Could your MultiVitamins be Killing You?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, I am considering your points here, and while I've taken around 5 grams for quite a while, I am going to cut back to 2-3 grams. I used to take 2-3 grams years ago before I stopped taking anything, and it was fine. I always used to tell people - 2-3 grams every day and then 5-6 grams at the first sign of a cold. I think this may be a more balanced approach and I'm going to take your advice...

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Coop do you know what the upper limit is of P5P? I wanna start inhibit p but am obsessed with the B6 lol. I was using IGF 2 before. Good supp just not specifically geared toward prolactin control. Definitely has a blood sugar lowering effect and made me very horny. Will inhibit p have a similar effect?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Multi-Vitamins, you trying to kill me? Well **** you!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I had that in the post initially but removed it because that study was done in normal volunteers. Selenium is one of the micronutrients that has increased demand in trained populations so that study wouldn't really cross-over. Good looking though!
That's fair, but a lot of lurkers/ people who use MV don't really lift :p

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
People take Pro-hormones and many others inject themselves with underground steroids, GH, and take UG tabs.

I think most people are as worried about their multivitamins killing them as much as they are worried about random cats in streets attacking them.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People take Pro-hormones and many others inject themselves with underground steroids, GH, and take UG tabs.

I think most people are as worried about their multivitamins killing them as much as they are worried about random cats in streets attacking them.
Except there are constant media stories about this, so I don't blame people for wondering.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop do you know what the upper limit is of P5P? I wanna start inhibit p but am obsessed with the B6 lol. I was using IGF 2 before. Good supp just not specifically geared toward prolactin control. Definitely has a blood sugar lowering effect and made me very horny. Will inhibit p have a similar effect?
Inhibit-P probably isn't going to do a ton for libido. The main agent for libido in IGF-2 is mucuna pruriens, but Inhibit-P is more geared towards prolactin control at the dose they use. Going higher is usually where libido surfaces noticeably

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

But that's like 0.01% of the population. Whereas probably close to the entire US population has used a multi

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive never noticed much in terms of a multi vitamin but when I take greens/reds powders I notice a big difference. It could be because I rarely eat greens tho etc

murk01

murk01

Awards
All supps carry some type of risk. Remember a year back some co's vit C bill were mixed with superdrol.
Or muscle techs whey protie having high amounts of heavy metals.
Also the absorbtion rate of vits is ****.

Will I stop taking vits , nope. But .. food and eating habits is the key to health

murk01

murk01

Awards
I ran to the vit shop after work to see if I can get that vit B cycle

tristen22001

Awards
Sorry for the off topic question since this thread is about multivitamin dangers but I didn't want to start a new thread with this question. Plus there seems to be many knowledgable people in this thread. What if a multi is taken without food? Are some of the vitamins not absorbed (like a, d, etc)? Currently mixing focus xt with anavite powder.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Sorry for the off topic question since this thread is about multivitamin dangers but I didn't want to start a new thread with this question. Plus there seems to be many knowledgable people in this thread. What if a multi is taken without food? Are some of the vitamins not absorbed (like a, d, etc)? Currently mixing focus xt with anavite powder.
Yeh. Need food to help absorb.
herbals usually dont

Touey

Touey

Awards
That is a low dosage too, to have such an effect.

I wish they had specified the time of supplementation compared to exercise.

If I recall it should be a non-issue if well separated?
3 or so hrs in the system but many sups out there have it and less than 1000 may not be optimal for one either

F0urH0rsemen

Awards
So, I am considering your points here, and while I've taken around 5 grams for quite a while, I am going to cut back to 2-3 grams. I used to take 2-3 grams years ago before I stopped taking anything, and it was fine. I always used to tell people - 2-3 grams every day and then 5-6 grams at the first sign of a cold. I think this may be a more balanced approach and I'm going to take your advice...
This definitely is a more balanced approach. It is still on the high side of the spectrum and will not necessarily prevent any ill effects. Increasing Vitamin C intake when you feel a cold setting in is fine as it will only be acutely increased; again though the dose needed varies per individual and is not agreed upon in the medical community.

jp.physoc.org/content/early/2014/01/31/jphysiol.2013.267419.abstract
This is a great article, thank you for posting it. A large point of focus on the underlying cause is based on Vitamin C's effects on oxidative stressors. Vitamin C does act as a antioxidant that aids in free radical control. Most individuals though do not realize that free radicals are not always a bad thing, quite often they are a great thing and necessary. Free radicals are necessary to elicit specific hormonal and cellular responses for rebuilding and strengthening. With over inhibition of these free radicals, endurance and strength condition can be down-regulated; as is evident in this peer reviewed journal article.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Inhibit-P probably isn't going to do a ton for libido. The main agent for libido in IGF-2 is mucuna pruriens, but Inhibit-P is more geared towards prolactin control at the dose they use. Going higher is usually where libido surfaces noticeably
Ok I'll start with one cap and work my way up to two

Thatguy0101

Awards
Steroids in B vitamins lol. Wonder what would be found in other supplements on sale now if they were tested. Not many companies you can trust. Reminds me of the time it was rumoured IBE's Epistane had an actual steroid in their stuff. Tren or something.

Ive never noticed much in terms of a multi vitamin but when I take greens/reds powders I notice a big difference. It could be because I rarely eat greens tho etc
I notice a benefit with that too. Only time a supplement has done anything that I can feel helping.

Thatguy0101

Awards
This definitely is a more balanced approach. It is still on the high side of the spectrum and will not necessarily prevent any ill effects. Increasing Vitamin C intake when you feel a cold setting in is fine as it will only be acutely increased; again though the dose needed varies per individual and is not agreed upon in the medical community.

This is a great article, thank you for posting it. A large point of focus on the underlying cause is based on Vitamin C's effects on oxidative stressors. Vitamin C does act as a antioxidant that aids in free radical control. Most individuals though do not realize that free radicals are not always a bad thing, quite often they are a great thing and necessary. Free radicals are necessary to elicit specific hormonal and cellular responses for rebuilding and strengthening. With over inhibition of these free radicals, endurance and strength condition can be down-regulated; as is evident in this peer reviewed journal article.
That article was an eye opener for sure. I'm seriously gonna just throw out all my vitamins. Rarely do I find articles that show real benefits. Only in people who have an illness not the average healthy person.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I honestly can't believe this is even a concern to people here. Everything kills you! Lol.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You basically have two types of vitamins; the synthetic/isolated vitamins, and the broad-spectrum vitamers extracted from plants. Most research on synthetic/isolated vitamins show no benefit, or increased risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and reduced life-expectancy. (e.g., beta-carotene and alpha-tocopherol) You find the complete opposite from plant-based or plant-extracted vitamins. The key difference here is diversity. For example, most vitamin supplements contain only alpha-tocopherol, which makes it synthetic/isolated. On the other hand, plant-extracted vitamin E supplements include at least 8 different vitamin E vitamers. (tocopherols + tocotrienols)

This danger is applicable to everyone, because more than 99% of vitamin supplements on the market are based off of synthetic or isolated vitamins. Even the so called “natural” vitamins are stripped of vitamers, and are essentially the same as synthetic. Many of the “whole-food” based vitamins are basically synthetic vitamins with added vegetable powder. If you see the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae (S. cerevisiae) or the bacteria Lactobacillus bulgaricus (L. Bulgaricus) on the Supplement Facts panel for a particular vitamin, this means that synthetic vitamins were incubated with these microbes in a fermentation process. After the microbes are given a few days to absorb the vitamins, the material is dried, and pressed into tablets. Although these “cultured” vitamins may be more bioavailable than purely synthetic vitamins, they do not contain the same broad spectrum of vitamers found in plant-based vitamins. There are very few brands of vitamins extracted from actual plants.

I just published a comprehensive article on this topic: https://blog.botanicalcraft.com/vitamins-synthetic-vs-natural-vs-plant-based/