Diet Sample

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
I was hoping that I might be able to get a few opinions on my diet. I am very overweight and trying to lose weight in a healthy fashion.

5'9", 310lbs ~27-30% bf

I have tried ketogenic dieting in the past with little/moderate results. After I lose the initial water weight I lose very little with calories ~2500 and 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training. I have a feeling this might have to do with a decrease in my thyoid output as I am always cold. However I was able to get better control of my blood glucose with ketogenic dieting, but I never had the energy to have a really intense workout.

A little background: I have been diagnosed with prediabeties/insulin resistance and high cholesterol. While ketogenic dieting allowed me better control of these factors it did not produce the weight loss I had hoped, nor did it provide me with the increased energy.

Meal 1:
10oz protein powder, 60grams whey protein, 1 oz almonds

Meal 2:
6oz chicken, 1 cup blackeyed peas, 1 cup green beans, 1 oz almonds

Meal 3:
6oz chicken, 1 cup lentils with green onions and bell peppers

Meal 4:
6oz chicken, 1 cup pinto beans and red onions, 1 oz almonds

Meal 5: (Post Workout)
6oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli

Macros:
250g Pro(45%)/190g carbs - 50g fiber (25%)/ 75g fat(35%)
~2300 cals

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas, I have considered hiring Bobo for help but he isn't currently taking clients.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I would bump that meal1 shake out to post workout then eat the meal 5 1/2 hour later and put egg whites and oats in meal 1.
Your cals are to low for 310 lbs I would add at least another 300/400 cals even for cutting
You need whole foods early to get the metabolism stoked.
Try adding short cardio post lifting each day.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
The reason for the low cals is given an intake of 2500 I consistently maintained my weight, aside from water fluctuation.