critique todays diet

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I didn't take the time to count calories or get any specifics, I've done it in the past so I have a pretty good idea of what is in what...I just keep a mental note thought the day of what i've eaten, etc...

I'm about 5'9" 160lbs 6-8% bf...I'm pretty much just trying to maintain and maybe put on as much lean mass as possible, without gaining any fat...

supplements i'm taking right now are
Mass FX, CM, BA, NO shotgun.

breakfast :
whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagel

lunch :
6in turnkey sandwich, on french bread, with cheese

snack :
Protein shake
Granola bar

pre workout :
whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagel
small serving of plain greek yogurt with granola
(drink) half scoop no shotgun, 5g CM, 5g BA, one scoop Xtend

post workout :
Nector protein shake

dinner :
3 chicken fingers

pre bed:
small serving plain greek yogurt with strawberrys and small amount of granola.

I'd estimate it at around 2000 cals, maybe 150-175 g of protein...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
That's gotta be less than 2000 cals...and not enough protein. There's virtually no protein in your breakfast and pre bed meals. Hopefully those 3 chicken fingers are huge...Throw some nuts/oils in for more cals, get another meal in there with a lean meat and brown rice or oats. Bagels are worthless IMO but if it works for you...

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
dude i eat more than that in one day and im a recovering anorexic im 5'8'' weighing around 105-108 on a good day. you should have some carbs with your nectar shake like some ground oats would be cool no need for sugars especially late at night just imo and since you work out late at night why not add some natty pb to your morning bagel and have a protein shake there aswell. since youre taking mass fx put it to work with a solid diet, i mean it looks good already but a few minor tweaks and youd have a really good plan. and idk if you just chose to not list your veggie intake but with your dinner why not have some broccoli and EVOO or a salad and make your own dressing with either evoo, udos oil, or even throw in a hardboiled egg? pre bed switch out the granola and move that complex carb up to PWO and if your craving a crunnch before bedtime throw some almonds into your yogurt for some good fats that would be much better because you dont really need some sugary granola before bed. idk thats my opinion but i dont have my diet perfect either and im always looking for help with it so i guess take it with a grain of salt, im no expert but i do have a nutritionist who works primarily with diabetic patients so she teaches me all about insulin manipulation and it seems to be keeping me really lean. ive gained 30 lbs in 5 months and my bf dropped just because i had no muscle to begin with so obviously the addition of muscle would raise the LBM to BF percentage. if your worried about fat gain or anything just throw in a few cardio days in the morning. what are the macros your kind of aiming for roughly?

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
or instead of adding oats to your PWO why not get a flavored WMS to match the flavor or complement the flavor of you nectar? ive been using WMS instead of dex/malto and theres no bloating no fat gain at all and even though theres so much controversy surrounding it i think it works just as good. if you added one scoop depending on the brand its only gonna add 30g carbs and thatll put ur protein to work fast. and instead of bagels unless you really love them why not try some oats for breakfast or ezekial bread?

gabriellost

Awards
RE

FitModel according to me water plays an important role in every diet chart. In your diet you have to have protein more. In my diet I would like to have fruit and vegetable as it gives freshness.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
okay thanks guys, I'll post an updated more detailed food diet when I get a chance! thanks

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
FitModel,

Do us a favor and plug a typical day into fitday or calorieking or whatever website. TBH, you're not maximizing the amount of lean mass you could be gaining because it looks like your hardly eating enough food, let alone enough carbohydrate and fat.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
not counting calories is not a plan or a diet.....it's nothing but guessing at best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Nutrition / Health 14