Do you regret that you didnt stay natty?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In all fairness, what is considered Natural and not natural? We all use supps, fat burners, PWO's, DHEA/Andro etc etc with most of the ingredients being not "natural"....

Not being coy here....

Zariph

Awards
In all fairness, what is considered Natural and not natural? We all use supps, fat burners, PWO's, DHEA/Andro etc etc with most of the ingredients being not "natural"....

Not being coy here....
anything that requires pct imo is not natty

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Not being coy here....
This is a question that many don't want to discuss, but a good discussion topic nonetheless.

If I were to classify "not natural", it's whatever supplement/drug/chemical can be used as an excuse by "naturals" as to why I look they way I do and they don't.

Thing is, the really big and lean guys look like that because they employ ALL avenues of help to get there - supplements, food, obsessive training and meal prep AND some gear of choice. Mix these ingredients with dedication and you've got amazing, super-human results.

I personally think the reason natty's chalk things up to "he's just on gear" is because they don't do the things a gearhead does to get that big/lean because they already believe they won't see those kind of results even if they did try their best. It's ironic. The gear just ends up being a barrier to the person who isn't using it.

And when you step outside of the fallible moral code that our government & society has attempted to engineer, you'll see that being obsessive with supplementation, diet and training but without the heavy hitters like Testosterone or peptides is much like building a race car from the ground up with all the best suspension, body and transmission parts only to ignore the potential benefit of a built motor and instead you stick with a 100% stock Miata motor as your power plant. Weird analogy, but it's what came to mind.

I think the fellas definition of "natty" being something that does not require PCT is not a bad definition, but still has holes in it.

I think of Clen/T3. Certainly not natty at all. I can run those for 6 weeks and get more out of them than I could with 60mg of Anavar every day. Yet, they don't require PCT either.

And to doubles' point - let's compare supplemental Creatine to Testosterone.

1) Both found naturally in the body
2) Both increase nutrient partitioning to muscles
3) Both increase athletic performance
4) Both lead to lean weight gain
5) Both can be taken exogenously
6) Both are often supplemented at various doses far beyond what a normal diet/lifestyle could offer
7) Both are cheap
8) Both are safe (taken responsibly)

One is regulated
That same one is considered "cheating" unless an older man (who wishes to defy his natural physical decline) wants to feel better

Like I said, the government & media created this "athletic morality" that people now blindly follow. Making AAS controlled has done nothing but create a nationwide excuse for aspiring athletes to not do whatever it takes to attain the performance or physique desired.

Now don't misunderstand me - I am not saying that "whatever it takes" means that you are willing to harm others directly or indirectly to get to the goal - that isn't moral. Everyone should have a line drawn in the sand where their limit is, but it wouldn't hurt for more people in our society to take calculated risks to achieve great things, and this I'm not just referring to body sculpting but ANYTHING in life. Don't let someone else's "line in the sand" hold you back from trying something yourself.

***EDIT***

Insulin doesn't require a PCT, is 100% OTC (Humulin-R), is cheap, is the most anabolic hormone the body produces (by a long shot) and separates the aspiring amateur bodybuilders from the pros in most cases and it also has the longest lasting set of consequences and can be the most dangerous when overdosed and used improperly.

Something to think about.

Kiwigear

Kiwigear

Banned
Awards
This is a question that many don't want to discuss, but a good discussion topic nonetheless.

If I were to classify "not natural", it's whatever supplement/drug/chemical can be used as an excuse by "naturals" as to why I look they way I do and they don't.

Thing is, the really big and lean guys look like that because they employ ALL avenues of help to get there - supplements, food, obsessive training and meal prep AND some gear of choice. Mix these ingredients with dedication and you've got amazing, super-human results.

I personally think the reason natty's chalk things up to "he's just on gear" is because they don't do the things a gearhead does to get that big/lean because they already believe they won't see those kind of results even if they did try their best. It's ironic. The gear just ends up being a barrier to the person who isn't using it.

And when you step outside of the fallible moral code that our government & society has attempted to engineer, you'll see that being obsessive with supplementation, diet and training but without the heavy hitters like Testosterone or peptides is much like building a race car from the ground up with all the best suspension, body and transmission parts only to ignore the potential benefit of a built motor and instead you stick with a 100% stock Miata motor as your power plant. Weird analogy, but it's what came to mind.

I think the fellas definition of "natty" being something that does not require PCT is not a bad definition, but still has holes in it.

I think of Clen/T3. Certainly not natty at all. I can run those for 6 weeks and get more out of them than I could with 60mg of Anavar every day. Yet, they don't require PCT either.

6) Both are often supplemented at various doses far beyond what a normal diet/lifestyle could offer
7) Both are cheap

One is regulated
That same one is considered "cheating" unless an older man (who wishes to defy his natural physical decline) wants to feel better

Like I said, the government & media created this "athletic morality" that people now blindly follow. Making AAS controlled has done nothing but create a nationwide excuse for aspiring athletes to not do whatever it takes to attain the performance or physique desired.

Now don't misunderstand me - I am not saying that "whatever it takes" means that you are willing to harm others directly or indirectly to get to the goal - that isn't moral. Everyone should have a line drawn in the sand where their limit is, but it wouldn't hurt for more people in our society to take calculated risks to achieve great things, and this I'm not just referring to body sculpting but ANYTHING in life. Don't let someone else's "line in the sand" hold you back from trying something yourself.

***EDIT***

Insulin doesn't require a PCT, is 100% OTC (Humulin-R), is cheap, is the most anabolic hormone the body produces (by a long shot) and separates the aspiring amateur bodybuilders from the pros in most cases and it also has the longest lasting set of consequences and can be the most dangerous when overdosed and used improperly.

Slin can also be amazing when used sensibly too

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

7) Both are cheap

One is regulated

***EDIT***

Awesome post. I have only just discovered the possibilities of PEDs, but I personally have always disliked the word "cheat". I have never competed with anyone, just yesterday me. I don't work out for other people, just myself. And I get more out of my PEDs than the guy that spent $3000 on a titanium frame bicycle (I embarrassed a guy by beating him with sheer muscle power on an old heavy frame road bike!). Those kinds of people use technology PEDs.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Everything is relative, I know 5 smokers who bash PEDs and say how unhealthy they are... GENIUS.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct. That being said, I do NOT wish to convey moral relativism - I do not believe in that sort of thing. However, there was a time when the Declaration of Independence, combined with the Ten Commandments, was simply enough to adequately convict and guide our nation and society as a whole.

Nowadays, there is so much social engineering with the intent of uprooting those foundational moral codes that we now how so many hypocritical laws and ideologies floating around in society, like massive support for alcohol and abortion, but at the same time it's frowned upon to take steroids to enhance one's quality of life & work performance. It's ok to end someone else's life and also to drink irresponsibly, even as the statistics prove that we continue to creat destruction around us with such vices like alcohol, yet we can't decide to take steroids into our own bodies... Just doesn't add up.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I assume not natty is everything thats prohibited by wada. An organization i extremely dislike (to choose politically correct words) HAHA

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
For me, it was about being mature and seeing the whole process through. I had the wisdom to study models of cycles and gear for a couple of years before....the darkness. lol. I lived and learned to use AAS while living in Costa Rica. I had a hot nurse/dr type inject me the first few times, helped with seeing how to aspirate etc. The first time I went to do it to myself? Scene gold. It had to be right out of Pulpfiction...sweating on the ground for 10 minutes before jabbing haha....For me AAS has to = maturity in all things both health and family.

1kerry

Awards
Yeah, sometimes I wish Id never touched supps at all.
^ this....Other than ARA and some caffeine/stims , almost all supps are garbage, but OHH WELL Im almost addicted to bcaas and that kind of sshiiiet, that I really feel weak when not using them

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
I personally don't regret anything I do in terms of my training and training enhancement. I HATE how some people bash others that do take ped's by saying it's cheating. The way I look at it is,

1. If you're competing to be the most jacked dude on earth and you don't take ped's, well I'll leave that one there.

2. If you're just working out for yourself, then what does it matter if you take things that can speed up your results or push you past your natural limits?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I personally don't regret anything I do in terms of my training and training enhancement. I HATE how some people bash others that do take ped's by saying it's cheating. The way I look at it is,

1. If you're competing to be the most jacked dude on earth and you don't take ped's, well I'll leave that one there.

2. If you're just working out for yourself, then what does it matter if you take things that can speed up your results or push you past your natural limits?
I was just about to say this. I knew guys who took AAS in highschool. The guy was a freak and eventually made a living out of it. He knew how to eat, train and rest. He was huge and well built, yet everyone just sort of blew it off behind his back like "he only looks like that because he juices" The other guy didn't juice. He looked ok, but his legs were lagging and he had no shoulders, he wasn't close to dedicated, yet everyone idiolized the guy. He had big bis, not tris and as I said before no legs, but because he didn't juice this was a good look? I don't get it. I don't condone 18 year olds juicing btw, it's just an example of what I've seen. Another example is Vin Diesel v.s Arnold. The guys always use to idiolize Vin, but when someone said he was a bitch compared to Arnie (I know actor vs BB legend, but they were talking about size) people would immedietly dismis Arnold and say "It's only because of juice". People are idiots.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I was just about to say this. I knew guys who took AAS in highschool. The guy was a freak and eventually made a living out of it. He knew how to eat, train and rest. He was huge and well built, yet everyone just sort of blew it off behind his back like "he only looks like that because he juices" The other guy didn't juice. He looked ok, but his legs were lagging and he had no shoulders, he wasn't close to dedicated, yet everyone idiolized the guy. He had big bis, not tris and as I said before no legs, but because he didn't juice this was a good look? I don't get it. I don't condone 18 year olds juicing btw, it's just an example of what I've seen. Another example is Vin Diesel v.s Arnold. The guys always use to idiolize Vin, but when someone said he was a bitch compared to Arnie (I know actor vs BB legend, but they were talking about size) people would immedietly dismis Arnold and say "It's only because of juice". People are idiots.
I have smokers/ recreational drug users tell me how unhealthy steroids are everyday and accuse me of being on them everyday and try to scare tactic me.. Irony.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I have smokers/ recreational drug users tell me how unhealthy steroids are everyday and accuse me of being on them everyday and try to scare tactic me.. Irony.
Same same. My friend is so concerned, but she smokes a pack a day.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
They also pull out WebMD and try and convince me that Test will cause liver and kidney cancer.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
They also pull out WebMD and try and convince me that Test will cause liver and kidney cancer.
We have test in our bodies naturally and they think it will give us cancer???? Water also causes cancer it seems

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Then when they realize the size effects of low T on me being 10 billions times worse than high T.. because you know extreme libido and mental clarity is so bad, the tables turn. GENIUS!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Nothing causes cancer other than genes, although other co-factors can further bad gene expression. It's a proven fact that gene expression causes cancer. However certain things can exacerbate certain gene expressions to the point that they become carcinogenic, which is why every single day I preach to my friends and family MODERATION IS KEY.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Nothing causes cancer other than genes, although other co-factors can further bad gene expression. It's a proven fact that gene expression causes cancer. However certain things can exacerbate certain gene expressions to the point that they become carcinogenic, which is why every single day I preach to my friends and family MODERATION IS KEY.
Well thats not wrong, however not quite right, too.
First of all its oftentimes mutation that causes cancer.
And then its not really the expression of certain genes causing cancer but certain genes getting overexpressed is a symptom on cellular basis.