Contest! FORERUNNER LABS - 5-Alpha Test!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitamin B12 benefits...

General info on B12 is that it increases core body temperature in the later hours of the day, which makes people more alert and energetic. In a later study it subsequently improved sleep quality, concentration, and "feeling refreshed". Here's the references:

Neurosci Lett. 1995 Jun 2;192(1):1-4.
Effects of vitamin B12 on human circadian body temperature rhythm.

Uchiyama M, Mayer G, Okawa M, Meier-Ewert K.
Source

Department of Psychophysiology, National Institute of Mental Health, Ichikawa, Japan.

Abstract

To clarify the effect of vitamin B12 on the human circadian clock, five healthy male adults participated in two constant routine procedures, 2 or 3 weeks apart. In one, subjects received intravenous saline injections (placebo trial) and in the other, intravenous injections of methylcobalamin (MB12) (drug trial). Intravenous administration of MB12 increased rectal temperature in the later hours of the daytime during the constant routine. The activity did not change between treatments in any period during the constant routine. During the later hours of the constant routine, alertness assessed with visual analog scale was higher in the drug trial than in the placebo trial. The period in which drug treatment produced greater alertness almost coincided with that in which MB12 elevated rectal temperature. These results may provide evidence of an effect of vitamin B12 on the circadian clock.

PMID: 7675298 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Neuropsychopharmacology. 1996 Nov;15(5):456-64.
Effects of vitamin B12 on performance and circadian rhythm in normal subjects.

Mayer G, Kröger M, Meier-Ewert K.
Source

Sleep Disorder Unit, Hephata Klinik, Schwatmstadt-Treysa, Germany.

Abstract

This preliminary study investigates effects of methyl- and cyanocobalamin on circadian rhythms, well-being, alertness, and concentration in healthy subjects. Six women (mean age 35 years) and 14 men (mean age 37 years) were randomly assigned to treatment for 14 days with 3 mg cyano-(CB12) or methylcobalamin (MB12) after 9 days of pre-treatment observation. Levels in the CB12 group increased rapidly in the first, then slowly in the second treatment week, whereas increase in the MB12 group was linear. Urinary aMT6s excretion was reduced by both forms of vitamin B12 over 24 hours with a significant decrease between 0700-1100 hours, whereas urinary excretion of potassium was significantly increased between 0700-1100 hours. Activity from 2300-0700 hours increased significantly under both forms of vitamin B12. Sleep time was significantly reduced under MB12 intake. In this group the change in the visual analogue scales items "sleep quality," "concentration," and "feeling refreshed" between pretreatment and the first week of treatment showed significant correlations with vitamin B12 plasma levels. Cortisol excretion and temperature were not affected by either medication. We conclude that vitamin B12 exerts a direct influence on melatonin. Only MB12 has a positive psychotropic alerting effect with a distribution of the sleep-wake cycle toward sleep reduction.

PMID: 8914118 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free full text

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Keeps the energy longer lasting too

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So is this hard on the liver?. Hard shutdown? Need a strong PCT?
It's mild on the liver. Shutdown in my opinion (I've had arguments on this issue) can be somewhat strong depending on how long you run it. DHT administration is very suppressive, and this is simply a two step prohormone to DHT. Having said that, I think any time you use a prohormone you should do some sort of PCT. Unless your on HRT or something.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Well I ran it 4 weeks and I think there was SOME suppresion but not very much at 4 weeks. I ran an OTC PCT and am confident I am back to full steam ahead. Fadogia, Free Test, DAA. Again its speculation but I know myself pretty well.

sprintstar01

Awards
Well I only have a couple doses of my epi left, so just go ahead and ship me a bottle:147:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's mild on the liver. Shutdown in my opinion (I've had arguments on this issue) can be somewhat strong depending on how long you run it. DHT administration is very suppressive, and this is simply a two step prohormone to DHT. Having said that, I think any time you use a prohormone you should do some sort of PCT. Unless your on HRT or something.

I rarely use these types of products anymore. If I do I choose something mild that would only require an OTC pct. Otherwise I stick with natural products.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
So this is like a 2-step Stano?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Correct...This is a two-step prohormone that starts by converting from its initial form to 3α-Androstanediol or 5α-Androstanedione, and then to DHT.
Seems amazing for cuts, taking Ursol-XT and using UR-spray, some good old EC and Alpha-Test...DAMN! hahaha Shredded much?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Seems amazing for cuts, taking Ursol-XT and using UR-spray, some good old EC and Alpha-Test...DAMN! hahaha Shredded much?
While I only used it 4 weeks.... it would be a GREAT compound to cut up on. I was eating at maintenance on lifting days and deficit on off days and I drop some bf for sure. (no homo) - my buddies at poker all commented on how my arms were getting more defined.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
While I only used it 4 weeks.... it would be a GREAT compound to cut up on. I was eating at maintenance on lifting days and deficit on off days and I drop some bf for sure. (no homo) - my buddies at poker all commented on how my arms were getting more defined.
That is nice. The only thing to be concerned about with DHT might be dry joints and suppression (really suppressive stuff haha) but fish oils , cissus and good ol'clomid on hand are all you need! Sounds like a really good product!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was using prototypes as a pre workout only (just 1 dose) and I had noticeable increased in aggression at the gym. Like that psycho rage that you sometimes need to get a barbell off the floor.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was using prototypes as a pre workout only (just 1 dose) and I had noticeable increased in aggression at the gym. Like that psycho rage that you sometimes need to get a barbell off the floor.
That rage was what got me Power Cleaning haha, such a fan of the "I WANNA THROW SOME WEIGHTS AROUND!"-Rage haha.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You've just made me even more excited about trying this :D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without a doubt, this stuff had me aggro as hell with the weights.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got mine. Thank you royd sir :D

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards