Cissus most effective dose?

AML

Awards
I have a couple bottles of Primaforce Cissus and would appreciate any suggestions as to how high to dose it for an inflamed elbow. The reason I ask is I weigh 287 pounds and given my weight I thought I might need to use more than the recomended amount. It is very cheap so if needed I will get more. It bothers me most when I do barbell benchpress but seems OK during dumbbell shoulder presses. It's holding back my progress because of the inflammation
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think there was studies on 3g a day not sure about how high extract

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
most of what I've seen has been done in mouse or rat models. Primaforce suggests 1g twice a day, so I would perhaps try a total of 3g a day (1.5g twice a day or 1g three times). See if you feel any better and if you're experiencing any side effects and then go up or down from there. You also have to consider if your injury needs something more and cissus just isn't enough.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You actually get more bang for your buck with the SNS Cissus. I would go that route over the Primaforce

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You actually get more bang for your buck with the SNS Cissus. I would go that route over the Primaforce
I would agree with this as well. Can't go wrong with SNS Cissus.

AML

Awards
Thanks for all of the replies. When you say SNS Cissus has more bang for the buck do you mean more effective or better price?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for all of the replies. When you say SNS Cissus has more bang for the buck do you mean more effective or better price?
A lot of people report better results with Cissus XT than Primaforce's Cissus. Cissus XT is also a better price.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A lot of people report better results with Cissus XT than Primaforce's Cissus. Cissus XT is also a better price.
Ok so I haven't looked into it a ton and its been so long so full broscience response incoming....

When this stuff first came out there seemed to be tons of anecdotal evidence suggesting lower ketosterone percentages (5-10%) were better for joints, while the higher ketosterone percentages were more "anabolic" (super vague on what that actually meant and USPLabs even had some "super special" extract for Symmetry X that didn't seem to really pan out).

I've continued to see people seem to have better results with SNS due to this on the boards, but again not entirely sure why/how/or what to really make of it.

Maybe someone else knows, but ya when in doubt that is why I'd reach for SNS (or lower % extracts if possible for joint relief).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so I haven't looked into it a ton and its been so long so full broscience response incoming....

When this stuff first came out there seemed to be tons of anecdotal evidence suggesting lower ketosterone percentages (5-10%) were better for joints, while the higher ketosterone percentages were more "anabolic" (super vague on what that actually meant and USPLabs even had some "super special" extract for Symmetry X that didn't seem to really pan out).

I've continued to see people seem to have better results with SNS due to this on the boards, but again not entirely sure why/how/or what to really make of it.

Maybe someone else knows, but ya when in doubt that is why I'd reach for SNS (or lower % extracts if possible for joint relief).
You are correct. I always saw that the 5% ketosterones were better for joints, tendons, and ligaments and then people said that the higher percentages were in theory better for 'anabolic properties' which I put in parenthesis because I don't think Cissus is anabolic to any noticeable degree. It's kind of like if you take it for joints and happen to see performance enhancement, great; but I wouldn't take it for any supposed anabolic properties.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 4
akboom87 Serious Nutrition Solutions 17
LJ57 Supplements 24
Wordz_Worf Supplements 20
Supplements 26