Creatine and muscle tears???

AussieOak1

Awards
Here is a question for all the bro's out there. Do you use creatine?? If so do you experience any problems with it. I have only used it twice, once 4 years ago, and right now. When i first took creatine i was using it for four weeks then suddenly everytime i lifted a weight i got a muscle tear. I therefore stopped its use suspecting it may have something to do with the tears. Just recently i decided to use a product called Musashi creatine muscle stack, on paper this product looks great. Been using it for four weeks now.... Monday tore my pec (only minor) today (Wednesday) tore my thigh (not major but a little more serious than just a minor strain)...

Any one else out there experienced similar problems with creatine???

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont think that is a creatine problem. you are not doing something right. creatine might make you a little stronger and be able to push it a little harder but tearing muscles is something I have rarely done. I use creatine all the time except on a cycle. how long had you been working out before you tore the muscles?

notsopyare

Awards
SAme thing happened

Here is a question for all the bro's out there. Do you use creatine?? If so do you experience any problems with it. I have only used it twice, once 4 years ago, and right now. When i first took creatine i was using it for four weeks then suddenly everytime i lifted a weight i got a muscle tear. I therefore stopped its use suspecting it may have something to do with the tears. Just recently i decided to use a product called Musashi creatine muscle stack, on paper this product looks great. Been using it for four weeks now.... Monday tore my pec (only minor) today (Wednesday) tore my thigh (not major but a little more serious than just a minor strain)...

Any one else out there experienced similar problems with creatine???
I've had exactly same problem. I do not use lot of weights, but I've been doing sufficiently intense exercise routines such as P90x and insanity for few years now without any problems (except occasional sore muscles that last for day or two). However, I started taking a recovery drink (with Creatine as one of its ingredient) with with my workouts recently. After 3-4 weeks of taking the drink, I've begun to tear every part of my body that I work on. I used to do pull ups with no problem, but now, after doing the pull-up routine of P90x, I felt extremely sore for 5 days! Next day, few Push ups in the chest routine caused my bicep muscles to tear up (i could actually feel sharp pain shooting inside the biceps and heard something snap). I used to easily run 6 miles in a decent pace without breaking much sweat, but now running for half a mile caused severe cramps in my legs. So I've stopped working out. More recently, I tore my shoulder while testing a few pull ups after few days of complete rest to see if I could do it.

I've been taking Whey protein for a long time, and the only difference in my recent workout routine is creatine. I am still making speculation, but I guess I am among those people that are adversely affecting by this supplement! I also believe that creatine works for most people, as I've seen lot of people swear by its effectiveness. I will really appreciate if anyone has experienced what I or AussieOak experienced....

Last edited: