college diet critique

at1010

Awards
  • Established
I am 5'10 and i weigh about 202. I am strong and i just am trying to have a solid diet to cut down some stomach fat. I will also be increasing the cardio. Here is my diet.

Wakeup: protein shake
Lunch: two hours later 2 chicken breast, big salad, fruit
2 hours later: can of tuna and naked protein drink. Or turkey sandwich on wheat.
gym
After gym protein shake
Dinner: similar to lunch
Later night: can of tuna, turkey sandwhich, or peanut butter on wheat.

This is my diet for almost every day mon-friday. I am in college so becasue of classes it gets changed around a bit. For the most part this is a solid base. All criticism is welcome THANKS

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
cut out the carbs at night, especially if you are trying to lean out.

It's really going to come down to overall calories. You haven't listed any portions of your foods, so you could be eating too much or way to little. Either way its not going to allow you to lose body fat.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
would you suggest adding the carbs pre workout? and i dont know what size portions you want i get my food at a dinning hall so i cant exactly measure the oz of chicken and such. The tuna is just out of a can, and i put hot sauce on it.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
You gotta at least know somewhat your portions, figure out a way to measure them.

The problem is, if you don't know your caloric range, when you plateau you will have no wiggle room to manipulate your diet.

You gotta realize that people go on "cuts" and just slash their calories way too low, then they stall. When in reality one should make small changes to the diet, and monitor how the body responds. Taking out 100 calories a week is a good way to go to keep the body from plateauing.

pansori

Awards
You gotta at least know somewhat your portions, figure out a way to measure them.

The problem is, if you don't know your caloric range, when you plateau you will have no wiggle room to manipulate your diet.

You gotta realize that people go on "cuts" and just slash their calories way too low, then they stall. When in reality one should make small changes to the diet, and monitor how the body responds. Taking out 100 calories a week is a good way to go to keep the body from plateauing.
SOLID advice!