CONTROLLED LABS GOLDEN GAINS REVIEW!!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ok so thanks to RR and CL for hooking me up with a tub of Golden Gains - apple pie flavor and heres my initial thoughts...

opened up the tub, smelt like some chemically apple flavor / almost cinammony and its a golden yellowish powder.

so had it today and must say its quite tasty! it has a tart apple taste, almost reminds me of the CL green mag apple flavor. its pretty tart but than its also really sweet like someone dumped some sugar / splenda in there. I mixed it with ~10oz of water or so in a shaker cup and it mixed up really fast / smooth.

seemed to be a thicker type shake but i liked it. was a little overwhelming w the flavor being really tart and sugary. overhwelming as in unique, its not bad by any means its rather tasty.

im not lifting tomorrow but next time I do ill add some icecubs n make a smoothie thing outta it and than maybe add milk?

Ill update this review with new ideas n such until the jug is gone, if anyone has questions or suggestions just lemme know ;)

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Bump bro,I been looking at this product ,I will follow your review!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!

No wonder the taste was strong, you only used 10oz of water!!! I would use at least 16oz, that's a water bottle anyway which isn't alot. If you use more water, you'll find the taste is much more pleasant. :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Bump bro,I been looking at this product ,I will follow your review!!
:) ill keep updating it as i use my tub
Subscribed!

No wonder the taste was strong, you only used 10oz of water!!! I would use at least 16oz, that's a water bottle anyway which isn't alot. If you use more water, you'll find the taste is much more pleasant. :)
oh, suppose it helps to read the directions besides how many scoops lol :lol:

it was good but just strong, tomrrow i lift again / will use and ill use more water n report in!

naturalgainer

naturalgainer

Awards
  • Established
Nice I will be checking out this review to! I have always wanted to try this product because the apple pie flavor sounds great! Also the nutrition profile is great as well! just have not gotten around to it haha

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Nice I will be checking out this review to! I have always wanted to try this product because the apple pie flavor sounds great! Also the nutrition profile is great as well! just have not gotten around to it haha
For sure...
* Low sugar
* Healthy fats
* Whole oats carb source
* Fruits & veggies complex
* different kinds of protein

+ a whole lot more!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ok ive used this 2 more times...

did the 16oz of water or whatever it was a lot of water.

tasted much more normal, not intense was a little "gritty" feeling tho but got mixed instantly?

for fun i did 5oz of water + 1 scoop chocoalte whey... jesus christ lol! very very strong and "chalky" feeling to it.

but just mix it w lot / moderate water and it tastes good! I think im gonna try it with milk next than icecubs like a smoothie.

um as far as the recovery on this product i cant comment to much, im eating like a horse and than some more so doms are pretty much non exsistant. I do look forward to drinking this tho, its tasty :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
k heres recent over view, havnet tried it with milk yet tho lol

w ice cubes grinded up like a smoothie it pretty good!! kinda reminds me of a apple flavored malt or ice cream thinger.

ive only gotten stomach discomfort once since ive used it and it wasnt bad at all. no gas / bloating / other issues that i can think of. pretty solid thus far

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
When I used it I added cinnamon and used milk, give that a try.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
GOLDEN GAINS=num num num num num