Contest prep with X Gels and Alphamax

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Where are you breaking our, your face? Do you have a face washing routine?
Chin mostly. I do have a face washing routine. My wife worked for LOreal so we have some products available.

The acne isn't great, but the PRs are awesome! I'll live with it.

Ordered the new Epi 2.0 since it was on sale. Plan on running that after my current stack.

If you guys dig compression gear and/or boardshorts for training check out
spnperformance.com They have quality products at a cheap price! I'm not a rep. I have bought their stuff many times and have never been disappointed. Coupon code "inwiththenew" will get you 50% off for a short time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but subbed. Curious as to how the two will mesh up and carryover to each other.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chin mostly. I do have a face washing routine. My wife worked for LOreal so we have some products available.

The acne isn't great, but the PRs are awesome! I'll live with it.

Ordered the new Epi 2.0 since it was on sale. Plan on running that after my current stack.

If you guys dig compression gear and/or boardshorts for training check out
spnperformance.com They have quality products at a cheap price! I'm not a rep. I have bought their stuff many times and have never been disappointed. Coupon code "inwiththenew" will get you 50% off for a short time.
Ever since I bought my first pair of compression shorts last year, I haven't looked backed. Also, don't know if there is a direct correlation, but a few times I have done HIIT cardio without them and I performed a lot better with them. Have you ever tried Nike or Under Armour? If so, which material do the shorts from there compare to? I hate the Nike shorts, but love UNder Armour

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
CrossFitters are gear whores. We buy anything and everything. Price doesn't always matter.

Spun came into existence shortly after Skins. Their technology mimics that of Skins but is waaay cheaper.

You'd be looking at a thicker, tighter, properly seamed garment. They're made to help aid in recovery. Their tights are great. They're a bitch to get on but they're great. I've slept I'm them to help increase blood flow in my legs after a crazy training session. Socks are great too but a bit spendy.

I can't compare them to other shorts since I've never owned Nike or UA. I can say that Spun's gear is a bit more "substantial" than others in terms of thickness and tight fit.

Using the code you get a pair of compression shorts for less than $20.

Head to www.spunperformance.com and read about it. They have the background for their products on their site.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CrossFitters are gear whores. We buy anything and everything. Price doesn't always matter.

Spun came into existence shortly after Skins. Their technology mimics that of Skins but is waaay cheaper.

You'd be looking at a thicker, tighter, properly seamed garment. They're made to help aid in recovery. Their tights are great. They're a bitch to get on but they're great. I've slept I'm them to help increase blood flow in my legs after a crazy training session. Socks are great too but a bit spendy.

I can't compare them to other shorts since I've never owned Nike or UA. I can say that Spun's gear is a bit more "substantial" than others in terms of thickness and tight fit.

Using the code you get a pair of compression shorts for less than $20.

Head to www.spunperformance.com and read about it. They have the background for their products on their site.
Thanks man. I'll check them out later today. I'll have to look at the material blend for UA and see if it matches those.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Scary night last night here in IL with the weather. cubsfan815 let us know you're still out there and how you're doing!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Last proper day before deload

Strict press 1, push press 1, push jerk 2
195 (10# strict press PR)

Floor press w/chain & pause
5x5 @ 195 +40 chain

Ring dips
3x12

Superset
3x12
Side lateral @ 25
Front raise @ 25
Bandy tri

Another day...another PR!!!

Side note- my libido is through the roof. My wife either needs to step it up or I'll have to take matters into my own "hand".

Looked at some bloodwork from November. My overall test was low. It was at 350. That's the lowest value in the normal range.

I've been sleeping better and in a better mood and making gains. This stack is kicking ass and I have 5 weeks yet before my comp.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whatever you do, don't go paying for services haha.

Just checked out the site, they are out of the compression shorts in the size I need, may order the pants though.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
First deload day

Haven't squat cleaned in forever since training for strongman. Decided to mess with it.

295x1 (10# PR)

The PRs keep coming. I'm loving this! Can't say enough good things about how this stack has helped me out during this program.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Yoke seemed like the thing to mess around with today. Tires too.

Yoke 50' in :10 or under
170,260,350,400,450,500,550 (contest weight)

Tire flip for 50'
750# (1:17)
550# :)27)

Contest weight is 500# for the tire. It'll be a 50' yoke followed by 50' tire flip. I should do pretty well on that event.

Headed to a buddy's house to christen his garage with a WOD. I'm sure it'll suck. The guy is a beast and loves nasty workouts.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Been a while since I posted. Hung out with a buddy and did a quick garage WOD before the Hawks played.

EOMOM for 20:00
Row 150
5 thrusters @ 135

The peaking portion of my contest prep program starts Saturday. 1 month away!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Start growing those playoff beards! Of course...no beard will ever be as glorious as the Kyle Orton neck beard.

One last WOD during deload week...

EMOM for 30:00
Rotate movements each minute
10 slam balls
10 KBS
5 HSPU

Nice easy WOD leading into Saturday

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No beard will ever be grown on my face. I have horrible facial hair genetics.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't grow a beard either.

Hawks, Bulls, Kris Bryant day today!

Great weekend

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is your vascularity?

I ask because I have been using ArA for 2 weeks now, Monday will be three. I have only been on AlphaMax for 5 days so I know the Arimistane hasn't fully kicked in yet, but damn, I am vascular as hell post workout and for the rest of the night!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
I weighed in at 220 on the dot this AM after a night of Doritos and beer. 220 is a good 5-7 down from when I started.

Vascularity. I'm more vascular post workout for sure. I'll never be described as slim. I'm more of a tank build. Lately, I've been getting comments on how I look leaner.

The program now looks more like CrossFit. It's on to the peaking phase.

Axle C&J
:60 x 3 sets

250 stone over 58"
:75 x 3 sets

Fine day. I still hate the axle. I finished all stone sets in 1:05.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Sunday WOD

Teams of 3
AMRAP in 20:00

15-12-9-6-3
Bench @ 225
Squat clean @ 165
DL @ 315

1 full round +48 rx

Fun WOD. Should've gone for 30:00.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subbed man

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
The newbie has to ask...what's "subbed" mean?

Apologizing in advance for the ignorance!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just means subscribed to thread. That way it hits notifications.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Almost through 1 bottle of Alphamax and 2 of X Gels. I'm not what you'd call your typical CrossFit kid. No 6 pack here. However, I'm leaning out. Hitting 220 won't be a problem.

What's most noticeable is the strength increase. It's been PRs every damn week!

Push press 3, jerk 2
80% max
235 was my push press max 9 weeks ago. I just hit it for a triple and 2 jerks easy for an 80% max on that complex! I didn't even split jerk. 2 power jerks.

Bench press
3x3@275
This is also great! I don't bench.

Superset
3x12
Side raise @ 25
Bandy tri

Superset
3x12
Front raise @ 25
Tri ext @ 50

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Xgels gave me some of the best natural strength gains that I have ever experienced. THose are some solid numbers brother

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Today I was a whiny, tired, complaining ass. Just didn't have it in me today. My workout suffered because of this.

Axle continental C&J
:60x3 sets @ 160

Not bad. Worked on my technique. Kinda sick of C&J.

Sub :08 yoke for 50' and 500 pound tire flip for 50' (medley style)
240/500 in 1:01
330/500 in 1:02
420/500 in 1:08

This really pissed me off. The tire is different than the tire I normally flip. It was slippery since it was cold outside. I was tired. Lots of excuses but no good reasons as to why it took this long. I can flip the 550 tire at the CF box 50' in :27. Just crap. Reality is I need to be ready for ALL types of tires. Thought this would be my event. Not so sure anymore. Gotta practice with the slick tire a bit more.

285 stone to 56"
:60x3 sets

Pretty excited about this one. I started 9 weeks ago loading a 285 pound stone to 48" once. Big progress.

Overall...not the worst night but not the best. I normally have two rest days before events but had to change my workout schedule around this week. It'll be better the next time around.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Schedule is a mess this week. Had a Daddy Daughter dance last night and a judo tourney today.

I found out that it doesn't matter how old girls are...you still get treated the same way. I bought her dress, corsage, dinner, and she left me right away for her friends. Sheesh.

Pretty crap week for me. I need to regroup. 3 weeks out.

Axle DL @ 360

My pick was low. It'll be 2"-5" higher come contest. First set I wasn't warm enough. My fault. Second set I had 15 reps between :35-:40. My neck locked up and head started to burn! Dropped me right quick. Felt it coming again set three.

Farmer hold @ 200/hand
1:01,1:01,:38
First two sets went well. My forearms/hands were done for set three.

Superset
3x12
Pull down @ 12
KB row @ 53

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Conditioning Sunday

A buddy brought over a few new tires. This one should be about 600 pounds he says. WRONG! This bad boy is filled with steel cord and HUGE. Team tire flips were put on the workout agenda after I tried to budge it.

20:00 AMRAP
Teams of 3
One person runs 200m while two work...
4 team tire flips
12 sledge strikes

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
How did your son do?
First tournament ever. Had some legit kids in his bracket. He went 0-2 but he's only been doing it 3 months.

Match 1 he put together a great combo, but just didn't finish. His opponent eventually pinned him.

Match 2 he ran at the kid. Not smart. It's judo. He got tossed.

Good experience for him...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully he sticks with it. If he does, he'll do a lot better next time. 3 months is nothing.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
PR Monday

I'm done with 2 bottles of X Gels and 1 of Alphamax. Everything is back on track for this week. I can feel it. A positive attitude was the first change.

Behind the neck split jerk
265x2

My previous best was 245x1. Holy crap. Have not done a split jerk in forever. Took video. I was a bit forward on a few, but my speed was great! Big PR!

Floor press with pause
245x3 with 40 chain

Great for me. I was doing sets of 5 at 195. Stoked about this as well.

Superset
3x12

Z press
Bandy tri

Superset
3x12

Reverse V out
One hand pull down

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Veins are popping more. Way more vascular than I used to be. Midsection is more lean.

This training micro cycle is taking its toll. Pretty exhausted at this point. Two weeks from Saturday is the big day. Gotta push on a bit more.

14" axle DL @ 400

Farmers hold @ 230/hand
1:01,:47,:34

Pull down
3x12 @ 120

Seated row
3x12 @ 120

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Veins are popping more. Way more vascular than I used to be. Midsection is more lean.

This training micro cycle is taking its toll. Pretty exhausted at this point. Two weeks from Saturday is the big day. Gotta push on a bit more.

14" axle DL @ 400

Farmers hold @ 230/hand
1:01,:47,:34

Pull down
3x12 @ 120

Seated row
3x12 @ 120

That's some good news bro!

me and a friend of mine been on alphamax for about 10 days and I don't know if it's in my mind but I belive alphamax is making me a little leaner even at work they told me I look leaner.could it be the Alphamax kicking in already?!because that's pretty fast !!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
I feel like it kicked in within 2 weeks. I was over a notch on the belt pretty fast. Keep at it!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Last big event day before the contest...

Axle C&J
200x7 in :60

It was a smooth 7. Feel pretty good about that number. I'll be shooting for 8-9 on contest day.

Stone to 54"

The 300# stone was not at the gym today. We loaded 285 to 54" for practice. I attempted the 340 stone. I lapped it. It was not coming out of my lap very far. Oh well. I'll be loading a 300 stone to 52" on contest day. Hoping to get 3 in :60.

Only a few more posts. Thanks for being along for the ride! Chances are I'll log my Epi 2.0 experience as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's some good news bro!

me and a friend of mine been on alphamax for about 10 days and I don't know if it's in my mind but I belive alphamax is making me a little leaner even at work they told me I look leaner.could it be the Alphamax kicking in already?!because that's pretty fast !!
It is possible! Arimistane usually takes 14-21 days to fully kick in, but if you're already on the leaner side, perhaps it helped you out a little sooner.

Axle C&J

It was a smooth 7. Feel pretty good about that number. I'll be shooting for 8-9 on contest day.

Stone to 54"

The 300# stone was not at the gym today. We loaded 285 to 54" for practice. I attempted the 340 stone. I lapped it. It was not coming out of my lap very far. Oh well. I'll be loading a 300 stone to 52" on contest day. Hoping to get 3 in :60.

Only a few more posts. Thanks for being along for the ride! Chances are I'll log my Epi 2.0 experience as well.
Good Luck!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Conditioning!

Run 200
4 PU
4 KBS & 53#
Run 200
8 PU
8 KBS
Run 200
12 PU
12 KBS
Run 200
16 PU
16 KBS
Run 200
20 PU
20 KBS

16:00 rx

Changed shoes mid WOD. Low back was screaming.

This was breathy. Running is not my strong suit. That 200m became a chubby kid shuffle right quick.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Axle C&J

Stone to 54"

Good luck with the contest!!

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Another Monday, yet another PR thanks to training, good supps, and some needed encouragement along the way.

2 push press/1 power jerk
135,155,185,205,225,235,245 (PR)

I'd never done 245x1. Buried it for 2. Very happy!

30:00 EMOM
Rotate lifts each minute
5 keg press
7 box jumps
Row 150m

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Last entry until contest day...

Decided to test a few things out tonight. I'm happy to be getting ready for a little rest.

Axle DL on tires
485x12 in :60

I'll get another 1-2 hopefully on contest day

Farmer hold
275/hand
:45 hold

I can do a bit better. That event just plain bites. Can't breathe. Hands feel like the skin is ripping off of them. Hard to breathe.

Stone to 54"
300x2

Just messed around with it a bit. Contest height is 52". Should be able to get 3 at 300.

It's been real. Thanks to all who followed or just peeked in! I truly appreciate it.

The strength gains have been AMAZING on this stack. Can't say enough about that. I have set PRs every week. Vascularity improved and I've received several compliments on how I look. I'm also over a notch on the belt. Weight is down 5-7 as well. Couldn't be more happy with the results.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Damn man thats impressive stuff right there! go getem in that meet

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good man that's awesome

I've been on my alphamax for about 16 days and I started taking xgels today!

alphamax has been good to me the only thing is that when I take it during the day it makes a little sleepy.what I did to solve this problem I take 100 mg caffeine pill and then I'm good to go!what I've noticed and like about alphamax is that I have been getting leaner and gaining strength :)

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Did a trial weight cut. Ok. Full disclosure. I did it so I could drink today. Gotta be honest with you guys.

Lost 4 pounds in 30:00. 20:00 light workout in plastics and a 10:00 Epsom salt bath. Boom!

I'll be ready to make weight Friday. Way better than dieting.

The compliments keep coming in! I'll be sad when the X Gels and Alpha Max runs out.

ehaas

ehaas

Awards
Last post, fellas!

I made weight easily on Friday night. Then, I smashed a ribeye and baked tater. Washed that down with a little beer and bourbon. Caught Mad Max as well.

Competition day went well. I was competing against a multiple time national competitor. Pushed him all day. Even won an event. Not bad for me first open comp.

Axle C&J @ 205 for :60
-8 reps
Axle DL @ 500 for :60
-13 reps
Farmer hold @ 275/hand
-1:01
550 yoke 50' followed by 500 tire 50'
-:38
305 stone over 48" for :60
-3 reps

Great time. Followed up the day with a double cheeseburger and beers. I performed way better than in training and was 1 rep and 1 second away from tying for 1st.

Thanks to everyone for following. Thanks to SNS and Performax for two great products.