Creatine Magnesium Chelate?

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Know this is a very novice question however, I am curious. I haven't used creatine for a few months and looking to use some again.

From what I was reading this form seems to improve stability and solubility over mono, anyone have any experiences?

Was looking at Controlled labs green mag and reading up on VPX Cremtor sounds like a decent product

Thanks

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Know this is a very novice question however, I am curious. I haven't used creatine for a few months and looking to use some again. From what I was reading this form seems to improve stability and solubility over mono, anyone have any experiences? Was looking at Controlled labs green mag and reading up on VPX Cremtor sounds like a decent product Thanks
Greenmag is great price per serving and taste in all flavors (especially green apple) Haven't used cremtor but the added ingredients make it a very nice profile. Can't go wrong with either.

80 servings for $35.99 http://www.islandsupplements.com/controlled-labs-green-magnitude-1-83-lbs.html

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Know this is a very novice question however, I am curious. I haven't used creatine for a few months and looking to use some again.

From what I was reading this form seems to improve stability and solubility over mono, anyone have any experiences?

Was looking at Controlled labs green mag and reading up on VPX Cremtor sounds like a decent product

Thanks
I like green mag, however the benefits of creatine are gained whether you use mono or the magnesium chelate so you could still take mono for cost effectiveness. I like the chelate simply because I'm a fan of supplementing magnesium, so its like two birds with one stone.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What Kevin said is correct. Lots of creatine misinformation floating around about which is "better"

WILL_I_AM

WILL_I_AM

Awards
Some company is always trying to push the "new best creatine". Be careful not to buy into the hypes without doing your research.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For some creatine mono can cause GI issues. In those instances I would recommend MCC . Here is a great deal for a years supply of Creatine mono: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/creatine-monohydrate-1200-grams.html
Bingo! Plus it has the nice addition of Betaine Anhydrous. If you're looking for pill form, you can also roll with Green Bulge.

I agree with the GI issues, so have opted to try MCC as from the studies it does not appear to be inferior like other forms CEE comes to mind.

I opted for Green Magnitude watermelon flavour, let's hope it taste good as it will be lasting 80 days

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with the GI issues, so have opted to try MCC as from the studies it does not appear to be inferior like other forms CEE comes to mind. I opted for Green Magnitude watermelon flavour, let's hope it taste good as it will be lasting 80 days
it taste bomb :) all the flavors do.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What the hell does "bomb" mean?. I mean I know it's an explosive device but otherwise....
amazing flavor explosion on your mouth. Metaphorically speaking of course ;)

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine hcl>

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Some company is always trying to push the "new best creatine". Be careful not to buy into the hypes without doing your research.
and don't buy into the false view that a .edu source is better than any .com source, right?

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
For some creatine mono can cause GI issues. In those instances I would recommend MCC .
I've also experienced GI issues with mono but also with Krealkalyn (buffered mono).

I'm kinda pissed about that as the creatine was clearly increasing my strength and power, not to mention endurance too. It was very noticeable and definitely gave me an extra edge during cycling.

It's a shame I had to stop taking it.

I'm now looking for an alternative.

From your experience and maybe others you know, does the MagnaPower MCC eliminate the GI iusses (queasiness, etc)? Do you know the science behind why it wouldn't cause the same issues? Thanks

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Creatine hcl>
Maybe in the short term to reach saturation, but overall I'd still just stick to mono.

Unless you're looking to reap the numerous benefits of magnesium, then MCC is an awesome choice. Where's those SNS MCC caps?!?!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If someone has GI issues with 5g creatine mono, will they be GI-issue free with 12,500mg MCC? (Since MCC is 40% creatine)

I have GI issues with 5g creatine mono, so that's why I am asking
Whats the number one selling OTC laxative? Yup, magnesium. I would imagine that dosing MCC that high would cause MORE GI issues than mono alone.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe in the short term to reach saturation, but overall I'd still just stick to mono.

Unless you're looking to reap the numerous benefits of magnesium, then MCC is an awesome choice. Where's those SNS MCC caps?!?!
MCC is one of two designer creatines that i'd spend more money on over mono. The other being creatine nitrate. I think supplementing magnesium is highly underrated, and a dose of MCC pre bed is so wonderful. Wish more people knew of the benefits.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MCC is one of two designer creatines that i'd spend more money on over mono. The other being creatine nitrate. I think supplementing magnesium is highly underrated, and a dose of MCC pre bed is so wonderful. Wish more people knew of the benefits.
Strong this ^^ I use calm (a powdered mag citrate) and I get an improved sleep and a nice BM in the AM