DHEAs

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i posted this in anabolics section but i think i'll get more replies here...
i've been looking into DHEAs.

from what i understand , DHEAs are a precursor of testosterone and a precursor of estrogen. But these DHEA supps claim they skyrocket testosterone.. but what stops these DHEA supps from skyrocketing estrogen considering DHEA is an estrogen precursor too?

One person said, an AI in the supps will stop estrogen production. But that's estradiol that'll get stopped as Estradiol is produced from testosterone binding to Aromatase. Hence an AI will stop that.

However, what stops the DHEA from converting to estrone (the other type of estrogen)?... does the Aromatase enzyme convert androstenedione to estrone also? in which case the AI is stopping all estrogen conversion?

Cheers,

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Thought it was banned ;)

DHEA is a complex molecule some of which gets converted to test, some of which no one knows what it is getting up to. The wiki claims it is a neurosteriod. The health industry doesn't know what to make of it. I question the claim of 'sky-rocketing' test, although I've heard that using an AI in combination with DHEA is useful.

It looks to sit pretty far down the steriod pathway one step removed from test - although I never did advanced endocrinology. Certainly it is much further down than pregnenolone which will readily convert to estrogens. I wasn't aware of backtracking apart from when it gets to test but I don't know enough.

My view is that :
1. I think DHEA is getting up to a whole load more than simply converting to test or (possibly) converting to estrogens. The general view is that it is very weaking anabolic.
2. It is linked to cortisol and understanding the DHEA-cortisol link will go a long way to increase test. Normally this is about blocking cortisol response increases test BUT DHEA beats fatigue. I am not sure how it achieves this. It might mimic some of its behaviour of cortisol (at a very wild guess).

Personally I wouldn't use DHEA for anabolic purposes. Generally its uses would be to beat fatigue on cycle or to block cortisol off-cycle. Understand that it maybe one of the few options available in Aus. the AI+DHEA would then make sense.

The one thing I am certain of is that if you stay on DHEA for too long it can/will shatter your cortisol response. So I wouldn't stay on it for more than 3 months absolute max.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wobmarvel Supplement Logs 9
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 44
Anabolics 2