Do I Really need an AI for PCT?

Thatguy0101

Awards
I've read many people say an AI is needed then others who say no, just a SERM (using nolva). I'm on Epistane. I got an AI anyway but wasn't planning on using it PCT that's just there in case.

People are saying use the AI the last 2 weeks of PCT but is there any point?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But if rebound gyno happens, it's good to have on hand.

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

Banned
Awards
Good to have, a few weeks of it may aid in endogenous test recovery, but not necessary.

Mystere3

Awards
I tend to use one of the steroidal AIs in pct but it's not necc with epi imo

Thatguy0101

Awards
Yeah Aromasin is awesome it's my AI of choice.

Thanks for replies guys. I got my aromasin on hand but will hold off using it. One less pill on my PCT means a few less sides atleast.

SNOman

SNOman

Awards
With Epi you really shouldn't need it. A serm will be ore effective than any OTC AI

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I've read many people say an AI is needed then others who say no, just a SERM (using nolva). I'm on Epistane. I got an AI anyway but wasn't planning on using it PCT that's just there in case.

People are saying use the AI the last 2 weeks of PCT but is there any point?
No, this is why a serm stacked with PCT Assist is a great option for this pct.

Thatguy0101

Awards
OTC stuff isn't something I'd use for PCT though. Apart from DAA for test boosting and vit c for cortisol control. All that OTC stuff is overpriced when I have access to a long time source of pharmactical grade stuff.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why wouldn't you want to throw an AI in near the end of pct to capture some of that newly restored free test and hold on to as much of your gains as possible?

Everyone is different I guess.

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

Banned
Awards
Why wouldn't you want to throw an AI in near the end of pct to capture some of that newly restored free test and hold on to as much of your gains as possible?

Because it causes a dramatic loss of estrogen and that causes dry joints, horrible mood/depression, etc.

Mystere3

Awards
Osta in pct would help you keep all your gains.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because it causes a dramatic loss of estrogen and that causes dry joints, horrible mood/depression, etc.
That's why you don't over do it. I've never had those types of problems.
In fact I feel better with an AI at the end of pct because my test finally starts to feel restored and that slight depression is lifted and replaced with a sense of well being.

SNOman

SNOman

Awards

The purpose of PCT is to return your normal hormonal levels. Manipulating them for longer isn't necessarily a good thing - not to mention that estrogen is actually NEEDED for gains.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The purpose of PCT is to return your normal hormonal levels. Manipulating them for longer isn't necessarily a good thing - not to mention that estrogen is actually NEEDED for gains.
Correct it is needed. But not a lot of it :)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have been on cycle and your estro levels are elevated running a SERM for PCT will increase test levels only until its stopped at which point test levels will plummet again because estrogen hasnt been managed.

High estro= dropping natural test levels
Low estro= rising natural test levels.

SERMS do not lower estrogen. They are technically estrogens with no effect at the receptor sites.
Great for stopping gyno.
Great for estrogen driven breast cancer
Good for kicking up test levels but they should ALWAYS be run with an AI. This way when your PCT is done estro will be low and test will be high.

If you run a SERM only youll have elevated test and elevated estro because, estro was already high plus rising test levels will further increase estro levels.
So....you stop the SERM and test plummets. PCT FAIL.

PCT-
AI only plus other test boosting compounds.
AI plus SERM.

NEVER- Serm only.