Cut before AAS or after?

Dread

Awards
Quick question before I start my 1st cycle. Is it best to lower your BF and get cut as much as you can before beginning AAS or should I start a cycle of say 500 mg test while I'm losing?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have to work very hard and wait a long time for every lb of LBM I gain. Last thing I want to do is throw it away while cutting, so I always use AAS for a cut. But hey, not everyone has my scrawny little hardgainin frame. :)

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Quick question before I start my 1st cycle. Is it best to lower your BF and get cut as much as you can before beginning AAS or should I start a cycle of say 500 mg test while I'm losing?
Yes, the leaner you are when u do an assisted bulk, the better.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I would start cutting while on a low dose then ramp it up and bulk clean.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I would start cutting while on a low dose then ramp it up and bulk clean.
I agree. A lot of people bad mouth using gear for the first time as a cut. I think it's bullcrap to bash someone like this. As long as a person is old enough and understands how to construct a proper cycle (or a least follow the advice of some more experianced guys on this board), then I don't see what the problem is. Most of the guys on this board arn't trying to look like Ronnie or Yates. Most what to look good and looking like a bloated hefer ain't going to cut it.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I agree. A lot of people bad mouth using gear for the first time as a cut.
To be clear, its not what i said in my above post. What I mean is that one should be as lean as possible before bulking.
Nothing wrong in using AAS for a strong cut, if he needs it. In such a case I would go with T3 and some strong PS like SD or PP or the good old var.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
The reason people say you shouldn't use AAS while cutting has nothing to do with proper planning...People usually suggest running a bulker for a first cycle since your first cycle is usually your best while your receptors are fresh. It makes sense to gain as much as you can on your first cycle, since you can count on it being your most significant.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
To be clear, its not what i said in my above post. What I mean is that one should be as lean as possible before bulking.
Nothing wrong in using AAS for a strong cut, if he needs it. In such a case I would go with T3 and some strong PS like SD or PP or the good old var.
Easy, Syr.:wave: This wasn't pointed at you. I was just throwing it out there. A large number of gear users (in my experiance) get on people when they don't use gear for anything other then to get as big as a house. "I don't want to waste it on a cut" or some such nonsense.
And welcome back.

SecretOfSteel

Awards
I prefer to cut beforehand, simply because you're going to be getting a LOT bigger, and my clothes always get really really tight - I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if i didn't cut beforehand.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm cutting right now and plan to continue through the start my cycle, possibly in Mid February. I want to get into the upper single digits in the first 1/2 of my cycle, then ride it out as a lean bulker, hopefully not gaining more than 1-2% during the cycle. Part of my reasoning is that I probably won't finish PCT until sometime in May, which won't give me much time to cut up for summer. I'm interested to see how this experiment works out. I've never used anything while cutting.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
What is your cycle?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Check it out:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/405451-post40.html
I'm gonna tweak a few things, probably. I'm gonna run inverse ATD to Nolva, and probably kick off PCT with high dose Clomid. Still working out the details, but first I'm tring out AMP/HEAT for Avant. I should be pretty cut by the beginning :D