Cheat day/weekend.....very interesting

met5121

Awards
So for about the last three weeks my diet has been outstanding. But this past weekend i ended up going to my buddys cabin. Now Im currently at college so its easy get a good routine and stick with it, NO ALCOHOL!!!(yes its hard) But when we went to the cabin my routine was then jacked up. I ended up letting go and eating like **** for two days. I mean ****. Sunday night when i got back i felt terrible mentally and physically. But monday came along and i hit my perfect diet again, and I kid you not by the end of the day i was thinner than the friday night I went to the cabin.

DONT KNOW WHY!!!

But I still will never let that happen again, but does anybody know why this happens. It is almost lilke a broke a platue haha.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
The overeating "shocks" your thyroid and boost your metabolism, when you eat very strict or lower your carb intake you slow down your metabolic rate and thyroid functions slow as well, by doing this you trick your body and force it back into high gear, some people debate the effectiveness of cheat meals by maybe go for one big one every 2 weeks and see how that works, it is always good to throw some curveball into your diet because our bodies can slow down a lot especially if the calories are very restricted

ecupirate

Awards
It is a great way to get through plateaus also. Sometime the body needs that extra fat

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i do cheat meals to simply avoid going insane.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my secret to life: 3 krispy kremes on sunday, and sex as often as you can get it!:sasmokin:

CGK

Awards
Check out Lyle Mcdonald's articles on structured refeeds for more information on the usefulness of scheduled "cheat" meals and overeating periods.