isn't directly related to the topic at hand, but it somewhat relevant.

Last Sept '07 was around the time when my car got totaled. This was the beginning of many bad things that literally occured to me non-stop since then. Among one of them was a car accident (not hurt), however they were all within that magnitude. I've told some people about it, but case in point I was at the lowest moment of my life.

I just recently started feeling better about mid May '08, I was off and on depressed for about 8 months,.....which is quite awhile and it affected my life in many different areas.

I did have faith. I did pray to God, almost too much if you could even say that. It was almost the more I kept praying and trusting God, the worst things kept getting.....seriously.

Prior to all this, I never really question 'God' or his existance. After these events unfolded in my life, esp after 8 months, I began to start really questioning God and my own faith.

Many times I would find myself asking, 'How can this be for the best of me ?', 'Why would God allow this ?', 'Why has it been 8 months and I am still like I was in the beginning ?'

It became evident after awhile that I was going to have to go through these events and experiences in life with all the answers held back. I could either keep believing in God, or I could walk away, it was my choice. This was very difficult and very humbling for me.

I haven't and will not turn away from God, however, after people go through similar crises in their lives I understand why people turn from God. I'm not saying that it is right, but in the midst of all that is bad, everyone still has that choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.