DHEA & Epistane?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt really recommend taking DHEA on cycle or off cycle.

You arent getting just androgens from DHEA, you are getting quite a nice amount of estrogens. i really cant understand why someone would take a supplement that converts directly to androgens and estrogens. Pro hormones do the exact same thing...would you take a pro hormone during post cycle therapy? it is just the definition of counter-productive.

also, DHEA converts more readily to estrone than any other hormone...as does andro, which is the first androgen DHEA can convert to.

if you are worried about cortisol, taper the doses off more slowly so the cortisol has time to come down in conjunction. Cortisol is the most important hormone in the human body. its increase in response to steroids is absolutely vital to immune system function and metabolism. you DO NOT want to lower it.

mountainboy

Awards
I have been using dermacrine, I am not concerned about the estrogen, as I have started to epi, I use the DHEA for libido while I am on this cycle- to prevent shutdown and it is working very well.

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... interesting way to put it jomi!....

So, if i'm not mistaken, you're suggestion to the above posters would be not take the DHEA and supplement a anti-cort instead? (i.e. retain2, etc...)

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been using dermacrine, I am not concerned about the estrogen, as I have started to epi, I use the DHEA for libido while I am on this cycle- to prevent shutdown and it is working very well.
DHEA is a pro hormone. it converts to primarily to estrogens and to excess androgens. It causes shutdown. it does not prevent it.

Not taking steroids prevents shutdown.

mountainboy

Awards
DHEA is a pro hormone. it converts to primarily to estrogens and to excess androgens. It causes shutdown. it does not prevent it.

Not taking steroids prevents shutdown.
Ever since I started using the DHEA I've had a libido boost, not trying to argue, I just know it's been working for me.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
Ever since I started using the DHEA I've had a libido boost, not trying to argue, I just know it's been working for me.
He is right, but at 100 mgs and below it has been shown that there is almost no suppression. What is important is that your libido is good. A lot of people are finding that EPI reduces estrogen levels to an uncomfortable level and little DHEA brings it up just enough they feel much better. Take as little DHEA as needed to keep you feeling right.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Jomi,

It would be nice to have a balanced reply from you stating "A" is bad don't do it but do "B" instead this will help you. Therefore you don't just take away from what they are already doing but give them a viable option to change to instead of DHEA if you are against it...

Just my 2c

Much Love,

Neoborn

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh im all for taking supplemental DHEA if you are experiencing signs of adrenal fatigue...low libido...etc.

But we are talking 25-50mgs a day here. Im seeing crazy post cycle therapy doses like 200mgs a day/150mgs day/100mgs day. the entire point of post cycle therapy is to force you body to respond to an ABSENCE of sex hormones. DHEA puts them right back in there. DHEA converts to the same steroids you take on cycle in smaller amounts.

For someone to point out that DHEA gives a libido boost isnt really a sign of shutdown prevention/HPTA restoration. A person taking 500mgs of testosterone a week will get the same thing and then some.

i didnt mean to come across as so one dimensional so;
1. taking DHEA during post cycle therapy- completely counterproductive
2. taking DHEA in small doses as a supplement when a bit older- great

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clarifying man. I learn't something.

Much Love,

Neoborn

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess everyone is unsure at this point. Dr. D states that he has used it for years without any gyno problems. But most of the research states it may cause gyno. But I haven't seen a study done on bodybuilders, which is what we really need to see. I am currently using coleus F. Forslean. and am experiencing some itchy, and sensitive nipples from the stuff. So I am obviously very susceptible to gyno. But then again I have a high percentage of bodyfat at this time, so this probably causes more estrogen problems.
Forskolin will do this, since it increases testicular aromatase. Ive got the same gyno symptoms everytime I use a forskolin product.

-Pp

mountainboy

Awards
Oh im all for taking supplemental DHEA if you are experiencing signs of adrenal fatigue...low libido...etc.

But we are talking 25-50mgs a day here. Im seeing crazy post cycle therapy doses like 200mgs a day/150mgs day/100mgs day. the entire point of post cycle therapy is to force you body to respond to an ABSENCE of sex hormones. DHEA puts them right back in there. DHEA converts to the same steroids you take on cycle in smaller amounts.

For someone to point out that DHEA gives a libido boost isnt really a sign of shutdown prevention/HPTA restoration. A person taking 500mgs of testosterone a week will get the same thing and then some.

Just to clarify- I am still on my cycle while I am taking the DHEA, I will stop the DHEA when I stop my cycle.:cheers:

cromwell

Awards
Are you all spreading out the DHEA to specific times of the day (i.e. not night time, when estrogen tends to be higher...?)

And are you taking it with meals?
I take the majority am, with food. right now thats 75mg am, then 50 mg a few hours before bed. Remember, I am pulsing so dhea is off days only. Personally i feel fan****ingtastic. remember I am 41 so will react differently than many of you

cromwell

Awards

That is a valid point, I am considering lowering my dose. Remember that at my age my levels are naturally lower. I feel really good though. However my try 75 and see how that feels

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
I take the majority am, with food. right now thats 75mg am, then 50 mg a few hours before bed. Remember, I am pulsing so dhea is off days only. Personally i feel fan****ingtastic. remember I am 41 so will react differently than many of you
DHEA is going to be less suppressive if not taken late in the day. I wouldn't recommend taking right before bed unless you need it for libido support.

cromwell

Awards
DHEA is going to be less suppressive if not taken late in the day. I wouldn't recommend taking right before bed unless you need it for libido support.
Agree, and thats sorta why. But recently I tried 100mg am and O later and feel good, so maybe I will run with that. Man I had no Idea dhea was this bonerific. Almost as good as RedKat....my girlfriend hid from me when I used it:twisted:

cromwell

Awards
This is a very healthy attitude.
Thank you. I recently sustained an injury at work(partial intercostal tear, ribs a little banged up), Which limits my training. That can be frustrating, but i figure
1) I can basically train legs, which are a weak point anyway, so specialize for ten days or when ever the injury heals
2) when its healed, go back and hit the mother****er
3) thank god I pulsed, or i'd have to quit the cycle entirelly or be useing and not training, which is stupid.

cromwell

Awards
Thank you. I recently sustained an injury at work(partial intercostal tear, ribs a little banged up), Which limits my training. That can be frustrating, but i figure
1) I can basically train legs, which are a weak point anyway, so specialize for ten days or when ever the injury heals
2) when its healed, go back and hit the mother****er
3) thank god I pulsed, or i'd have to quit the cycle entirelly or be useing and not training, which is stupid.
Little update here.....Still hurting with the ab strain, but its better. I will train legs today, wHicih needs to be done on machines, but better than nothing. Up 7 ibs overall in 2 1/2 weeks and down 1/2 on waist.