Chuck or Rampage?

Who will win?

• Total voters

Vtaper

Awards
If you simply look at motivation, I think chuck has the upper hand, this is the only loss he hasnt avenged, and he is obsessed about proving he is the # 1, 205 lb fighter. Jackson had that drive back in '03 but has seemed to have lossed it, and now just wants to get paid. But Jackson is the natural athlete and he is not afraid of chuck; fear plagued many of chucks recent opponents, you could see in there eyes they knew they were going to lose when the match started. Its gonna be awesome and I hope rampage wins, but i think chuck is just more focused. Liddell by (t)ko in the 4th.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know who is in Rampage's training camp for this one? Is he training at Legends in LA with Bas?
I heard he's been working out with Cheik Kongo (sp?)...

I'm going to go with Rampage to win by TKO 3rd round (ground and pound after the big slam!)

Rampage has pretty good defense when it comes to head punches. He only got killed by Vanderlei's knees.
If Rampage gets close to Chuck I'm look for some good clinch work and possibly the big slam (ala Arona).

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I heard he's been working out with Cheik Kongo (sp?)...

I'm going to go with Rampage to win by TKO 3rd round (ground and pound after the big slam!)

Rampage has pretty good defense when it comes to head punches. He only got killed by Vanderlei's knees.
If Rampage gets close to Chuck I'm look for some good clinch work and possibly the big slam (ala Arona).
Chiek Kongo, now there is a guy who needs to learn how to fight on the ground lol.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I just hope Rampage lets it all hang out and doesn't hesitate. I used to dislike Chuck, but I appreciate him more now. Still, I want to see Rampage take it. Rampage can definitely take punishment. He walked right through everything Chuck threw at him before.

I didn't notice the scar, but did you see the threads about Fickett getting bombed and getting in trouble at ADCC??? Apparently he is quite the Keystone Light connoisseur.
No, I didn't see that. That's pretty funny. They have Keystone Light in Abu Dhabi? It's possible that the scar was more of a shadow effect, but Randy mentioned it so it must be there.

EE, Kongo, really? I guess it's good to train with a good striker that can hit you hard.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
EE, Kongo, really? I guess it's good to train with a good striker that can hit you hard.
A striker that can hit you hard and has absolutely 0 take down defense. I am getting annoyed by these talented strikers who refuse to learn the ground game like Kongo and Guillard.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
No, I didn't see that. That's pretty funny. They have Keystone Light in Abu Dhabi? It's possible that the scar was more of a shadow effect, but Randy mentioned it so it must be there.
I believe ADCC was held in Nooooo Joisey this year.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I can't decide.

Physically, Page could have the optimum skillset to beat Lidell again, to work the inside of Chuck's arc with straight punching and slams, much more so than Ortiz or Couture, but

I wished there had been real sparring shown in the Access show, not just bag, mitt and shadow boxing and psychologically I'm real hesistant to endorse Quinton, he may claim to still be a Werewolf, but he does'nt appear, to me, to have the killer in him that he had pre-Wandy.

He has a good chance tactically if he fights like AA did versus Werdum, straight and quick attack and withdrawl,if Lidell backs away into his range.Cover and close ground quickly, and Unlike AA, keep his chin down and risk the KO, stay inside when your in and don't, for god's sakes, pull a Babalu and chase the Iceman. The Iceman is deadly on the edges, you have to stay squared up on his chest and close the third step range safely to beat him inside. Ortiz tried but had neither the skills or the will to take the necessary risk. On the ground, don't hesistate like Tito did in his one sucessfull takedown, and forget the hips, Lidell is all about the shoulders, get and stay high on him.

I don't believe that Liddell can Wandy him with a clinch and knees, I've never seen that from Lidell and I don't think's he's strong enough to control and drive Rampage, ala Wandy_Jackson and Silva_Franklin.

I have'nt had this hard a time picking a fight in a long time, just can't.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Always nice to hear your input, Rogue.

Check out the pool. Right now it is almost 50/50.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Where the hell is CNorris? Dare I say I miss him.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Where's AM's currently resident Gollum?

Thankfully, anywhere but here.

Issues with all, hopeless miscreant.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Where's AM's currently resident Gollum?

Thankfully, anywhere but here.

Issues with all, hopeless miscreant.

There is an Indian expression that says you never really know a man until you walk in his shoes or slither in his slime trail.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
There's an expression used by wingman that states "fat chicks need love too"

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
In fairness to the UpChuckster, he's a propaganda spewing PITA, particularly so in the Political Forum, but every board needs some Antagonists to seed and pisswater discussions.

Cheers, Chucky. :drunk:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Man, I am so ready to see Rampage take chuck off his pedestal tomorrow. It's time, damnit.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I did recommend that Norris head to the M&M MMA forum, where he will be better suited. What up Sav, you know I love you.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
But we never betrays the master **gollum**gollum**
hahaha, watch out, Rogue may want to blow you, as I believe he is a huge LOTR fan............and gay:rant:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I got your "blow" right here, Analxander.

I have high standards. No way my purty mouth will be suckling something as ugly as Rodja's diseased Smeagol, yuck, that's a job for a Knob Goblin like jas.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did recommend that Norris head to the M&M MMA forum, where he will be better suited. What up Sav, you know I love you.
That's actually a suitable punishment, if you have it in for him.

He'll be pwned hardcore at M & M.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone see the VAT on Chuck's gut? Give him an anti-cortisol supplement now.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Too bad there's no more Ab-Solved.

I think oral 7-OH-DHEA or transdermal 7-OXO-DHEA is his best bet.

I thought he looked like crap, frankly. I just don't see him winning, but who knows.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Pity, the loss of premade Ab -Solved.

I going with Vatty Liddell. If I'm wrong, I won't be sorry to see him fall, it's a no injury this time cage escape thing to allow him to maintain his killzone range.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
It looked like he was working hard on them 12oz curls.
He also looked like crap in the ESPN article.

Cody3308

Awards
thats what i was thinking....Team Punishment is taking over. Kendall Grove 4 lyyyyfe! lol
I pick Rampage by third round KO, and Karo by skill clinic.

Also rampage is training with kongo and Jeremy "Half-Man, Half-Amazing" Williams, Tito and punishment people weren't really part of the camp.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
I think the one with the lucky punch will get this one. I'll go with Chuck KO

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
dayum, page by early ko, im on a losing skid thanks to mirko, liddell and gsp.... :(

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
There were some f-ing sweet fights last night! Rampage will be a good champion, at least, in terms of personality.

Brother

Brother

Awards
Though I don't know nearly as much about MMA as all of you guys in here...:ntome:
As Marcellus Wallace said.... " That sting in the back of your mind is pride f u k n with you"

Everyone was believing the chuck hype and didnt realize that he was going get that ass whooped!!:afro:

Brother

Brother

Awards
I got your "blow" right here, Analxander.

I have high standards. No way my purty mouth will be suckling something as ugly as Rodja's diseased Smeagol, yuck, that's a job for a Knob Goblin like jas.
nice :clap2:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
There were some f-ing sweet fights last night! Rampage will be a good champion, at least, in terms of personality.
He definitely had charisma, sorta brings me back to the Junkyard Dog days, with the chain and the howling bit.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
He definitely had charisma, sorta brings me back to the Junkyard Dog days, with the chain and the howling bit.
Wooooowwww, of all the punches that I thought would bring Chuck down, a friggin kiss of a punch does him in lol. His neck was completely relaxed when it got him though, probably the reason.

I do think the stoppage was a little premature though personally. The reason I say that is because if you watch it in slow motion, he gets knocked down, takes a strong hit/elbow that puts him to sleep then takes one more that literally wakes him up, its crazy looking but that is when he reached up towards the referee. Do I know for sure he would have survived by grabbing a leg or something? Heck no. However, he had a chance, he wasn't out cold just yet. In a title fight I think you should have that right.

On a lighter note I do think Rampage is HILARIOUS.

"I hope he was trainin' because I don't want no beat up, broke down, ol' raggidy ass Chuck" hahahah.:toofunny:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the shot that put Chuck down was a soft as it looked. It caught him on the tip of the chin, which must have whipped his head around like crazy. Also, if you look at the way Rampage lowered his body and cocked to his right a bit, he was in a position to be loading up for that counter. He could have done it better, but that shot was harder than it looked. If Rampage landed that on the cheek or eye socket it would have had a lot more visual impact.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I don't think the shot that put Chuck down was a soft as it looked. It caught him on the tip of the chin, which must have whipped his head around like crazy. Also, if you look at the way Rampage lowered his body and cocked to his right a bit, he was in a position to be loading up for that counter. He could have done it better, but that shot was harder than it looked. If Rampage landed that on the cheek or eye socket it would have had a lot more visual impact.
I don't doubt it wasn't hard, but lets face it, Chuck has taken harder shots than that. But again my point was that he didn't have his necked tightened, it was definite whiplash, which probably made it MUCH worse. Shame the fight only lasted a few seconds! I thought it was going to be like Tito vs. Chuck battle.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I definitely thought the stoppage was appropriate. Chuck's arms went limp before he woke up again. I think he was just going to eat more punches and you could tell from his eyes on the replay that he was fvcked up. It was a litttle disappointing that it wasn't more of a war, though.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Knockouts are about angles. Simple. If you hit a man in the eye, his head will not snap and it is harder to jar his brain enough to turn out the lights. If you get the right chin angle though...you don't need much force to flick the switch is all I'm saying. Just the right angle.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure who just voted in the poll but the fight is over. :fool2: