Coke Zero during Cutting?

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
Would Coke 'Zero' with 0 sodium, 0 calories and 0 sugar offset your insulin, GH, glucagon, leptin, or cortisol levels to any significant degree?

It contains sucralose, which is 600 x more sweet than sugar but similar to stevia and splenda in structure which is does not metabolize but simply passes through your digestive system making it calorically free, and acesulfame-potassium. Thoughts?

Seems to good to be true to me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would Coke 'Zero' with 0 sodium, 0 calories and 0 sugar offset your insulin, GH, glucagon, leptin, or cortisol levels to any significant degree?
No

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
No

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II*using Tapatalk 2
In other words, chug away? :D

I think I'm gonna tear up a bit, what with just having weighed up my meals for the next 3 low carb days..what a relief.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Your perfectly fine, i even drink it pretty close up until a show. Wont hurt your results.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

It contains sucralose, which is 600 x more sweet than sugar but similar to stevia and splenda in structure which is does not metabolize but simply passes through your digestive system making it calorically free, and acesulfame-potassium. Thoughts?

Seems to good to be true to me.
Theres a few threads on sweetners (i think one was called Companies leave out the !!!! )Which has good info

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Just drink water instead. Are you just drinking a can or like a few bottles?

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
I go weeks where I drink a 2 liter Pepsi Max a day and then sometimes I wont drink it at all. No difference at all.

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
Your perfectly fine, i even drink it pretty close up until a show. Wont hurt your results.
Okay thanks. I find it ruins my appetite for water, as it so sugarly tasting that you can't drink it nearly as fast as water, nor do I want to.

Afterwards I notice that I've been sipping it, mostly to wet my mouth here and there, instead of gulping down water like I usually try to do to get my 2 gallons minimum a day.

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
Just drink water instead. Are you just drinking a can or like a few bottles?
Just a few cans @ first, I've noticed I've amped it to like 1-2 a day but I think I'm gonna cut back a fair bit, I don't like how sugarly it is. Maybe only on weekends when I'm studying for my college CSEP.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
I have 1-2 diet sodas a day. During prep more. At teh end of prep I drink up to 4. It makes me feel full and it tastes awesome and sometimes it just helps put me a good mood. I enjoy the hell out of it. I've even drank it up to the day of the show with no problems.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
I keep diet soda in my prep (just for sanity) up until a week before show or photo shoot and suffer zero detrimental effects in terms of fat loss results.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
If not mistaken it will have effects if you are running a leangains or IF diet while on the fasted stage.

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
If not mistaken it will have effects if you are running a leangains or IF diet while on the fasted stage.
Do you have any biological interaction evidence to support this claim?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
have your coke zero op. dont worry about little things that wont make a difference

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
no it dosent

NeighbourMike

NeighbourMike

Awards
rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Good info here. I've been avoiding Soda's like the plague cause I thought the carbonation had some effects on muscles...