deadlifts

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Impressive squat weight. If you compete in a powerlifing competition, however, you may need to go lower to reach parallel. The tops of your thighs were parallel to the floor, but in many associations, they look for a line between knee and hip bone to be parallel, not the top of the thigh.

For the sake of form and muscular imbalances, however, it would be better to submit a video of a submaximal weight. Perhaps a weight you could normally do for 10 reps, perform for 4 or 5 working on form. From this, I can tell you over/under active muscles, weak spots, tight spots, and form cues.

Br

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Impressive squat weight. If you compete in a powerlifing competition, however, you may need to go lower to reach parallel. The tops of your thighs were parallel to the floor, but in many associations, they look for a line between knee and hip bone to be parallel, not the top of the thigh.

For the sake of form and muscular imbalances, however, it would be better to submit a video of a submaximal weight. Perhaps a weight you could normally do for 10 reps, perform for 4 or 5 working on form. From this, I can tell you over/under active muscles, weak spots, tight spots, and form cues.

Br
Thanks. I honestly havent given all that much thought in competing in PL up until recently so not too worried about it. Plus if I did I would do local meets and I have seen some suspect calls.

Honestly this was just me testing out what I could do. Im on cycle right now so strength is going up faster than I can really tell. Appreciate it though. The guy recording the video leaves soon so it will be unlikely I will get a good video of me squatting for reps. The camera phone I have is crap.

SilverBullet7

Awards
Put 500 pounds on ur back without getting urself psyched up and see what happens :scool:

Oh ya and because I can. No one has said anything to me so I am going to do what it takes to get my lift.
UHOH LUNK ALARM lmao

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UHOH LUNK ALARM lmao
Ya I wouldnt last at a Planet Fitness very long lol.

Honestly no one has complained to me. If anything people come over and say "damn thats a lot of weight" some stick around to watch others dont.

I think the whole idea of the "lunk alarm" is retarded. Seeing other people lifting heavy should make u want to better urself unless u r a spineless coward :lol: I mean we all started out somewhere.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Put 500 pounds on ur back without getting urself psyched up and see what happens :scool:

Oh ya and because I can. No one has said anything to me so I am going to do what it takes to get my lift.
Do what you've got to do to get yourself pumped. Mental motivation is a key to squatting heavy weights.

Good form, good weight that you squatted too. Like Zir Red said, in a powerlifting competition you'd want to go a tiny bit lower though. They judge by the hip bone in comparison to your knee. Your hip has to go lower than your knee. In general, it'll promote better balance with your leg muscles.

Good work nonetheless. You'd be a beast in your weight class.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do what you've got to do to get yourself pumped. Mental motivation is a key to squatting heavy weights.

Good form, good weight that you squatted too. Like Zir Red said, in a powerlifting competition you'd want to go a tiny bit lower though. They judge by the hip bone in comparison to your knee. Your hip has to go lower than your knee. In general, it'll promote better balance with your leg muscles.

Good work nonetheless. You'd be a beast in your weight class.
Thats my logic and if no one complains y not?

K I didnt know that and will work on that. Might get another squat video up before my friend deploys. Not sure how much I want to try next week. Hit 405*11 and then 455*8 on Wednesday.

Thanks man appreciate the words.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Thats my logic and if no one complains y not?

K I didnt know that and will work on that. Might get another squat video up before my friend deploys. Not sure how much I want to try next week. Hit 405*11 and then 455*8 on Wednesday.

Thanks man appreciate the words.
Damn those are big numbers. What is your current 1RM squat?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn those are big numbers. What is your current 1RM squat?
That video was taken last Wednesday and that was a PR. The week before that I hit 405*10 and 455*6. I want to test my limits but not kill myself in the process :22:

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established

yeh you lil beast.... imma try that...
but i normaly pace back and forth when I do a heavy deadlift....

you look slimer in your avatar than on your vid.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established

where my dead video

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeh you lil beast.... imma try that...
but i normaly pace back and forth when I do a heavy deadlift....

you look slimer in your avatar than on your vid.
Deadlifts I dont even really have to do anything for. Just get my breathing right and then find my grip and pull.

Well Id say I was about 220 in my avatar pic and 235 in my video. Also Im pretty sure my shirt wasnt pulled down so it hung out some.

where my dead video
Ya I have decided Im not going to post it here just everywhere else.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
405....WOOT finally got it!!!!!DEADLIFTS!!!!FTW!!!!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I was burning out on 400+ pound deads with 5x5.....now I only deadlift every other week, and use a bunch of warm ups 3x8 to get to the target weight, then try 1 set of as many reps, usually 5-6. If brave 1 max rep but last time I got a headache immediately after, LOL.

It still drains me, but not as bad as every week.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
3 sets of 225 for 5 reps yesterday morning then that following evening I went to boxing pratice and my lower back was killing me.. might of over did it...
pain went away..