Coleus Forskohlii

keyser

Awards
Patrick,

What's your opinion and experience with coleus forskohlii? Is the research behind it any good(is the testosterone boosting study funded by the forskolin patent holder=biased?)?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i am not sure i trust the testosterone boosting data. the stuff may have some diet applications.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't forslean, the standardized extract well known for raising cAMP? Also, doesn't it help with mitigating blood glucose levels as well or is that a result of the cAMP being upregulated? I know I read this before I just don't know for sure so I figured you may chime in. It is so commonly included in test boosters and some diet type pills but I wonder how effective it really is and what MOA is relevant to say helping with fat metabolism?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Isn't forslean, the standardized extract well known for raising cAMP? Also, doesn't it help with mitigating blood glucose levels as well or is that a result of the cAMP being upregulated? I know I read this before I just don't know for sure so I figured you may chime in. It is so commonly included in test boosters and some diet type pills but I wonder how effective it really is and what MOA is relevant to say helping with fat metabolism?
yeah its used in research to raise cAMP. I suppose that is where its MOA in fat burning is supposed to lie

you are privy to the same human studies done on the stuff that i am. i am sure you have read them and if you have not you can find them and read them. some appear favorable but nothing monumental. if you want a definintive yes or no on the stuff i am afraid you arent going to find that. i know uncertainty makes life difficult and not knowing if forskolin is worth taking can be a very distracting thing in our lives. its right up there on choosing whether to run a yellow light and which flavor of mochachino to order

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're hilarious but I get your point through the sarcasm. It's not the end of the world for no definitive answer just wondered if you knew something that I didn't. What is most funny is the amazing write ups for supplements claiming it is the best thing ever when in reality most of what is stated is hard to definitively back up. Anyways that is all I need, thanks.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you or anybody else in this thread by any chanse know why they have mixed curcumin and colleus
Its probably something simple as weight loss, but i wanna know what shared mollecular pathways they can boost together,
is there a knowns synergy? in clinical tests?

(edit) After writing this post, i recall that Curcumin have studies in mice where it raises cAMP aswell, right?

I guess i can create this synergy myself by dropping liquid colleus onto standardised curcumin powder in a drink also just as well,
and i guess it means that these 2 dont compete with eachother when it comes to uptake and i dont have to fear side-effects therefore?
This thread is from 2011… and PA hasn’t been active since 2014. Lmao good job