Does Creatine need to be cycled?

JWest0926

Awards
I've been cycling my creatine 2 months on, 1 month off.
I'd like to increase my time on to 3 or 4 months or longer.
Does Creatine need to be cycled frequently, or can I stay on it longer duration?

Any answers, much appreciated!
Thanks

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I would say two months max, some people, like my friend, take it for two years but his creative levels were through the roof... Not sure what that does to you but I'm sure it messes up your liver pretty bad

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah I would use it for a month or two as stated and then take a few weeks to month break.

It's always good to keep your body fresh. Meat can have some trace amounts of creatine but non to effect u or do damage.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you're doing it right, you should be using creatine on workout days only (~4 days a week). Cycling is thus built-in and unnecessary.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you're doing it right, you should be using creatine on workout days only (~4 days a week). Cycling is thus built-in and unnecessary.
I agree with this as well...
My PWO I use muscle marinade has 6g of creatine built into the formula, so if you're working out 3-5 days a week you're getting ya dose when u take your drink... The days u don't drink it not getting anything :)

Some people like to stay saturated though...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I agree with this as well...
My PWO I use muscle marinade has 6g of creatine built into the formula, so if you're working out 3-5 days a week you're getting ya dose when u take your drink... The days u don't drink it not getting anything :)

Some people like to stay saturated though...
Taking as little as 2.5-3g on workout days only is enough to maintain saturation. Even the 6g 3-5 times a week is excessive for maintenance doses.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Never thought of that, great point

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
Has anyone read on **** their thread about creatine and cycles? it talks about way higher levels of creatine dosing and it's effects. is 10g a day mono a LOT? what is mcc compared to creatine dosing wise

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Has anyone read on **** their thread about creatine and cycles? it talks about way higher levels of creatine dosing and it's effects. is 10g a day mono a LOT? what is mcc compared to creatine dosing wise
3g of either is fine.

5g/day for 1 month if not saturated. Once saturation is achieved, 3g/day on workout days only.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I've heard 10g is optimal honestly haha I just think there is some much confusion and misuse of creatine that gives it a bad name to non gym goers

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've heard 10g is optimal honestly haha I just think there is some much confusion and misuse of creatine that gives it a bad name to non gym goers
Its optimal for companies that make creatine ;).

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I would say two months max, some people, like my friend, take it for two years but his creative levels were through the roof... Not sure what that does to you but I'm sure it messes up your liver pretty bad
his creative levels lol... i know that was a typo just funny to read. You mean creatinine?

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Hey Jwest! What month are you currently in for your creatine cycle, if you don't mind sharing? Also what type of creatine are you using?

JWest0926

Awards
I'm cycled off, been off for 2 and a half weeks. I was taking Creatine Nitrate (APS) Loved it, was on it for 2 months, took half doses on non training days (4 days a week) and 3/4 doses on training days. The nitrate does not bloat me like other Creatine I've experienced.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
I heavy dose it on my bigger workout days. Seems to work for ME.