Cramping?

Trufitnessman2022

Trufitnessman2022

Awards
Ok so I have done ALOT of research on the subject! So basically about three weeks after I started my first cycle I started getting cramps everywhere. In some of the strangest places like my jaw line my neck my armpit and nearly everyday when I wake up I stand and get a full on spasm in both legs it’s like i stand flex my quads to stretch and they start spasming every single day. Oddly enough it doesn’t stop here since starting gear I can’t eat more than five or six bites of cereal without my jaw tightening up and hurting as well but only when I eat things that seem to have more chewing involved like cereal. I thought originally ok maybe I require more water now so I upped the water to between 1 1/2 and 2 gallons a day to no avail so I started playing with electrolytes supplementing with potassium and what not also to no avail. Im now three cycles in and still have this problem and I’m stumped! None of this ever happened before running gear so any ideas would be appreciated folks!

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And why are you eating dry cereal instead of oatmeal or cream of rice?

Trufitnessman2022

Trufitnessman2022

Awards
And why are you eating dry cereal instead of oatmeal or cream of rice?
Because I like cereal and eating it post workout helps me hit my caloric needs for the day!! I don’t store fat for anything. I ate between 5-6000 calories a good quarter of which was trash on my first cycle and gained a barely negligible amount of fat! It takes an act of congress and really really really poor choices for me to
Suffer from cereal!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3-5 grams of taurine per day
This. Would definitely recommend picking up a tub of Taurine like this for example

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Because I like cereal and eating it post workout helps me hit my caloric needs for the day!! I don’t store fat for anything. I ate between 5-6000 calories a good quarter of which was trash on my first cycle and gained a barely negligible amount of fat! It takes an act of congress and really really really poor choices for me to
Suffer from cereal!
Ahhh makes sense.. post workout is actually a good idea. I know big Paul from anabolic bodybuilding has to eat cereal on his high days. Keep shoveling it in bro. I know it's hard but atleast you're not ignorant to the fact that food is most important

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ahhh makes sense.. post workout is actually a good idea. I know big Paul from anabolic bodybuilding has to eat cereal on his high days. Keep shoveling it in bro. I know it's hard but atleast you're not ignorant to the fact that food is most important
Agree with this completely.

Also, magnesium if you're not supplementing it already. Make sure your salt intake matches your water intake.

The jaw pumps are because your body isn't recovering/recovered between training sessions. Your body is exhausted. If your electrolyte and caloric intake are sufficient, it could be sleep related. It could also be that you are just training too hard and need to dial it back a bit.

Stopstalking2

Stopstalking2

Awards
Taurine for sure, any chance you are using creatine as well ? Creatine makes me cramp up like crazy specially on cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Taurine for sure, any chance you are using creatine as well ? Creatine makes me cramp up like crazy specially on cycle.
Creatine will reduce your cramping if your hydrated, creatine itself dosent cause muscle cramps but it can help fix muscle cramps.

So if your finding yourself cramping on creatine it's most like that your not hydrated

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Try Supplementing 400mg magnesium alongside that potassium and add salt to your meals.

Taurine, creatine, bcaas and glutamine can all help with cramps too.

I get bad cramps/spasms in my biceps and triceps wHen I do high reps. Sometimes there so bad that my muscl will contract so hard I can't release it for a few seconds. It SUCKS! LOL