Clearing androgen receptors for shortened "Time Off"

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Came across this video the other day of this guy stating there is an alternative to taking time off. Comes off as complete bro science. Thoughts?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90lYat6T-WU[/video]

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro you new to interwebz?

Need cliffs and a 3 word summation of this alternative.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
He says staking benadryl for 2 days is a way to "reset" your receptors after a cycle so you're ready to go lol

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don’t ever never to reset your receptors.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that also implying that receptor sensitivity is the only reason why you need adequate time off cycle? That if you could keep your receptors sensitized you’d never need to cycle off? I can see a myriad of potential health issues arising with that philosophy, even if the receptor theory panned out.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
He says staking benadryl for 2 days is a way to "reset" your receptors after a cycle so you're ready to go lol
Damn, the body is an amazing thing. It knows when to just to keep on gaining.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No need to “clear androgen receptors” and the point of taking time off is to let your body return to normal, in regards to health and hormonal balance.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
So is the all the receptor talk bs just a myth? (Haven't researched into it) but to reiterate what the other said, your time off is for more important things, not just the potential "clearing" of your receptors

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So is the all the receptor talk bs just a myth? (Haven't researched into it) but to reiterate what the other said, your time off is for more important things, not just the potential "clearing" of your receptors
For the sake of this conversation, I’d argue that the importance of it in relation to cycling on and off is irrelevant, such a minor factor that the answer isn’t really all that important in anything other than theory.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
For the sake of this conversation, I’d argue that the importance of it in relation to cycling on and off is irrelevant, such a minor factor that the answer isn’t really all that important in anything other than theory.
I agree about it being a minor and irrelevant factor in time off(recovery). My question is that can you really "clean" your receptors and do they actually get burnt out? Not that it really matters it's just more out of curiosity after I saw the thread

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree about it being a minor and irrelevant factor in time off(recovery). My question is that can you really "clean" your receptors and do they actually get burnt out? Not that it really matters it's just more out of curiosity after I saw the thread
My last post was my fancy way of getting out of answering that question right now lol.

The following isn’t so much sensitivity per se, but, from a study on LCLT and resistance exercise, “Over the recovery period, LCLT reduced the amount of exercise-induced muscle tissue damage, which was assessed via magnetic resonance imaging scans of the thigh. LCLT supplementation significantly (p < 0.05) increased IGFBP-3 concentrations prior to and at 30, 120, and 180 minutes after acute exercise. No other direct effects of LCLT supplementation were observed on the absolute concentrations of the hormones examined, but with more undamaged tissue, a greater number of intact receptors would be available for hormonal interactions.”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12930169/

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Professional bodybuilders stay on all year long and are the biggest people around...

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Agreed that androgen binding receptivity is not the reason to come off of sarms and instead it is hormonal balance.... makes me wonder if this youtube guy ever even does a PCT procedure or just "blasts and cruises" sarms with the exception of taking benadryl for two days between cycles lol

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Professional bodybuilders stay on all year long and are the biggest people around...
Yes some do, but coming off will make time on far more effective since you'd have to up the dosage all the time to be able to grow at a faster rate. And they cruise on test not on tren.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id say it's a myth. The steroids will be very effective at low dosage coming off, crusing would make you have to up the dosage or switching gear all the time to get the same effectiveness during a shorter time. Problem is the bigger you get the less you'll gain on a cycle. Then of course you'll have the sides.

I believe that the only ideal thing to get more out of something is to come off or to lose muscles and weight which I quite pointless if you want to have it back.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, the body is an amazing thing. It knows when to just to keep on gaining.
Yeah, it’s called Tren, GH, Insulin, T4 & a caloric surplus.

The real solution to that is priming and there are things you can take and do to get the body to grow a bunch again. Only comes in spurts though.

A low calorie, low carb diet for several days/weeks would work as long as you were willing to swing in water and glycogen weight...

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No need to “clear androgen receptors” and the point of taking time off is to let your body return to normal, in regards to health and hormonal balance.
:thumbsup:

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should I take a stim break while I’m at it?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait. So you're saying that professionals who's only job is to lift and eat and use pharmaceuticals like AAS/GH/slin/peptides will stay bigger than most of us who don't do all that?

MIND = BLOWN

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read this entire thread and now have to take a break to rest my bull**** receptors.
At my age, I don't have a lot of resets.

:afro: