Cortisol ACTH STIM test results. How long have I had Addisons disease?

ratdog

Awards
The nurse said before my 8AM injection my cortisol level was 8.5, then one hour after injection the cortisol level was 12.7 The office is very busy and she said we would talk more my next appointment, in 3 months! Her diag. was Primary Adrenal Insufficiency, or Addison's disease. Considering I have been diag. with Hasimoto's hypothyroid and primary hypogonadism, would that not be considered Polyglandular Disorder or Schmidts? Anyway, I start on a low dose of Prednisone tomorrow, 5mg. From what I have been reading, it sounds like I need to find an endo that knows more about the adrenal system and will see me more often. No wonder I always feel tired.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The nurse said before my 8AM injection my cortisol level was 8.5, then one hour after injection the cortisol level was 12.7 The office is very busy and she said we would talk more my next appointment, in 3 months! Her diag. was Primary Adrenal Insufficiency, or Addison's disease. Considering I have been diag. with Hasimoto's hypothyroid and primary hypogonadism, would that not be considered Polyglandular Disorder or Schmidts? Anyway, I start on a low dose of Prednisone tomorrow, 5mg. From what I have been reading, it sounds like I need to find an endo that knows more about the adrenal system and will see me more often. No wonder I always feel tired.
Probably need 30-40 mgs of hc a day to function properly. Probably.hashimoto over time May have worn the adrenal out. I would.look.for hypopituitary. Again proper medical and personal.information is needed in each case