DaveGabe putting Poseidon to the test!!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, here is the answer from the head man himself:

I was told that all ingredients are inclusive within the Poseidon complex, thus giving the necessary 5 grams.

Now that makes more sense.
Sounds good, thank you.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no problem, glad it now makes sense, especially for all of us :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So it's safe to say Poseidon knocks me out (night) and then picks me back up (morning)
It's probably also safe to say that that taking Poseidon before bed (and during the night if possible) is going to assist keeping you hydrated, hense assist keeping your body in an anabolic state - am I right on this one reps???

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's probably also safe to say that that taking Poseidon before bed (and during the night if possible) is going to assist keeping you hydrated, hense assist keeping your body in an anabolic state - am I right on this one reps???
While being adequately hydrated is necessary, I'm not sure you can quite make this correlation definitively. Hydration is a very key ingredient to a bodybuilders arsenal, but I wouldn't necessarily say by staying hydrated over night you're guaranteed a state of anabolism. I would think more a long the lines of a slower digesting protein to prevent catabolism would support this assertion.

I do believe proper hydration is essential, for the record. :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
While being adequately hydrated is necessary, I'm not sure you can quite make this correlation definitively. Hydration is a very key ingredient to a bodybuilders arsenal, but I wouldn't necessarily say by staying hydrated over night you're guaranteed a state of anabolism. I would think more a long the lines of a slower digesting protein to prevent catabolism would support this assertion.

I do believe proper hydration is essential, for the record. :)
Well, live and learn - thanks Dave

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do notice i am better hydrated in the morning when i take poseidon at night..while i do not know if this truly has any benefit it does make it so your not playing catch up with by trying to rehydrate in the morning imo

but we will just say it keeps you anabolic and add that to the label( j/k) :p

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do notice i am better hydrated in the morning when i take poseidon at night..while i do not know if this truly has any benefit it does make it so your not playing catch up with by trying to rehydrate in the morning imo

but we will just say it keeps you anabolic and add that to the label( j/k) :p
The only thing I felt this morning was extreme hunger :aargh: I do feel my skin is a tad bit less oily, whether that's relevant or not :p lol

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Posting my workout and deadlift video up later tonight / early tomorrow morning...going to be out for the day.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
everything is looking good man, keep it up

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, was unable to lift on Saturday. Hung out with my girl on Friday, and went home for the weekend.

Tomorrow I'm back at it.

Poseidon Notes: I have been waking up pretty damn groggy. Cloudy eyes, little slower getting "up." Take another dose in the morning, and I'm ready to go, though.

Skin is clear, enjoying this. Mood has been great lately, although I must say I'm usually a relatively cheerful kid. Don't have any "real" stresses in life to put me in a bad mood.

Curious to see how difficult the lift tomorrow will be considering I missed Saturday (which really pissed me off for the record :aargh)

Anyways, these are the most significant benefits for now. Obviously, still keeping an eye out for other things since we're about 2 weeks in now and this is primetime for this product it seems ;)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
School starts to stress me out and my cortisol starts shooting up, but I'm as chipper as always lol. 1-carboxy seems to help me avoid waking up groggy, melatonin makes it worse. Hope your deads go well, mine sucked today. I think with my busy school schedule I can't train how I did this summer intensity wise.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
School starts to stress me out and my cortisol starts shooting up, but I'm as chipper as always lol. 1-carboxy seems to help me avoid waking up groggy, melatonin makes it worse. Hope your deads go well, mine sucked today. I think with my busy school schedule I can't train how I did this summer intensity wise.
My school schedule is definitely making things difficult, as well. Somehow still managing to hit it hard 3x a week though, so things are going well.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 16th

Squats
  • 135 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 275 x 5
  • 315 x 5
Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 255 x 5
BB Rows
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 215 x 5
  • 225 x 5

Gym closed, so I missed my hypers, sit-ups, and fascia stretching...at least I got my lifts in.

So far everything is going great...hit all my lifts despite missing Saturday's lit. Was unable to get some videos because there was other people in the gym, and I'm not comfortable enough yet to take a video while people are there :p

Poseidon: The sleep benefits are most definitely there. I actually don't mind waking up groggy, and to be honest I've never been a "morning person" my whole life. To me this is just another sign that I'm sleeping deep again, which is VERY nice while at college. I can also make the safe assumption that this deeper sleep is most definitely helping with recovery, and although I'm only lifting three days a week, I'm going heavy all 3 days...so this recovery is very enjoyable.

Skin is clear, as usual. I have never really had any acne problems in my life, an occasional blemish/breakout on my back, maybe one or two on my face every few months. This really seems to keep my face consistently clear though, and gives the skin a "healthy" look.

The energy aspects are also very apparent. It is a nice "clean" energy, that I can take upon waking up, or even right before bed. This isn't a stim-energy, where it will keep you up. It's just there, and keeps you going for whatever you need to do.

Have roughly 2 more weeks of Poseidon and I'm actually contemplating the idea of starting up one of my new cycles (possibly the orig. MassFX or Nos ETHER, to enjoy the absorption enhancements that the Poseidon complex can offer. Not sure how you guys feel about that, as I would not want others to feel I skewed my results.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 18th - Thursday

Squats
  • 135 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 235 x 5
  • 235 x 5
Incline Bench
Deadlift
Gym closed, had a pretty bad pain on the inside of my right upper calf..below the back of my knee.

Was a solid lift, strength/weight is progressively coming on, just as planned.

Posiedon has me sleeping deep, solid energy throughout the day, mental alertness seems to be up. Enjoying this :cool:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glad to see this is still going strong and that the Poseidon is just an overall feeling enhancer. Good work

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glad to see this is still going strong and that the Poseidon is just an overall feeling enhancer. Good work
Yep, my logs might not have all the glitz and glamour..but I do make sure I maintain a sense of consistency and intensity. Simple and to the point in here :cool:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no reason to go over the top, so I can appreciate simplicity at its finest

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 20th - Saturday

Squats
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 235 x 5
  • 285 x 5
  • 325 x 3
  • 235 x 5
Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 195 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 260 x 3
  • 195 x 5
BB Rows
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 175 x 5
  • 195 x 5
  • 230 x 3
  • 165 x 8
Assistance

Weighted Dips
  • +25 x 8
  • +25 x 8
  • +25 x 8
BB Curls
  • 70 x 8
  • 70 x 8
  • 70 x 8
Tri Extensions
  • 110 x 12
  • 110 x 12
  • 110 x 12
Stretch

Weights went up smooth, and with good form. Really looking forward to these next few weeks as the weight increases...we'll see how easy it goes up :cool:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad your still crushing the weights. I have been pretty busy running between classes and getting my lift on as well.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad your still crushing the weights. I have been pretty busy running between classes and getting my lift on as well.
Yep, it's no biggy...I know how it can be trying to rep and be in college at the same time ;)

Tonight was my last lift with Poseidon!! Will be taking the last scoop before bed..and right up a final review within the next day or so. Typing the workout up now.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
same as Steve. Looking forward to the final review. Thanks again for the feedback

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 23rd - Tuesday

Squat
  • 135 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 275 x 5
  • 325 x 5
Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 260 x 5
BB Rows
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 175 x 5
  • 195 x 5
  • 225 x 5

Workout ended here...I gotta start getting to the gym a little earlier so I have time to do my assistance work and stretches. Weight is up, strength is up, and I'd be happy if I could keep this pace up for a few more months.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really busy the last few days, and one of my long time best friend's brother just passed away...so a lot goin on. I will have the review up asap though, sorry for the delay.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worry we will appreciate the review whenever you get around to it :)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Final Review

Posiedon

Benefits
Ok, well there were three main benefits to date. The others, that are definitely not ruled out, tend to be much harder to gauge. While improved mood, hydration, etc. is possible, it is not rational for me to give Poseidon credit for all of that when I'm not 100% positive. Sleep, energy, and skin complexion on the other hand....very easy to thank Poseidon for improvements. I decided to wait a few days, for a few reasons. One because I had to attend a wake, and another because I wanted to see if I noticed a difference coming off Poseidon. In fact, I did and this was the defining moments as far as Poseidon's benefits. I have not slept as DEEP, or had such clean energy since off Poseidon. I even had trouble staying awake in one of my classes (back to the usual). I never realized how constant the energy was on Poseidon until I came off it...very impressive. Sleep was deep, often times remembering dreams which is not like me. I never have trouble falling asleep, or getting a good nights rest, but when I remember dreams I know it is better than usual. Skin complexion, while I do not ever have any major problems, did seem to clear up completely. Very nice benefit might I add. Overall, these three things were very enjoyable to experience over the last month or so.

Cost
This is the downfall IMO. I'm a college student, and while I find the benefits to be VERY enjoyable...they're not something I'd justify for such a price. It's $50 for 45days worth @ 4 scoops (which is what I found to be on workout days, 3 on off days). It is a great supplement, and when I'm sitting on some nice cash, definitely something I'd consider in the future.

Big thanks to Nimbus for letting me test Poseidon...was a very very enjoyable test run. Great nights sleep, thorough energy for the first month of school which was IDEAL, and clear skin for the ladies :cool: Poseidon is definitely a potential staple for those who can afford it.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good review DG. Cost as a student is always one thing I look at too. I picked up the Blast and Swell on sale, but they don't have the same kick as Poseidon seems to have.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great review, thanks for the honest feedback

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really appreciate the honest and detailed review. No bull in there so i liked it :D

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good review DG. Cost as a student is always one thing I look at too. I picked up the Blast and Swell on sale, but they don't have the same kick as Poseidon seems to have.
Yep. Was a very beneficial product, but like I said..not as much of a necessity as the rest of the staples. More of a luxury :cool: Thanks for stoppin by man.

great review, thanks for the honest feedback
Anytime :)

I really appreciate the honest and detailed review. No bull in there so i liked it :D
Yep...I hold no punches :D If a company is sending me product to test, they should know damn well that it's at their own risk lol I'm doing Mass FX Max Str for AX next...should be interesting.