ckd and cardio ?

bigdognhb

Awards
So if im understanding everything Ive read most people only do maybe 1 day of cardio while doing ckd?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
It depends on your split and how long you go low carb for.

bigdognhb

Awards
But if I understand correctly. NO cardio on lifting days

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was doing cardio 5 days a week when I was doing it o_O

I think it's just up to you for the most part. During the first 2 weeks - a month then I wouldn't do too much while you're still transitioning, but after that your energy should be pretty good. Some people can't do HIIT or run for more than 30 mins because of endurance, but that's not everyone.

I also see some people don't add in cardio till they start to plateau, so it's really up to you.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was doing cardio 5 days a week when I was doing it o_O

I think it's just up to you for the most part. During the first 2 weeks - a month then I wouldn't do too much while you're still transitioning, but after that your energy should be pretty good. Some people can't do HIIT or run for more than 30 mins because of endurance, but that's not everyone.

I also see some people don't add in cardio till they start to plateau, so it's really up to you.
True. For me, the longer I was on it, the better my endurance was. It was an acclimation thing.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I think just about everyone I talked to that has been on this diet has seen some increase in their ability to perform cardio. It's probably due to a few factors, one being the weight loss without the ability to perform being lost. Second would be the body has a source of energy it can constantly tap into without having to shift over.