• Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, unfortunately it happens to often !!
Been a while since I have seen it to this degree, sort of caught me off guard. I had to walk out after Arial's decision. I hope she gets dome lineup pics.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not her category but here is where I started to get suspicious this girl won the tier 2 muscular physique.
View attachment 120440

This girl came second ... I rest my case.
View attachment 120441
Hmmm... the first wasn't that muscular or lean; the second leaner in the upper body... different federations/organizations look/want different things though and judging is so subjective... her first show might not have gone as planned/desired, but as long as she came in at her best and enjoyed it, then that's a start, and perhaps look at competing with a different federation/organization or category next time...

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm... the first wasn't that muscular or lean; the second leaner in the upper body... different federations/organizations look/want different things though and judging is so subjective... her first show might not have gone as planned/desired, but as long as she came in at her best and enjoyed it, then that's a start, and perhaps look at competing with a different federation/organization or category next time...

~Rosie~
Yes Rosie I had not seen this level of corruption in the judging in a while, you know the story they promote their own people. I am familiar with the scenario, lesson learned and we will be choosing the organization more carefully next time.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes Rosie I had not seen this level of corruption in the judging in a while, you know the story they promote their own people. I am familiar with the scenario, lesson learned and we will be choosing the organization more carefully next time.
It's only one reason I chose not to compete (everyone asks if I do - why do people assume that a female training in a gym is a competitor?!), but also because I care little for the whole being on stage and in the limelight thing (I can be feminine and "glam up" off stage and do now sometimes LOL). I've actually leaned towards getting back into a "true" sporting arena (where "judging" is truly objective), but not quite sure yet. Think maybe I am at a point where I have done so much and different things that training might simply just be a "way of life" and requirement (which it is re health and fitness) without there being anything "competitive" (except against myself). But, went off on a tangent... We live and learn, yes, and I know next time the changes you make will be reflected positively (here's hoping, anyways)...

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's only one reason I chose not to compete (everyone asks if I do - why do people assume that a female training in a gym is a competitor?!), but also because I care little for the whole being on stage and in the limelight thing (I can be feminine and "glam up" off stage and do now sometimes LOL). I've actually leaned towards getting back into a "true" sporting arena (where "judging" is truly objective), but not quite sure yet. Think maybe I am at a point where I have done so much and different things that training might simply just be a "way of life" and requirement (which it is re health and fitness) without there being anything "competitive" (except against myself). But, went off on a tangent... We live and learn, yes, and I know next time the changes you make will be reflected positively (here's hoping, anyways)...

~Rosie~
Yes competing for me is more of a thing I do occasionally for fun and it's a good way to force myself into getting into top notch shape. The real reason I still do it is that I know I can still improve my physique. There will be no point once I can't improve anymore and that may be never :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just sayin.... Damn!!

linda.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's the guy I have to beat :)

9abw.jpg

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes competing for me is more of a thing I do occasionally for fun and it's a good way to force myself into getting into top notch shape. The real reason I still do it is that I know I can still improve my physique. There will be no point once I can't improve anymore and that may be never :)
We NEVER stop improving!

Here's the guy I have to beat :)

View attachment 120566
Yep - we only have to beat ourselves in the long-run!

~Rosie~

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey DW,

Hope you have been well. Sorry if I missed this, what fed do you compete in and what fed were those results from?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey DW,

Hope you have been well. Sorry if I missed this, what fed do you compete in and what fed were those results from?
hey how are you. UFE for both. I really like how they run there shows. We don't have as many choices as they do in the states but UFE is quite solid.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so week 2 of this lower volume routine so may as well lay out what I am doing...

Chest
Bench 1 and 1/4's ss with shoulder width bench inner intention 4 X 10 of each 3-0-1-1 tempo 90 seconds rest this is freakin brutal but quick
Cable flies ss incline db press X 10 of each 3-0-1-1 tempo 90 seconds rest

Side and front delts Just one super set 3 X 10

Side lateral raise ss L-lateral Raise ss bus driver front raise 3 X 10 3-0-1-1 tempo 90 seconds rest

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am doing a carb cycle and decided to form it to my workout schedule. I am doing lower carbs on my 3 nwd's of around 100 grams and the workout days consist of medium to higher carbs between 150 and 200 2 of each.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Do you have any familiarity with Ben's monthly MI40Nation subscription? $10 a month is not a bad price if the forum is active and useful, and the 4 week training programs are as sound as MI40x has been.
Anyone have any experience with this?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have any familiarity with Ben's monthly MI40Nation subscription? $10 a month is not a bad price if the forum is active and useful, and the 4 week training programs are as sound as MI40x has been.
Anyone have any experience with this?
I think Chris is a member and yah you can't go wrong for 10 bucks a month. It's a pretty proactive environment.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Amazing! Thanks, I will probably treat myself to the membership :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing! Thanks, I will probably treat myself to the membership :)
Yah I read a lot of the correspondence but could still be more involved. CEP certification is something I am interested in as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not her category but here is where I started to get suspicious this girl won the tier 2 muscular physique.
View attachment 120440

This girl came second ... I rest my case.
View attachment 120441
In all honesty the right person won that. Most physique shows I have seen have been more about more size but a little less cuts. There are really two schools for this. One is the uber shredded look of a body builder with less mass. The other is trying to emulate the female bodybuilders like Cory Everson, a good amount of muscle and soft enough to exude femininity. The second one is lacking muscle in a major way for the physique category. Other than her extremely conditioned abdomen she has absolutely nothing on the first girl.

First girl = far better legs, much larger arms and shoulders, great V Taper - as far as conditioning the only thing not as tight or tighter on her is her abs.

Second Girl has better conditioning in abdomen, but her arms, shoulders and legs are all far less developed and are no leaner than the first girls. She looks like a really ripped bikini or fitness competitor.

In this case it may be obvious that the 2nd girl was in better condition at least in the waist. However she did not bring the better complete package.

Not saying that is the case with your girl. I still haven't seen the pictures from the show yet. However physique category-wise tends to be that a bit more muscle is the requirement and whether they should be slightly softer or shredded part seems more debatable amongt judges and federations.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all honesty the right person won that. Most physique shows I have seen have been more about more size but a little less cuts. There are really two schools for this. One is the uber shredded look of a body builder with less mass. The other is trying to emulate the female bodybuilders like Cory Everson, a good amount of muscle and soft enough to exude femininity. The second one is lacking muscle in a major way for the physique category. Other than her extremely conditioned abdomen she has absolutely nothing on the first girl.

First girl = far better legs, much larger arms and shoulders, great V Taper - as far as conditioning the only thing not as tight or tighter on her is her abs.

Second Girl has better conditioning in abdomen, but her arms, shoulders and legs are all far less developed and are no leaner than the first girls. She looks like a really ripped bikini or fitness competitor.

In this case it may be obvious that the 2nd girl was in better condition at least in the waist. However she did not bring the better complete package.

Not saying that is the case with your girl. I still haven't seen the pictures from the show yet. However physique category-wise tends to be that a bit more muscle is the requirement and whether they should be slightly softer or shredded part seems more debatable amongt judges and federations.
I have to disagree Chris I think the girl in 1st belonged in bikini I don't see that much development but I saw them live so that makes a different impression. If you say the other categories you might have a different opinion as well. Athletic swimsuit models were generally very cut and winning. It makes no sense the the physique muscular winners would be less muscular.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd place has better shape though...
It was even more obvious live though. That could be why we differ. The girl who won looked like 3rd of 4th to me.

Felipovsk

Felipovsk

Awards
It was even more obvious live though. That could be why we differ. The girl who won looked like 3rd of 4th to me.
I see your point and I ain't that experienced in judging, but I think the second's arms are far leaner and pretty well defined. You can even see her veins poppin' out.

Felipovsk

Felipovsk

Awards
I see your point and I ain't that experienced in judging, but I think the second's arms are far leaner and pretty well defined. You can even see her veins poppin' out.
I was referring to mr kleen's comments.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Veins mean nothing when it comes to competing, they give an illusion of conditioning however can not be used as a measurement for that because some people have tons of surface veins and others have hardly any regardless of conditioning. Plus...you can see the winners veins in her arms just as well as the person who took 2nd. Pretty good considering #2 is flexing and the winner has more girth in her arms standing in a relaxed pose. There is no hang on the 2nd place girls triceps at all. You can see the triceps meat hanging off the back of the other girls arm in a relaxed position. The winners delts are far superior to the 2nd place person. Her quads are easily twice as developed. The skinny chic has NO LEGS!

Here is another pic from a different angle showing the girl who won. You can definitely see she has more muscle mass. Broad wide shoulders with nice healthy delt caps, her thighs are twice the size of the other girls and leaner too. Arms have more thickness and shape to them. Just not quite as shredded. If you look at most of the champions in that feds categories they are all about the same as far as how lean she is.

Now Doug, I can not comment on how they looked in person unless this is an excellent picture of the first place person and a horrible picture of the 2nd place I really don't see how it could be any different. I would love to see some more pics here. More importantly though, I would love to see the ones of Ariel in the show. Did she ever get them? She is the true winner here regardless of placement!

Felipovsk

Felipovsk

Awards
Nice exposition mrkleen73. NOW I realize it and do agree considering the pic.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Veins mean nothing when it comes to competing, they give an illusion of conditioning however can not be used as a measurement for that because some people have tons of surface veins and others have hardly any regardless of conditioning. Plus...you can see the winners veins in her arms just as well as the person who took 2nd. Pretty good considering #2 is flexing and the winner has more girth in her arms standing in a relaxed pose. There is no hang on the 2nd place girls triceps at all. You can see the triceps meat hanging off the back of the other girls arm in a relaxed position. The winners delts are far superior to the 2nd place person. Her quads are easily twice as developed. The skinny chic has NO LEGS!

Here is another pic from a different angle showing the girl who won. You can definitely see she has more muscle mass. Broad wide shoulders with nice healthy delt caps, her thighs are twice the size of the other girls and leaner too. Arms have more thickness and shape to them. Just not quite as shredded. If you look at most of the champions in that feds categories they are all about the same as far as how lean she is.

Now Doug, I can not comment on how they looked in person unless this is an excellent picture of the first place person and a horrible picture of the 2nd place I really don't see how it could be any different. I would love to see some more pics here. More importantly though, I would love to see the ones of Ariel in the show. Did she ever get them? She is the true winner here regardless of placement!
these are all different categories in this pic the second place girl is not in them. Believe me there were plenty of shocked people at this one. The girl who came in third in tier 2 was even more muscular buy maybe too so. The decisions they made in tier 3 were not consistent with what we see in tier 2 either. Anyway trying to move past this. We will be avoiding this org from hear on out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
these are all different categories in this pic the second place girl is not in them. Believe me there were plenty of shocked people at this one. The girl who came in third in tier 2 was even more muscular buy maybe too so. The decisions they made in tier 3 were not consistent with what we see in tier 2 either. Anyway trying to move past this. We will be avoiding this org from hear on out.
I know the second place was not in here, but the picture of the second place girl you posted was the only one I could find which is the point of comparison I was using. Many people think the most ripped person should always win it. Typically that is the case unless the most ripped one is lacking in size. From the pictures that looks like the case. However you were there, so if you say she was bigger then I believe you. There is still a ton of confusion as to what these newer categories really look for though. Some go for the softer more feminine look like the winner, and some go for the shredded look of a female bodybuilder just smaller. Will be nice when people can get an idea of what they really want.

Did she ever get her stage pics? Even if she didn't buy them there is normally a link to the proofs we could look at from whoever the competition photographer was. I would love to see how she looked after drying out and carbing up!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know the second place was not in here, but the picture of the second place girl you posted was the only one I could find which is the point of comparison I was using. Many people think the most ripped person should always win it. Typically that is the case unless the most ripped one is lacking in size. From the pictures that looks like the case. However you were there, so if you say she was bigger then I believe you. There is still a ton of confusion as to what these newer categories really look for though. Some go for the softer more feminine look like the winner, and some go for the shredded look of a female bodybuilder just smaller. Will be nice when people can get an idea of what they really want.

Did she ever get her stage pics? Even if she didn't buy them there is normally a link to the proofs we could look at from whoever the competition photographer was. I would love to see how she looked after drying out and carbing up!
Yah they should be in any time she was in Tier 3 as a beginner, and these are tier 2. Arial was not as cut but had more shape than the girl who came first who had no real feminine shape at all and the girl who came second was very, very smooth almost chubby.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah they should be in any time she was in Tier 3 as a beginner, and these are tier 2. Arial was not as cut but had more shape than the girl who came first who had no real feminine shape at all and the girl who came second was very, very smooth almost chubby.
Yeah that can be frustrating for sure. Some times they just need to see your face a little more before they start judging you better.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that can be frustrating for sure. Some times they just need to see your face a little more before they start judging you better.
Plus the girl who came second's boyfriend was one of the organizers.