clomid challenge results - what's good?

dryerase

Awards
hey guys,

so i just finished a 7 day clomid test @25mg/day and got about a 30% jump in TT. still have my appt. coming up but trying to decipher if this is a good sign of secondary. i have seen people upwards of 50% but this was at 50mg-plus and 3-4 weeks of treatment. what do you guys think?

thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
hey guys,

so i just finished a 7 day clomid test @25mg/day and got about a 30% jump in TT. still have my appt. coming up but trying to decipher if this is a good sign of secondary. i have seen people upwards of 50% but this was at 50mg-plus and 3-4 weeks of treatment. what do you guys think?

thanks!
Dr needs to be reschooled on proper clomid challenge. 50 mgs would give a better indication, but a 30% jump was suitable.

JamieVegas

Awards
I had a 220% jump at 25mg. That's pretty good, right?

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
how many days did it take for you to get to 220%

wasp9166

Awards
clomid fin ruined me mentally even at 25mg, not for everyone

JamieVegas

Awards
I took it for 7 days. I went from about 200 to 750 ng/dl.

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
wow. then why isn't clomid being used as HRT instead of test?

JamieVegas

Awards
wow. then why isn't clomid being used as HRT instead of test?
It is. My doctor actually prefers it because it preserves the pulsatile nature of LH release whereas gels and injections hammer your androgen receptors non-stop throughout the day.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It is. My doctor actually prefers it because it preserves the pulsatile nature of LH release whereas gels and injections hammer your androgen receptors non-stop throughout the day.
long term adminstration is not advisable due to potential side effects

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
id be worried about its heptoxicity if it was used long term a la trt, vs test....and like the above poster said, clomid makes us feel like women, test makes you feel like....well...a fkn man