Cheat day

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I totally understand that cheat day is just one meal and my coach told me to just have a cheat meal on cheat day, but I'm on vacation tommorow and kinda wanna just eat whatever I feel like the whole day. I'm not cutting I'm just trying to grow without getting fat. If I get wacky and eat 2 or possibly even 3 cheat meals in one day since I'm on vacation, will that wreck everything? I'm thinking no right?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That depends on you. Some people can’t handle it psychologically. One meal can derail some people’s diets. But physically, no it won’t mess you up. That’s gonna be person dependent as well, but most people would benefit from significant refeeds. Just keep your protein intake up, you shouldn’t have any real issue.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That depends on you. Some people can’t handle it psychologically. One meal can derail some people’s diets. But physically, no it won’t mess you up. That’s gonna be person dependent as well, but most people would benefit from significant refeeds. Just keep your protein intake up, you shouldn’t have any real issue.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I eat tons of meat anyway. The only thing that would happen is that id end up taking in more calories than usual but the protein would absolutely still be there, probably even more. Usually Mediterranean foods or just a good old steak and potatoes or burger(real burger from a restaurant not fast food).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
These are questions to ask your coach. That's the reason your paying him. Looking to a forum to have people agree or disagree with you means nothing outside of Giving you a false sense of comfort. I would tell my coach I'm going on vacation, how can we work some extra meals into this equation. From my understanding your looking to put on size anyway and you seem to stay around maintenance calories most of the year so it would imagine your coach could easily fit a couple extra meals into your plan. I personally loose weight on every vacation I go on while eating crap the whole time because I'm usually with my kids walking 20k steps a day at parks and stuff like that.

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
Ok so I totally understand that cheat day is just one meal and my coach told me to just have a cheat meal on cheat day, but I'm on vacation tommorow and kinda wanna just eat whatever I feel like the whole day. I'm not cutting I'm just trying to grow without getting fat. If I get wacky and eat 2 or possibly even 3 cheat meals in one day since I'm on vacation, will that wreck everything? I'm thinking no right?
Is it more like the chill type of sitting-at-pool vacation or more like recreation?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In my opinion, it is a matter of discipline. Can you get away with it? Of course. Will it throw you off track? Temporarily and a little bit. But, if it is limited to one day, or one day every once and a while, I would do it - but that is me. Just make sure you go back to your routine the next day, without exception.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it more like the chill type of sitting-at-pool vacation or more like recreation?
I'm down in St Augustine Florida walking around checking out museums and looking at historical stuff. It's rad!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright so I had 2 cheat meals today instead of 1.

First cheat meal was:
Ham turkey bacon plus a fried egg with cheddar cheese on toasted gluten free bread
Plus a hotdog and some cape cod chips.

Absolutely garbage I know.

Second cheat meal was a 12inch gluten free pizza. Toppings:
Double ham
Spinach
Tomatoes
Feta cheese
Black olives

And now back to my regular diet.

Only one extra cheat meal. Meh, I think I'll survive

lamarclark09

Awards
According to research it has been clear that three cheat days a week is not good for your gut health and it’s more likely to have a constantly unhealthy diet.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
According to research it has been clear that three cheat days a week is not good for your gut health and it’s more likely to have a constantly unhealthy diet.
That's such a vague statement and it dosent hold much weight, i dont know what studies your looking at but make sure theres context to "cheat day". Some people's cheat meals are steak and handmade fries or a steak house burger Nd maybe a dessert, other people's cheats are McDonald's and ice cream. Or a full day of garbage.

In the fitness world we tend to plan our cheats and the rest of Gen pop just eats garbage so there's so many variables.

Eating junk definitely makes you want to eat more junk, I can definitely attest to that!

Last edited: