Creatine: How much is too much??

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
How much creatine is too much when working out heavy?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much creatine is too much when working out heavy?
Most people these days say that u only need 5 grams a day with no loading phase.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drinking a whole kilo of creatine dissolved in water in a sitting might be too much.

If you mean how much is enough before you're just wasting it, I would say 5g is about enough. I think this dose is supposed to give you enough and a little more just in case.

Now, bear in mind if you're a huge beef and salmon eater, you might be getting enough in your diet. One pound of beef can supply 2g creatine, and 1lb of salmon can supply 4g creatine. I eat about 1lb of beef and 0.5lb of salmon daily, so I get around 4g like that. I know others who eat twice as much of the same meat, easily, than I do, so their needs are covered.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Drinking a whole kilo of creatine dissolved in water in a sitting might be too much.

If you mean how much is enough before you're just wasting it, I would say 5g is about enough. I think this dose is supposed to give you enough and a little more just in case.

Now, bear in mind if you're a huge beef and salmon eater, you might be getting enough in your diet. One pound of beef can supply 2g creatine, and 1lb of salmon can supply 4g creatine. I eat about 1lb of beef and 0.5lb of salmon daily, so I get around 4g like that. I know others who eat twice as much of the same meat, easily, than I do, so their needs are covered.
Cool man, thanks. See of your profile that you like Death Metal...what are some of your fav bands?

MJcarter

Awards
Ive tried both loading and just keeping it 5g/day and got same results, +4Ib

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3-5 g is sufficient. My favorite forms are the tried and true monohydrate and magnesium creatine chelate.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool man, thanks. See of your profile that you like Death Metal...what are some of your fav bands?
Old bands/albums like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Monstrosity, Sentenced

New bands like Krypts, Stench of Decay, Kerasphorus, Cruciamentum, Antediluvian

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Old bands/albums like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Monstrosity, Sentenced

New bands like Krypts, Stench of Decay, Kerasphorus, Cruciamentum, Antediluvian
Right on man, gotta love those low growls

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deer antler velvet has over 390 active ingredients including: Growth factors, IGF, lipids, proteins, HGH, minerals, chondroitin, glucosamine and amino acids. These ingredients are naturally formed each year with the new growth of the deer antler velvet.

:haha: