Creatine Ethyl Ester or Monohydrate????

miguel1991

Awards
Ive been taking creatine mono for the past while and have not seen any noticeable effects. I usually drink alot of water when taking the creatine....at least 8-10 250l glasses day whicj=h is fine. Although ive recently heard people saying that the ethyl ester is ALOT stronger and may work better for me. It says there is no water retention with ethyl ester so does this mean i dont have to drink alot of water with ethyl ester?

Anyone who has has good exp with any creatine, i would be more than happy to hear your experiences and advice! Also what kind of doses and when to take?

Cheers!!!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
CEE is not as effective as mono or MCC. I'm a big fan of MCC for the Magnesium content, which has numerous benefits.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Also with mono, try 3-5g on workout days only.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
CEE would need to be dosed much higher to see comparable results to monohydrate,

Esterfied creatine is actually a less stable molecule as well, more prone to cyclizing to creatinine in acidic environments (stomach, acidic drink solution) and nearly instantly as the pH becomes more alkaline.

= on average more degredation to creatinine, tested and proven in human serum levels; and also less active Cr per gram so the dosing needs to be higher.

The fact they suggest a smaller dose to work as well is idiotic; marketing at its finest.

Stick to mono, or as stated above to MCC for additional benefits.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
stick with monohydrate....get a quality monohydrate product creaplex, dymatize micronized, or a creapure product and your not only saving money but getting results

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for mono. It's cheap and effective. Get the creapure brand if you're worried about purity. Muscle Feast sells it for pennies.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
CEE would need to be dosed much higher to see comparable results to monohydrate,

Esterfied creatine is actually a less stable molecule as well, more prone to cyclizing to creatinine in acidic environments (stomach, acidic drink solution) and nearly instantly as the pH becomes more alkaline.

= on average more degredation to creatinine, tested and proven in human serum levels; and also less active Cr per gram so the dosing needs to be higher.

The fact they suggest a smaller dose to work as well is idiotic; marketing at its finest.

Stick to mono, or as stated above to MCC for additional benefits.
Thats a shame. I love taking ny CEE with vinegar

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Any other creatine including mono > Ethyl Ester

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Very much so. In a sarcastic mood lol
Lol ok I had to be sure.

It was just this morning I got through my textbook chapter on creatine & its various forms.

Another note of interest: creatine absorption is maximized only when it is fully in solution. This requires about 7 ounces for a typical 5g dose.

Creatine taken in capsule form will actually be less effective.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lol ok I had to be sure.

It was just this morning I got through my textbook chapter on creatine & its various forms.

Another note of interest: creatine absorption is maximized only when it is fully in solution. This requires about 7 ounces for a typical 5g dose.

Creatine taken in capsule form will actually be less effective.
Outside of your text book, do you have any additional references for that?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol ok I had to be sure.

Creatine taken in capsule form will actually be less effective

I'm kinda doubtful that that is actually true.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The sources are cited in my text lol hella annoying to type out but give me a few minutes

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
"By ingesting Cr as a solution exogenously, it will forego the need to do so endogenously. Conversely, lozenges and less soluble forms of creatine taken in solid form (i.e. capsules, suspensions) must disperse into a solution prior to reaching the intestines and are likely to be limited in doing so by poor dissolution rates."

Textbook is this year's edition of Sports Nutrition and Performance Enhancing Supplements (studying for a ISSN cert)

Cited source is

Harris RC, Nevill M, Harris DB, Fallowfield JL, Bogdanis GC, Wise JA. Absorption of creatine supplied as a drink, in meat, or in solid form. Journal of Sports Sciences. 2002/01/01 2002;20(2):147-151.

symbianblack

Awards
"By ingesting Cr as a solution exogenously, it will forego the need to do so endogenously. Conversely, lozenges and less soluble forms of creatine taken in solid form (i.e. capsules, suspensions) must disperse into a solution prior to reaching the intestines and are likely to be limited in doing so by poor dissolution rates."

Textbook is this year's edition of Sports Nutrition and Performance Enhancing Supplements (studying for a ISSN cert)

Cited source is

Harris RC, Nevill M, Harris DB, Fallowfield JL, Bogdanis GC, Wise JA. Absorption of creatine supplied as a drink, in meat, or in solid form. Journal of Sports Sciences. 2002/01/01 2002;20(2):147-151.
Free form powder always absorbs better than a pill.... Thats why when you break up a "time released" drugs and take it you get a RUSH of the drug

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Cited source is

It says less soluble forms though...Plus I don't think its really going to make a quantifiable difference. Another thing, How can you ingest a creatine solution edogenously?.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It says less soluble forms though...Plus I don't think its really going to make a quantifiable difference. Another thing, How can you ingest a creatine solution edogenously?.
It is dissolved into solution endogenously, or has to before reaching the intestines. The prior writing described the need for the Cr to be in solution for absorption at that point.

It was saying that the dissolution rate was a limiting factor in accomplishing this if ingested as a solid or suspension form.

You are right though the difference would be minimal. I just found it interesting.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is dissolved into solution endogenously, or has to before reaching the intestines. The prior writing described the need for the Cr to be in solution for absorption at that point.

It was saying that the dissolution rate was a limiting factor in accomplishing this if ingested as a solid or suspension form.

You are right though the difference would be minimal. I just found it interesting.
That doesn't make sense based on the definition of Endogenous.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
I gained 25 lbs of rock hard lean mass with no water at all, and also increased my bench 75lbs and squat 120lbs for reps with CELLTECH! Lmfao. Sorry guys I had to.
But seriously OP, monohydrate for the win. Its cheap, effective and proven. Its a staple in my supplements year round, however I do cycle off of it for 4 weeks every 3 months. Good luck!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That doesn't make sense based on the definition of Endogenous.
I believe it was just saying that the solution has to be formed within the body, the capsule would have to break down and the Cr fully dissolve before reaching the intestines.

I don't have the cited study and am simply going off of the text.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I gained 25 lbs of rock hard lean mass with no water at all, and also increased my bench 75lbs and squat 120lbs for reps with CELLTECH! Lmfao. Sorry guys I had to.
But seriously OP, monohydrate for the win. Its cheap, effective and proven. Its a staple in my supplements year round, however I do cycle off of it for 4 weeks every 3 months. Good luck!
There is no need to cycle it

Even after long term chronic use, upon ceasing supplementation your body's natural production will still be fully functional

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try a loading phase of creatine mono. I am aware that studies now say a loading phase is not neaded. lol Science is great but I know for a fact creatine works better for me at higher doses. Muscles look alot fuller after 10 days of 5x5 dosing.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How are

1. Creatine Nitrate?

2. Creatine Orotate?
Any Cr salt will need to be dosed higher to get an equivalent effect from Cr compared to mono.

The bonded salt can have alternate benefits but that is somewhat besides the point.

Cr nitrate is a pump product used in preworkouts. Probably less than 1g Cr in it

Moral = just take mono, if you want extras in your stack add them in bulk