Citruline Malate vs GPLC

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went through my old stockpile of supplement powders and found a small tub of unopened CM. It is CM 2:1

How much of this stuff are you experienced guys taking preworkout? Going to use it in place of GPLC to see how I like it.

Any CM lovers around here?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went through my old stockpile of supplement powders and found a small tub of unopened CM. It is CM 2:1

How much of this stuff are you experienced guys taking preworkout? Going to use it in place of GPLC to see how I like it.

Any CM lovers around here?
I am... but we already had that discussion about 20 minutes ago! :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
8g if you can stomach it.
Damn that is high. I don't get much more of a benefit if I take over 5. I get great results at 3. I tend to hang around 3. Of the 2:1 stuff, I don't get as strong a result from the old 1:1 stuff.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From GPLC, it was more of a nice pump for me.CM;however,I felt it made its benefits in endurance.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From GPLC, it was more of a nice pump for me.CM;however,I felt it made its benefits in endurance.
Yeah, CM really helps my Vo2 max, my lungs feels like ballons while my breathing is noticeably slower. Albeit, during weight training it gives me a good pump, while giving me an extra boost in reps.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Screw it...i'm trying 8g

Unless I puke it all up of course
Back during my military era.. I would dose 5G of the old 1:1 stuff then go for my PT test. Made everything super easy, and always scored top.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
8g in one dose or 8g spilt ?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like the study wants 1 dose. Im am sure they used 1:1 otherwise 2:1 would have been stated...

Since might is 2:1 i may try 4 grams first

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
8g of the 2:1 stuff is what i used to do, ive been trying to save money lately tho so i cut back to 3g. its also real good at canceling out the bad flavor on bulk BCAA/EAA's so if u mix them they both taste better

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
you will still get benefit, but i feel like the pumps/endurance are crazy with 8g
i say start with 5g and judge from there

omg

omg

Awards
never try gplc but love citrulline m. i take 8 g pre wo and is better then all other form of arginine x pump and endurance

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CM works amazing for me; I need to pick up some on my next NP order to throw in my AS-GT pre-workout. 4-6 grams always gave me hellatious pumps more so than Arginine. Now that and some Anadraulic Pump would be flat out off the chain!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like 5-6g pre-workout, I was using the bulk nutraplanet CM. I tried 8 before, never really noticed a diff between 5 or 8.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
never try gplc but love citrulline m. i take 8 g pre wo and is better then all other form of arginine x pump and endurance
CM works amazing for me; I need to pick up some on my next NP order to throw in my AS-GT pre-workout. 4-6 grams always gave me hellatious pumps more so than Arginine. Now that and some Anadraulic Pump would be flat out off the chain!
I like 5-6g pre-workout, I was using the bulk nutraplanet CM. I tried 8 before, never really noticed a diff between 5 or 8.
So you guys were all probably using the same stuff I have.... 2:1

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you guys were all probably using the same stuff I have.... 2:1
Mine was NP bulk, just got another 100 grams today with my order. Looking forward to some great pumps and increased endurance.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
smutty

smutty

Awards
I love using CM. There is a great energy rush and pumps,and that is around 3 grams.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How's 3 grams?
1gr is noticable. Citrulline is awesome at any dose, but 3-4gr is a great dose. Try taking it daily, or twice daily. ;)

That's my next purchase, I'm dying to throw it in my asgt.

I OuTsiDeR I

Awards
I have a lot of questions. Does CM need to be used daily or can we just use it preworkout for the benefits. Does it need to be used it split doses?

All I remember was the dosing protocol from MAN and they wanted to use it everyday split But I'm pretty sure it was because of the BA.

Robboe any thoughts.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used the bulk from np and always dosed 3g with my creatine gluconate I had picked up at the same time, worked great, never really ventured outside that dosing range as I saw no need.

omg

omg

Awards
Strength athletes train better with citrulline malate

Take 8 g citrulline malate before pumping iron and you’ll manage more reps per set. The more sets you manage, the bigger the effect, sports scientists at the University of Cordoba, Spain, discovered when they did experiments with bodybuilders.

Citrulline malate was a popular supplement among cyclists in the seventies and eighties. And going by the stories it worked too. Hardly surprising if you look at what physiology textbooks have to say.

Citrulline converts slowly in the body into arginine, an amino acid that is released as proteins break down. One of the end products of this breakdown is ammonia. High amounts of ammonia in your blood make you tired and prevent glucose being turned into energy. If you take citrulline or arginine, your body removes the ammonia more quickly from your blood.

Malic acid or apple acid is released during the citric acid cycle. It prevents muscle cells from making lactic acid and stimulates the production of pyruvate, which supplies energy.

Both arginine and malate enable muscle cells to produce aerobic energy for longer, and delay the moment at which hardworking muscle cells resort to their ATP.

In theory. There is little research that actually confirms this. That’s why the Spaniards conducted an experiment. They got bodybuilders to train their chest muscles by doing 16 sets in one go, on one occasion after taking a placebo [PLAC], and on another one hour after taking 8 g citrulline malate [CM].

The test subjects started with 4 sets of bench presses at 80 percent of the weight at which they could just manage 1 rep [S1 – S4]. Then they did 4 sets of incline bench presses [S5 – S8], followed by 4 sets of flies [S9 – S12] and finally 4 sets of bench presses [S’1 – S’4]. All sets were done at failure: the bodybuilders did as many reps per set as they could. That’s overdoing it if you aren’t using any forbidden substances, but guarantees muscle exhaustion.

As the training progressed, the effect of the supplement became clearer. The bodybuilders who had taken citrulline malate managed more reps. The figure below shows the number of reps the bodybuilders managed during set S3. And the figure below that shows the reps they made during set S’4, the very last set of the training session.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like Stimol is 1:1 CM, so using 4g of 2:1 bulk CM might be equally effective as its the Cit group giving the pump effects

I tried 5g yesterday (heaping tsp) and liked it a lot! I will play with some more doses...hopefully this little tub doesnt run out too fast. Just 100g :( and CM is pretty expensive compared to other bulks

I have a lot of questions. Does CM need to be used daily or can we just use it preworkout for the benefits. Does it need to be used it split doses?

All I remember was the dosing protocol from MAN and they wanted to use it everyday split But I'm pretty sure it was because of the BA.

Robboe any thoughts.
The study says it can be used 1 hour preworkout, and all at once!

BA needs to be taken daily so that it probably why the daily dosing was recommended

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Anyone taking Cit Mal along with Beta Alanine, if so how much of each?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone taking Cit Mal along with Beta Alanine, if so how much of each?
I take BA daily. I split 3g into two doses (1.5 twice per day). I once read a study that said more than 3g at once can be toxic, so that is why I split them up. I will try to find the study again.

I dont see BA and Cit mal having any synergy, but starting yesterday I took them together!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Robboe any thoughts.
CM is one of those rare substances of which nearly any amount is beneficial, and noticeable. I've used 1-3gr pre-workout only, 3gr 2x/day, and everything in between. It's ALL good, but obviously the benefits are greater on the high end of the spectrum. If you really want increased recovery, or pumps, 3gr 2x/day will do it; if you just want the intra-workout performance increase, 3gr PW only will do it. If you're on a budget, ANYTHING will be awesome; but in that case, I'd go for larger doses pre-workout only, over some split dose, or daily dosing protocol.

I can't WAIT to get back on it, it's been a while. Too bad SAN discontinued OX.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
My preworkout contains

5grams of Leucine
2.5 grams of isoleucine
2.5 grams valine

2.25grams Kre Alkalyn
2 grams beta alanine

Gluatimie peptide,Glutamine AKG, L-alanyl-l-glutamine

3 grams Arginine AKG

4 grams Taurine

4grams Citrulline Malate

4 grams I think of Glycocarn (GPLC)

200mg caffine

Vitamine B complex

VItamin C

50mg Magnesium

This Preworkout is insane. I am never tired of broken down. Get a nasty pump and never "get used to" this blend.

I use use 3-5 grams a day of CM and keep using it with the glycocarn