Cissus after surgury?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
My mother had a fall a few months ago, and broke her ankle in several places. After over a month off, it's finally time for her intensive rehab, which she is well on her way with. She crutches around putting nearly her full weight on the ankle (which is braced) several times a day for exercise. So in other words she has already developed a base to work with.

I've told her about Cissus, and how I want her to bring it up the next time she sees her doctor about her ankle, but I think I'm somewhat mystifying the product. I mean it's basically herbs, right? Nothing unsafe that could be counter-productive to her recovery?

ALSO, as a two part - I'm looking into Cissus myself as well, for running purposes. My knee sometimes acts up on me, just a bit, and I think this would help me recover quicker? I'm working up to running around 6 days a week for good runs.

Thanks

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
cissus is natural, and definetly wouldnt hurt trying it!....it does wonders for my shoulder!!!!
as for her doctor, if he's anything like the GP's around here he will 1) have no clue wwhat it is, or 2) wont recommend it, and not no what it is..hahah...naw my gp is brutal though.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
cissus is natural, and definetly wouldnt hurt trying it!....it does wonders for my shoulder!!!!
as for her doctor, if he's anything like the GP's around here he will 1) have no clue wwhat it is, or 2) wont recommend it, and not no what it is..hahah...naw my gp is brutal though.
Sounds about like mine, lol.

I once asked him about a gyno problem I was having --- his recommendation was to "stop all whey and creatine, that bring it to a hault."

Hmmmm....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you know what they call the guy who finished last in medical school? DOCTOR

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
My mother had a fall a few months ago, and broke her ankle in several places. After over a month off, it's finally time for her intensive rehab, which she is well on her way with. She crutches around putting nearly her full weight on the ankle (which is braced) several times a day for exercise. So in other words she has already developed a base to work with.

I've told her about Cissus, and how I want her to bring it up the next time she sees her doctor about her ankle, but I think I'm somewhat mystifying the product. I mean it's basically herbs, right? Nothing unsafe that could be counter-productive to her recovery?

ALSO, as a two part - I'm looking into Cissus myself as well, for running purposes. My knee sometimes acts up on me, just a bit, and I think this would help me recover quicker? I'm working up to running around 6 days a week for good runs.

Thanks
Hey man, I had major elbow surgery 3 months ago, I didnt take the cissus at first since the docotor had me on a very potent anti-inflamatory (cissus is also a AI), but i did start taking it once the doc took me off the 'script. Cissus has a ton of properties for anti-inflamation, antioxidant, analgesic (pain reducer), it promotes lean mass and muscle repair.

Cissus definitely helped my flexibility and mobility in rehab as well as my range of motion. I am a strong believer in it especially since I put it to a strong test and it held up. There's nothing in it that would hurt yo momma, just help in recovery. Phys Therapy sucks!! but she's gotta do it, and the cissus should make it much easier
dave

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey man, I had major elbow surgery 3 months ago, I didnt take the cissus at first since the docotor had me on a very potent anti-inflamatory (cissus is also a AI), but i did start taking it once the doc took me off the 'script. Cissus has a ton of properties for anti-inflamation, antioxidant, analgesic (pain reducer), it promotes lean mass and muscle repair.

Cissus definitely helped my flexibility and mobility in rehab as well as my range of motion. I am a strong believer in it especially since I put it to a strong test and it held up. There's nothing in it that would hurt yo momma, just help in recovery. Phys Therapy sucks!! but she's gotta do it, and the cissus should make it much easier
dave

Yup- does all of the above!! Just make sure she does not take mega-dose amounts of cissus- it can cause heterotropic bone growth (formation of too much new osteo tissue in the wrong places)- best to stay within correct dosage ranges :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Yup- does all of the above!! Just make sure she does not take mega-dose amounts of cissus- it can cause heterotropic bone growth (formation of too much new osteo tissue in the wrong places)- best to stay within correct dosage ranges :)
Correct. This is why i did not take it during the first 8 weeks after surgery. The point of the prescription AI was to prevent bone growth since bone growth would have obstructed the joint and prevented mobility.

Since she is a few months out of surgery and into phys therapy, she should be fine at lower doses.
dave

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's some of the proper doseage ranges?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's some of the proper doseage ranges?
What we use in Osteo-C- they are body weight dependant- I think we have a PDF of the label on our website....

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's some of the amounts people around 180lbs have been using?

heater1289

Awards
I to am interested in cissus. I had shoulder surgery about 9 months ago and am still not full strength even after a long rehab program. It still hurts in times of extreme stress and is very stiff and weak. I am 18 also, would cissus be ok for me?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Appreciate the input and info - just what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot