Clomid while on TrT

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was wondering if there's any benefit to taking clomid or enclo while on 200mg test per week from trt. If trt causes shutdown would helping to keep your test production up sort of double dip? But I've heard if you are so far shut down no amount of clomid will help. So I was wondering everyones thoughts?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't see how it would help. If you are so far shut down, it's possible that clomid could help reset your natural production, however if you're running test then you are not just shut down but continually keeping yourself shut down. And if you're on test, what would even be the point of even running a SERM? I don't understand what the benefit would be? If it's just to keep the testes working, then I would think hcg would be the best option.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I'm right (which I might not be) restarting production while also on test just means you are getting that much more. When I first started trt I felt amazing for the first few months. Then it sorta levels off which I assume is because now your natural levels are getting suppressed. So the assumption is stimulating the gland would give a little extra test in addition to what you are already injecting. I could be wrong on all of that so feel free to correct me. I've also read that often times a person is so suppressed that no amount of clomid/enclo is going to make a dent

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you can't really restart production while your feeding test weekly. that is not how any of this works.

In the simplest of terms, your endocrine system senses there is plenty of test available, therefor there is no need to produce more.

If you stop providing test the body will sense a raise in estrogen and try to even it out by making more test.

obviously that's the layman's version but u can get the idea.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you can't really restart production while your feeding test weekly. that is not how any of this works.

In the simplest of terms, your endocrine system senses there is plenty of test available, therefor there is no need to produce more.

If you stop providing test the body will sense a raise in estrogen and try to even it out by making more test.

obviously that's the layman's version but u can get the idea.
Thank you that answered my question. I'll look at other things to try instead.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I'm right (which I might not be) restarting production while also on test just means you are getting that much more. When I first started trt I felt amazing for the first few months. Then it sorta levels off which I assume is because now your natural levels are getting suppressed. So the assumption is stimulating the gland would give a little extra test in addition to what you are already injecting. I could be wrong on all of that so feel free to correct me. I've also read that often times a person is so suppressed that no amount of clomid/enclo is going to make a dent
1: If you are looking to recapture that "feeling" regular clomid is unlikely to achieve it, most people DO NOT like the way they feel on clomid.
2. Its highly unlikely that the little extra test it MAY produce would move the needle feeling wise anyways.
3. If insistent on trying this get your labs, start clomid, get another set 60 days later. Make sure your shots are the EXACT same amount of time prior to pulling both sets of labs. ex. If you take your shot 3 days prior to lab set one you need to make sure its the same time prior to set of labs #2.
4. Your at that time period where being on TRT MAY HAVE lowered your DHEA/Pregnenolone production. Both of these are easy to supplement OR you could add a little HCG 3 times a week.

At the end of the day being on TRUE TRT, ie within normal ranges, is not going to make you feel amazing, it's going to make you feel normal. If you want to feel "enhanced" you have to be actually enhanced.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1: If you are looking to recapture that "feeling" regular clomid is unlikely to achieve it, most people DO NOT like the way they feel on clomid.
2. Its highly unlikely that the little extra test it MAY produce would move the needle feeling wise anyways.
3. If insistent on trying this get your labs, start clomid, get another set 60 days later. Make sure your shots are the EXACT same amount of time prior to pulling both sets of labs. ex. If you take your shot 3 days prior to lab set one you need to make sure its the same time prior to set of labs #2.
4. Your at that time period where being on TRT MAY HAVE lowered your DHEA/Pregnenolone production. Both of these are easy to supplement OR you could add a little HCG 3 times a week.

At the end of the day being on TRUE TRT, ie within normal ranges, is not going to make you feel amazing, it's going to make you feel normal. If you want to feel "enhanced" you have to be actually enhanced.
Good advice thank you. I'll check out hcg etc

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Only time I've heard of clomid while on trt is for fertility.. enclomiphene is usually preferred

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for fertility?
Test drives down sperm count and clomid allegedly helps bolster that. Thats the only results I've found for why to use clomid with trt up until I made this thread. I'm not concerned with that. I have no interest in children.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Test drives down sperm count and clomid allegedly helps bolster that. Thats the only results I've found for why to use clomid with trt up until I made this thread. I'm not concerned with that. I have no interest in children.
I was asking about the enclo statement above. not about the fertility thing itself. if he thought people perfer it for fertility or as SERM in relation to estrogen management

I have noticed there are some guys coming here asking about their estrogen being all feked up after using enclo, so I am curious if guys are really seeing added benefits over regular clomid in terms of use as a post cycle SERM.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for fertility?
I'm doubtful as well here. I think people read "Fertility drug" and think this is the case. As far as I know HMG/HCG are ones best bet IF fertility is to be regained or maintained in the presence of exogenous testosterone.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm doubtful as well here. I think people read "Fertility drug" and think this is the case. As far as I know HMG/HCG are ones best bet IF fertility is to be regained or maintained in the presence of exogenous testosterone.
now if we were championing load size, I may argue (y)

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
for fertility?
I'm just saying in comparison to clomid, Enclomiphene is usually better handled... if its real.

I've talked to why chase iron incorporated it into his regime in the start, he no longer is, and it was due to fertility. I don't care about fertility so I haven't delved into it but others are taking it for the possibility