DMA's Never Satisfied Training Log

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Pretty solid session yesterday. Hit it hard and fast. Only had like 45 minutes to get it in. Had to go see Santa at the mall.

ATG Squats:
135 x 10
185 x 8
205 x 8

SLDL:
135 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 7PR
275 x 4

Front Squats:
135 x 8
135 x 6
135 x 6 (back was telling me not to go heavy, even though that was my intention at first)

Lying Leg Curls:
115 x 8
115 x 6
115 x 6
115 x 6

Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine:
170 x 40
190 x 40
205 x 30
205 x 30

Leg Extension nonstop partials w/ 70lbs. for as long as I could. Used hand to assist until I couldn't take it anymore. Did this 3 times. Quads were on fire.

Oblique Crunches x 3 sets

Quick but effective workout. Happy with the PR on SLDL, but I could feel this intercostal strain nagging me through it. The pump and focus is a great pain killer in the moment.

Never made it to see Santa. As we got on the freeway, my son got into a 3 car crash right behind us. Heard the crunching behind me and just had a feeling it was him. So I pulled to the shoulder and went running back and sure enough, him, my other son, and his girlfriend were standing on the shoulder uninjured but shaken up. So I let my wife take the girls home and I spent the next couple hours with the boys waiting on the tow truck. One of those things that sucks, but that's life, and there's a good lesson in it somewhere. No one was hurt, and that's all that matters.
THATS HORRIBLE BRO! Thank god their ok!!! God bless you and your fam bro!!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks dude. Was a definite relief when I ran up and saw them standing outside the car.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Dude I'm glad everything is okay...

On another note: I love seeing y'all's log killing leg day it actually makes me anxious to crank it out on my leg day

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Yes, would have your heart and stomache in knots! thank god, and legs are the beeest get rid of that stress, power through it and release that true TEST and growth

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I get to the gym today with the intention of pulling a double. Full Shoulder routine, full Back routine. Since I was off yesterday and will be tomorrow as well. And as I check in, they say they're going to be closing in 20 minutes!!! Had just slammed my Conqu3r and popped my X Gels and was slightly irritated to say the least. So I came home and threw in an old Tapout XT DVD. Strength and Force Upper Body. 53 minutes of push-ups, band work for shoulders and biceps,, all with a cardio pace. Sometimes a workout like this thrown in is kinda nice. Had me super pumped and dripping all over my living room floor. That's the best I could do. So I think I'll wake up to another video in the morning, maybe Yoga XT. I think my muscles can use it because it's getting to where I can barely reach my seatbelt!! Had to have my son hand it to me from the backseat the other day LOL.

So everyone have a great night and Xmas day tomorrow. Be safe. And enjoy your families and friends.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Yeah them gym near my family has terrible hours around the holidays so I had to get stuff done earlier in the week. Sounds like you got some good work in though brother. Enjoy your holidays!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
So I get to the gym today with the intention of pulling a double. Full Shoulder routine, full Back routine. Since I was off yesterday and will be tomorrow as well. And as I check in, they say they're going to be closing in 20 minutes!!! Had just slammed my Conqu3r and popped my X Gels and was slightly irritated to say the least. So I came home and threw in an old Tapout XT DVD. Strength and Force Upper Body. 53 minutes of push-ups, band work for shoulders and biceps,, all with a cardio pace. Sometimes a workout like this thrown in is kinda nice. Had me super pumped and dripping all over my living room floor. That's the best I could do. So I think I'll wake up to another video in the morning, maybe Yoga XT. I think my muscles can use it because it's getting to where I can barely reach my seatbelt!! Had to have my son hand it to me from the backseat the other day LOL.

So everyone have a great night and Xmas day tomorrow. Be safe. And enjoy your families and friends.
LOL! Horrible!! I got screwed to, didn't realize the early hours today and closed tomorrow!!! GRR so yea looks like ill be doing some mega cross fit burpee tree climber mountain breaker workout with some muay thai column kicking HAH something like that :O Merry Christmas to you to brother!!!! love n respect ALWAYs Glad you got your sh*t in still though, sometimes these things happen for a reason and obviously you sound like you need a little more flexibility, practice some crouching tiger scratching your ear with your foot behind your back stuff.. I love being pumped and all but the being to puffed up to reach around in a normal manner does suck sometimes!

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Gift from my sister in law. Told her don't mind if I cut the sleeves out!!
dude Hahahaha that is amazing.
"I have 99 problems and the 2014 PH ban is 1 of them."

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Awesome Shirt I love it! thanks for sharing bro!! Shazeezee your funny bro! Merry Christmas to you all! big love & respect always, your lookin great Dma!

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Just found this, but subbed!!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well now, I freakin' got it done this morning. 1,000,000 calories and no weights for 4 days is the ultimate motivation to kill it. Nice combination of Shoulders and Back, power and hypertrophy. I'll feel this one tomorrow. Hell, I already do.

Standing OHP Behind Neck:
65 x 12
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 9
95 x 9

Snatch Grip High Pulls:
95 x 10
135 x 7
135 x 7
135 x 6

Pendlay Rows:
135 x 10
225 x 5
225 x 6
225 x 6

Lat Pull Downs:
140 x 10
170 x 9
190 x 7
190 x 6
190 x 6

Stiff Arm Pull Down:
100 x 10
120 x 8
100 x 10
100 x 10
Super Set
Facepulls:
100 x 12
130 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10

DB Side Laterals:
35's x 10
35's x 9
30's x 9
30's x 9
Super Set
DB Shrug Triple Drop Sets:
75's drop to 55's drop to 40's x 4 sets

DB Reverse Fly:
30's x 12 x 3 sets
Super Set
EZ Bar Reverse Curls w/ Fat Gripz:
40 x 12 x 3 sets

DB Farmer Walks w/ Fat Gripz:
70's x not very far!!!
60's x a little farther
50's x at least I could make a lap around the gym, drop them and make another lap. Forearms were absolutely cashed.

Ab Roller x 3 sets

The Conqu3r / X Gels combination is legit. Didn't have me sweating as much this morning, but the drive to push the weights is unreal.

Nice to have today and the rest of the weekend off to spend with the fam. Hope everybody had a good one yesterday and uses those desserts as fuel today.

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
That was a nice 2 hour workout for sure! Way to get it done man!

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Lol I love farmer walks when I feel like a little self punishment is necessary hahahahaha I love super setting them with leg press and really driving off the balls of my feet for calls

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I love farmer walks when I feel like a little self punishment is necessary hahahahaha I love super setting them with leg press and really driving off the balls of my feet for calls
First time I've done them with the Fat Gripz. Those things are well worth the $40

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I think I need to add them into my arsenal sometime.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice job man! I find a way to toss mine in every other day and it does to wonders for strength after a short bit

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job man! I find a way to toss mine in every other day and it does to wonders for strength after a short bit
I have to space out using them a little further, otherwise my forearms never recover!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got in a decent session this morning. My lats, traps, and rear delts are thrashed from yesterday's workout. I love DOMS. Very hard to ever get delts sore, but the ArA is making it happen. On a muscle group like the rear delts it's nice to know you hit it, and the soreness feels nice and symmetrical if that makes any sense. This is one of my weak points aesthetically, so I hit them frequently.

Bench Press:
Warm up sets...bar, 95, 135
185 x 10
225 x 7
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 4

Underhand Smith Press w/ Slight Incline:
115 x 10
135 x 10
155 x 10
165 x 10

Low Pulley Cable Flys:
45 each side x 12 x 4 sets
Super Set
Reverse Grip Tricep Pull Down:
80 x 10 x 4 sets

Close Grip Bench:
135 x 8
155 x 8
155 x 7
Super Set
DB Hammer Curls:
25's x 15
25's x 12
25's x 12

Preacher Machine:
120 x 4
120 x 4
120 x 4
Super Set
Single Arm Overhead Tricep Cable Ext:
40 x 10 x 3 sets

15 minutes walk/jog 1 minute intervals on the treadmill.

Just feeling like I need a little cardio to burn the calories that my metabolism can't keep up with. Trying to tighten up the diet is hard this time of year. Not looking to cut, as this ArA is just taking off. But I have been sloppy, and I don't like what I'm seeing.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rear Delts I think are a possible for most people. Keep at it though. Great chest work out. Under had bench is awesome for upper chest.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rear Delts I think are a possible for most people. Keep at it though. Great chest work out. Under had bench is awesome for upper chest.
Thanks man. I just incorporated the UH press and love it. Upper chest is another focal point.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did I miss this? Late to the party.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some workouts are better left for the afternoon when the body has had a chance to wake up. For me anyways. This mornings session was a stiff, unmotivated piece of crap. Not to mention I'm a little sick along with the rest of my house. It's kind of comical. Here's the line-up for ailments in my house...

Me and 15 year old son: Stomach Bug w/ fever
2 Daughters: Cough and sinuses for the last 3 weeks
18 year old son: Pink-eye (his ass is quarantined!!)
Wife: Had knee surgery 10 days ago on crutches

Anyways, workout was:

Roman Chair Back Extension / Leg Extension Super Set light warm-up x 4 rotations

Squats:
135 x 10
185 x 10
205 x 10
225 x 8
225 x 6

Deadlifts:
135 x 10
185 x 6
225 x 6
315 x 4
315 x 4

Calf Raises x 4 sets approx. 50 reps each w/ 160lbs.

The fever had me dizzy, and the lower back never loosened up. Got in some moderate Squats and Deads so whatever.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Impressive dedication my friend... It's that drive of always chasing the obtainable goal of a better me that consistently drives me to drag my ass out to the gym or basement Dumbbells and slant board, even when **** gets tight. Also getting that pump and looking like a beast is soemthing that makes the stress melt away..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure which is my favorite workout, Shoulders or Back. But man, today made a great case for shoulders. They are getting stronger, and fast. Seemed to even be at a plateau when on DMZ, but am busting through it.
Feeling better today and was ready to take it out on the weights. The Conqu3r/X Gels pump and sweat was the best it's ever been today. Think this makes like the 6th or 7th session with them.

DB Shoulder Press:
35's x 12
55's x 10
70's x 8
80's x 7 PR
80's x 6

Seated Military Press:
205 x 4
185 x 4
155 x 8
135 x 10
Super Set
DB Lateral Raises:
50's x 10 partials drop to 25's x 10 Full ROM x 4 sets

DB Reverse Flys:
35's x 8 drop to 20's x 10 x 3 sets
Super Set
1 Arm DB Shrug:
80 x 12 each side
85 x 12 " "
90 x 12 " "

Front Raise w/ 45lb. Plate x 4 sets x 10 reps
Super Set
BB Shrugs:
225 x 12
315 x 8
315 x 8
315 x 7

HS Shoulder Press:
35 on each side w/ 4-0-1-0 tempo and partials x 3 sets
Super Set
Pec Deck Reverse Flys:
70 x 15 x 3 sets

Hanging Leg Raises / Oblique Crunches super set x 3 rotations

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Nice session D!!! I see that PR in there...LOL I like doing shoulders as well, you ever do Arnold presses?? Those light my shoulders up!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude! LEGS should be your favorite! Just kidding. Awesome shoulder workout though. Definitely strong pressing.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice session D!!! I see that PR in there...LOL I like doing shoulders as well, you ever do Arnold presses?? Those light my shoulders up!!
I throw them in occasionally. Always forget about them, but they do kick ass.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure which is my favorite workout, Shoulders or Back. But man, today made a great case for shoulders. They are getting stronger, and fast. Seemed to even be at a plateau when on DMZ, but am busting through it.
Feeling better today and was ready to take it out on the weights. The Conqu3r/X Gels pump and sweat was the best it's ever been today. Think this makes like the 6th or 7th session with them.

DB Shoulder Press:
35's x 12
55's x 10
70's x 8
80's x 7 PR
80's x 6

Seated Military Press:
205 x 4
185 x 4
155 x 8
135 x 10
Super Set
DB Lateral Raises:
50's x 10 partials drop to 25's x 10 Full ROM x 4 sets

DB Reverse Flys:
35's x 8 drop to 20's x 10 x 3 sets
Super Set
1 Arm DB Shrug:
80 x 12 each side
85 x 12 " "
90 x 12 " "

Front Raise w/ 45lb. Plate x 4 sets x 10 reps
Super Set
BB Shrugs:
225 x 12
315 x 8
315 x 8
315 x 7

HS Shoulder Press:
35 on each side w/ 4-0-1-0 tempo and partials x 3 sets
Super Set
Pec Deck Reverse Flys:
70 x 15 x 3 sets

Hanging Leg Raises / Oblique Crunches super set x 3 rotations
That's some strong shoulder action right there....nice!!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So all it takes is eating at slightly above maintenance of 3200 cals for 2 days to drop 5 pounds!! It is one thing to eat to keep gains after a cycle, but it is easy to let that mentality destroy your physique as well. I just can't do it for too long. If fat gain is winning the race over muscle gain (which it always does), then you're just not doing it right. I don't think I lost 5lbs. of fat in 2 days, it's just food and water weight. The difference in the amount inside your body 3200cals worth and 4000cals worth. So saying I was 203lbs at the end of my cycle and still 203 doesn't mean anything if it's just food weight. I just feel so much better about myself eating at or a little above maint. anyways.

Felt Beast for Back today!! zcol94, I'm getting better at the rear pull ups brother. It's a flexibility and mobility issue for me with an old shoulder injury. But the more I do them, the more that mobility opens up. First set felt strong with them. I just give you credit for inspiring me to start doing them as well as heavy ass DB side lateral partials!!

Kroc Rows:
55's x 12
80's x 10
135's x 8 PR
135's x 7
120's x 8

Rear Pull Ups: 7, 4, 4, 4 (after each set I would turn around at crank out a few regular pull ups)

Unsupported T-Bar Rows:
90 x 12
135 x 8
145 x 6
145 x 6
Super Set
Single Arm Cable Rows:
100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 8

HS High Row:
90 each side x 8 x 3 sets
Super Set
Chin Ups x 3 sets: 6, 6, 6

BB Curls w/ Fat Gripz:
65 x 8 x 3 sets

Seated DB Curls:
25's x 12 x 3 sets

Single Arm High Cable Curls:
40 x 10
45 x 8
50 x 7
50 x 7

Also, nbshazeezee, I can't let you be looking that much better than me brah. You're pics got me jelly. Gotta tighten it back up!!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Those Kroc rows are getting crazy heavy man

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Hahaha thanks man. I have been eating like a monster and swear I keep looking leaner. But hey I'm not complaining. And you're a monster for putting in that consistent hard work

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only got 3 more DB's before the weight runs out. Only up to 150's at my gym.
Have to start doing Kroc rows with BARBELLS!

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I'm gonna use krocs for e erything... Havingg a beer at the bar???? Put a Kroc in the bottle...