Do The Right Thing!

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I have left my Inzer belt($90) and fat gripz($40) at the gym. Both times they were turned in. Moral of the story? I need to stop forgetting my ish haha. This happened at 2 different gyms.
Moral of the story: Don't use belts or gripz :wink1:

cdup

cdup

Awards
I had an experience this past week that I think will make for an interesting Promo Theme. Tell AI Sports Nutrition about a time in which you, or somebody you know, chose to do the right thing. If you'd rather not share a story, then post a picture of or mention something/somebody that inspires or drives you to be a better person. Winner(s) will be chosen by random number generator.

Rules:
Must be 18 or older.
Cannot have won an AI Sports Nutrition contest in the past 60 days.
Must reside in the US or PR.
Promo will run for at least a week. The first winner will be chosen next weekend, before Monday, June 25th.
If entries are still being submitted by next weekend, the promo will be extended for another week with another winner.
Winner(s) may choose from any capped AI Sports Nutrition products, Cycle Support, and our newest bulk product, if it's out by then. :D
I work in the cell phone/tablet/consumer electronics repair field and run a shop out of Atlanta GA. We specialize in iPhone and iPad repair and we have about 5-6 techs working on people's devices at any given time. Unfortunately there is no true protection against human error and sometimes mistakes are made with someone's expensive tool/toy. We pride ourselves on good service, and live by our word of mouth advertising. I am not going to mention the name of the business as it is unrelated to this post, but recently one of my techs had an issue while repairing an iPad 2 32GB. Somehow after installing the new parts and testing them they noticed that the touch panel was no longer functional. We installed and tested with previously confirmed working parts and nothing could bring this thing back to life. We were able to determine that the touch screen controller on the main board had gotten overloaded and damaged somehow rendering it basically useless. We immediately contacted the customer, explained the situation, and laid down a good $650 to replace the device for our customer within a matter of 48 hours to minimize the inconvenience for the customer. We could have easily chalked this up to a symptom of the initial damage and not accepted any responsibility, but we believe in doing the right thing especially when a mistake is made on our watch.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In HomeDepot the other day buying sheetrock and some electrical supplies for a remodel job and the cashier only rang up one sheet of sheet rock- I had several more than that. She told me the total and as I started to swipe my card, I realized that total was way to low (I usually do the math in my head as I'm shopping --OCD) so I told her no the price should be this amount. I paid the right amount and she never even thanked me for catching her mistake. As I was walking out, I saw her manager had been watching the whole time.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Something positive to read... Love this one

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
In KC once a couple years ago, I had a homeless guy ask me for some money. Something about him just seemed to reek of despair.. Not your normal hey give me money. I told him no and walked to my car, and I don't know why I just felt horrible about it. Something inside me was just tugging on me saying dude you need to help that guy. I ended up grabbing a extra coat I had in my car and went back up to him. I told him I'd like to help him. I gave him the coat and told him if he truly wanted help I'd help him out. He said he did, and told me his down luck story. He was married and had a good job. He was downsized, his wife left him, and kicked him out of the house. He moved her to be near her family as he didn't have any and just ended up on the streets. He'd been on the streets for only 6 days at that point.

I then called a couple local churches and most didn't answer. I lucked out when I called something Baptist in KC, it routed to the pastor, I told him the situation and he said yeah they'll help the man get back on his feet and give him a place to stay for the night. I paid the taxi guy directly and told him the address. I also gave the guy I was sending to the church $20 I had left over after paying the taxi.

Later on about an hour later, I felt good about it, but I really wondered if that guy went there. I called the church again and the pastor said that he did indeed show up and they were working on how to get him back on track.

It's made me look differently at homeless people, I've helped several out now. Only 2 have let me call around to see if I could find a place to help them get back on their feet. Just knowing that even if I only help one person out of the ones I try to help out it was worth it. It was weird but that one time I just felt like I had to do something. It's been a couple years now and I do wonder if he ever got back on his feet.

On a side note, I got hit with a cheeseburger that I bought for a homeless guy in Nashville. Some of them don't really care. I still think the ones you do help make it worthwhile.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I decided to stop by Wal-mart to pick up more propel flavored water powder packet thingies. When in line I got behind this guy with a couple cute little kids. They were buying groceries, and at the end the amount was more than this guy apparently had and he was trying to figure out what to get rid of. He took a couple things off the list of stuff he had . I told the clerk add mine to it and I'd pay for it all his groceries and mine. The total bill for his stuff was under $65. Not much at all. The guy didn't want to let me do it at first, but I explained to him it was okay and I've been there and sometime we could all use a little help. He was pretty appreciative of it, and that was all that was needed.

From time to time, I get all cranky with how little I think I have. I'm a spoiled person, I do always try to keep myself grounded. I do well in my career now but there was times when I first got married and first started out I was really bad off financially. Sometimes people just need a little break and I don't mind from time to time to try to help out with that. It really helps you as a person put things into perspective. I mean I remember thinking this sucks I can't afford a new car around that time, and here this guy is with 2 kids trying to buy groceries for his family. Made my 4 year old car not seem so bad!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Nathan, thank you for this thread. I LOVE this idea for a promo. I'm a big pay it forward guy!

I've been getting into that selfish groove a bit again and I needed this to really help me get my head on straight again.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recently made a trade with someone on here, and although he didn't ask for dick pics, I could just tell he wanted some. So I sent him dick pics with his package.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I recently made a trade with someone on here, and although he didn't ask for dick pics, I could just tell he wanted some. So I sent him dick pics with his package.
I appreciated those, really boosted my self-confidence. Thanks a lot man.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday evening bump. I really like reading these stories, so please keep them coming in.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Once some kid was selling M&M's for 3 bucks which is way overpriced, but it was for his mom that had cancer so I bought some. Hopefully he wasn't just saying that to make sales.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^I'm sucker for those kids that are selling stuff to get a free trip to XYZ theme park, lol. I actually don't usually buy anything; I just give them a five spot and wish them luck. :D

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
^^^I'm sucker for those kids that are selling stuff to get a free trip to XYZ theme park, lol. I actually don't usually buy anything; I just give them a five spot and wish them luck. :D
I'm a sucker for kids selling stuff as well. My wife hates it when the red wheel, girl scouts, boy scouts, and FFA kids find me yearly. That and Children's Mercy and St. Judes I have a hard time saying no to as well.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got hustled by the neighbor kids a couple months ago, lol. They told me they were collecting for their cheerleading team, only to find that they had made that round with my wife a week or two before that. They stopped by again about two weeks later, but I called them out that time. :lol:

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
my entry, guy inspires me.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nobody else has anything to share? You can share more than one story. I'll likely pick a winner tomorrow. I'll pick another later if more stories continue to come in. The winner(s) will be chosen via random number generator.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Ok...might as well vent out a bit something of mine I guess...and well, you can decide weather it is a good thing or not Nathan:

Some 11 months ago...I broke up and ended it with my Ex-gf/fiancee , I know sounds crazy right? (i'm barely 21), we had known each other since we were 9 years old. Thing is, I had an on/off thing with her, and we never really decided to actually take it seriously but we were there for one another anyway...she was there in the roughest parts of my life (some Mexican criminal shenanigans that happened to me...) and I was there for her through her parents divorce and health issues she came down with thanks to her depression for it...Anyways, we had finally made it official, we both live away from home and well...we both come from well bred families, so we moved in together and decided to take things to the next level and as soon as we graduated we would get married (hence fiancee, yes I did give her the ring...she gave it back). Well things went great for a while...perfect, lets skip to what I did for her...I used to carry many things from a bad childhood memory/experience I had, and she got me over them, but it took a toll on our relationship and on her...we could not keep going without making it more destructive, yet we did, and soon enough she ended up sabotaging the relationship (can you blame her? of course not...). So when I found out I could not make her the happiest woman on this earth I decided something...even wrote it down in my journal, which well no one but me ever reads...as corny and "romantic-movie-like" as it sounds...I did not give up on her, but rather let her go, I broke up with her...but we kept getting back to hanging out, sleeping around, drinking and of course, loads of fighting...So I did something that I still don't know its good or not, but I could not bear the thought of her still not getting all she deserved, all she hoped and dreamed of, the happiness I had vowed to give her, so I did the only thing I could...I pushed her as far away from me so she could be happy with someone else and never come back again to suffer with me. I lied to her, told her something that was never part of my conception of her, something I knew would hurt her and keep her from coming back so she could move on and get the real man who would give her everything she deserves...I was able to do this since I know her from so long, and know everything about her. Well fellas she started dating the guy who was her first serious BF (again we were only on and off...and I know the guy from way back in the day too...) they started dating 2 months and 3 days after WE broke up, and merely 1 month and 1 week after we stopped talking completely...I know she is getting married with him, the thing is, the church she wants to get married with him (he is older BTW) was busy for the day they wanted to get married...I payed the couple who was gonna get a baptism that day a good amount of money so they would free it up, so she got the call the church is free...I was not invited to her wedding, and I shall not attend this coming august...she doesn't know I did this...so whichever you think is a right thing, letting her go and putting myself through hell, celibacy, guilt and intense leaning out for all this time, or getting her at least the church she wanted for her wedding, well all up to you.

Note: How did I know the couple for the baptism? The catering company I work for has served (even I have served there) many times at that church...and we know the main priest and all the clerical staff that run the place...so I merely abused my Aunts (boss) good will and wish to help me out give my ex something nice...Only one of her friends knows I did this, this girl told me about the wedding and all, and well I already knew she wanted that church...I asked her friend not to tell her, now you also know why I swore off women for a while...and why I have been broke for a while (throw in I changed my GLI for another cooler car)...well that's it folks...If I win I merely wanna help someone get it , but thought to share something here that at least I think is romantic...and also terrifying since its mostly the stuff that my night terrors are filled up...so yeah...Good luck everyone...sorry about the tl;dr

cdup

cdup

Awards
Ok...might as well vent out a bit something of mine I guess...and well, you can decide weather it is a good thing or not Nathan:

Some 11 months ago...I broke up and ended it with my Ex-gf/fiancee , I know sounds crazy right? (i'm barely 21), we had known each other since we were 9 years old. Thing is, I had an on/off thing with her, and we never really decided to actually take it seriously but we were there for one another anyway...she was there in the roughest parts of my life (some Mexican criminal shenanigans that happened to me...) and I was there for her through her parents divorce and health issues she came down with thanks to her depression for it...Anyways, we had finally made it official, we both live away from home and well...we both come from well bred families, so we moved in together and decided to take things to the next level and as soon as we graduated we would get married (hence fiancee, yes I did give her the ring...she gave it back). Well things went great for a while...perfect, lets skip to what I did for her...I used to carry many things from a bad childhood memory/experience I had, and she got me over them, but it took a toll on our relationship and on her...we could not keep going without making it more destructive, yet we did, and soon enough she ended up sabotaging the relationship (can you blame her? of course not...). So when I found out I could not make her the happiest woman on this earth I decided something...even wrote it down in my journal, which well no one but me ever reads...as corny and "romantic-movie-like" as it sounds...I did not give up on her, but rather let her go, I broke up with her...but we kept getting back to hanging out, sleeping around, drinking and of course, loads of fighting...So I did something that I still don't know its good or not, but I could not bear the thought of her still not getting all she deserved, all she hoped and dreamed of, the happiness I had vowed to give her, so I did the only thing I could...I pushed her as far away from me so she could be happy with someone else and never come back again to suffer with me. I lied to her, told her something that was never part of my conception of her, something I knew would hurt her and keep her from coming back so she could move on and get the real man who would give her everything she deserves...I was able to do this since I know her from so long, and know everything about her. Well fellas she started dating the guy who was her first serious BF (again we were only on and off...and I know the guy from way back in the day too...) they started dating 2 months and 3 days after WE broke up, and merely 1 month and 1 week after we stopped talking completely...I know she is getting married with him, the thing is, the church she wants to get married with him (he is older BTW) was busy for the day they wanted to get married...I payed the couple who was gonna get a baptism that day a good amount of money so they would free it up, so she got the call the church is free...I was not invited to her wedding, and I shall not attend this coming august...she doesn't know I did this...so whichever you think is a right thing, letting her go and putting myself through hell, celibacy, guilt and intense leaning out for all this time, or getting her at least the church she wanted for her wedding, well all up to you.

Note: How did I know the couple for the baptism? The catering company I work for has served (even I have served there) many times at that church...and we know the main priest and all the clerical staff that run the place...so I merely abused my Aunts (boss) good will and wish to help me out give my ex something nice...Only one of her friends knows I did this, this girl told me about the wedding and all, and well I already knew she wanted that church...I asked her friend not to tell her, now you also know why I swore off women for a while...and why I have been broke for a while (throw in I changed my GLI for another cooler car)...well that's it folks...If I win I merely wanna help someone get it , but thought to share something here that at least I think is romantic...and also terrifying since its mostly the stuff that my night terrors are filled up...so yeah...Good luck everyone...sorry about the tl;dr
That's definitely chock full of debatable "right things", but I know something like that takes strength and bravery. That's no walk in the park man and I hope you come out the other side alright. Good post.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That's definitely chock full of debatable "right things", but I know something like that takes strength and bravery. That's no walk in the park man and I hope you come out the other side alright. Good post.
Thanks bro...TBH it changed my life...for the best or worst it can be debated...but I turned from a socialite shallow and lazy person, into a more individualistic lifestyle focusing in my body, my weaknesses and areas to improve, both mentally and physically...mainly...a sort of atonement and attempt to change my life...for all I did had/lost...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last call. It looks like this afternoon will be the last of this promo. Thanks for all of the entries, so far. I've enjoyed reading through these. I'll check back after work to pick the (random) winner.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last call. It looks like this afternoon will be the last of this promo. Thanks for all of the entries, so far. I've enjoyed reading through these. I'll check back after work to pick the (random) winner.
Nice! Great stories in here, awesome promo. Hopefully this can be my first AI win! Lol

I've been wearing my get stoked tank top while moving all week :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like how those fit. I just wore mine the other day. My wife has pretty much adopted it, though. She wears it for pajamas. :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We haven't had those in quite some time.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In KC once a couple years ago, I had a homeless guy ask me for some money. Something about him just seemed to reek of despair.. Not your normal hey give me money. I told him no and walked to my car, and I don't know why I just felt horrible about it. Something inside me was just tugging on me saying dude you need to help that guy. I ended up grabbing a extra coat I had in my car and went back up to him. I told him I'd like to help him. I gave him the coat and told him if he truly wanted help I'd help him out. He said he did, and told me his down luck story. He was married and had a good job. He was downsized, his wife left him, and kicked him out of the house. He moved her to be near her family as he didn't have any and just ended up on the streets. He'd been on the streets for only 6 days at that point.

I then called a couple local churches and most didn't answer. I lucked out when I called something Baptist in KC, it routed to the pastor, I told him the situation and he said yeah they'll help the man get back on his feet and give him a place to stay for the night. I paid the taxi guy directly and told him the address. I also gave the guy I was sending to the church $20 I had left over after paying the taxi.

Later on about an hour later, I felt good about it, but I really wondered if that guy went there. I called the church again and the pastor said that he did indeed show up and they were working on how to get him back on track.

It's made me look differently at homeless people, I've helped several out now. Only 2 have let me call around to see if I could find a place to help them get back on their feet. Just knowing that even if I only help one person out of the ones I try to help out it was worth it. It was weird but that one time I just felt like I had to do something. It's been a couple years now and I do wonder if he ever got back on his feet.

On a side note, I got hit with a cheeseburger that I bought for a homeless guy in Nashville. Some of them don't really care. I still think the ones you do help make it worthwhile.
Interesting twist. The random number generator chose post 55, which is Jr's post. I guess that means he gets to pick the winner. :rasp:

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Interesting twist. The random number generator chose post 55, which is Jr's post. I guess that means he gets to pick the winner. :rasp:
It would be funny as hell if he also uses a random number generator lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's up to him. :D

...and don't forget the rules for those of you that entered, but have won/logged in the past 60 days.

How about this? If you've logged or won in the past 60 days, you can still enter, BUT you must choose somebody from the thread to receive the product in your place should you win.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That's up to him. :D
What if he picks someone that has won before and thus THAT person NOW has to pick someone else, and then THAT person uses a random number generator and it picks YOUR post Nathan? Then its back to you? What would YOU do then? :p

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I haven't won anything in 60 days, so I'd keep it for myself. :toofunny:

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Well, I haven't won anything in 60 days, so I'd keep it for myself. :toofunny:
You greedy monkey! Hey btw you gonna do the FL3X patch log? I wanna follow a Nathan log for once :p even though he wasn't there to follow my log that HE sponsored :p!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I guess you've forgotten why I wasn't around then...
:( it was a joke...bad one at it too...sorry. And you are still my fave sponsor of all times bro... :(

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the bathrooms at Busch Gardens I saw an old man(Had to be no younger than 70) leave his watch and wallet on the bathroom sink and leave the bathroom. If it had been a younger person this probably would have been a bad deed but I quickly grabbed his stuff and gave it back to him. He offered me some cash but I told him to spend it on the kid he's with instead.
Jaycuda, see the first post for the what you can choose from and then PM me your shipping info with your product of choice.

BONUS: Jr will has been searching the sub-forums and will be rewarding a helpful forum member with his or her choice of an AI Sports product. This winner will also be announced here. :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Jaycuda, see the first post for the what you can choose from and then PM me your shipping info with your product of choice.

BONUS: Jr will has been searching the sub-forums and will be rewarding a helpful forum member with his or her choice of an AI Sports product. This winner will also be announced here. :D
Nice!

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established

Thanks, Stxnas. Haven't really been said but I really like the idea behind this promo. I enjoyed reading all the stories in here.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you liked it. I try to come up with something different every now and then.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats Jay!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grats guy!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I have made my choice. nattydisaster has provided tons of help and info to members on this board. I'd like to see him rewarded!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
I have made my choice. nattydisaster has provided tons of help and info to members on this board. I'd like to see him rewarded!
Great pick D2!!! Nattydisaster did a lot for this community...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good pick! He's been generous to all of us.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whenever I am driving or running outside and I see a turtle trying to cross the road, I get out of my car (or stop running), pick the turtle up, and move it over to the other side of the road. I'm not sure if the turtle appreciates it or not, but I have a feeling he does by the way he looks back at me with that glimmer in his eye. Okay, maybe not, but I do hate to see them get run over.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Whenever I am driving or running outside and I see a turtle trying to cross the road, I get out of my car (or stop running), pick the turtle up, and move it over to the other side of the road. I'm not sure if the turtle appreciates it or not, but I have a feeling he does by the way he looks back at me with that glimmer in his eye. Okay, maybe not, but I do hate to see them get run over.
respect.

I love turtles