Challenge time 2, are you in?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Seriously?
WTH?

An uneven number implies that the bar ended up behind your neck, assuming you started from the chest. LOL
Yeah it's chest over head and up (one rep) and behind neck and up (one rep) right? I went until failure each set and sometimes I ended on the opposite side of where I started. I read the rules like 3 times before I started, Idk maybe I messed up?

I had wife counting reps with me and then she'd message me our agreed told on my phone so I could enter em later.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it's chest over head and up (one rep) and behind neck and up (one rep) right? I went until failure each set and sometimes I ended on the opposite side of where I started. I read the rules like 3 times before I started, Idk maybe I messed up?

I had wife counting reps with me and then she'd message me our agreed told on my phone so I could enter em later.
Nope, that's right.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My shoulder feels 100%, so I'll F that up tomorrow with this challenge. I did arms today and it didn't take long for my triceps to fatigue from doing challenge 1 a few days ago.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
yeah then 403 total my delts was on fire, had to drop down to 25s for lateral raises and 20s for rear delt flies!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just to make sure:
Did you push the bar up (like military press), -or barely cleared your head?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
All the way up and all the way down.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the way up and all the way down.
LOL, please watch the video how to do it.
It's clearing the head by an inch from front to back -and back to front, this way your muscles stay under tension the whole set.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
LOL, please watch the video how to do it.
It's clearing the head by an inch from front to back -and back to front, this way your muscles stay under tension the whole set.
I watched it, twice, besides wouldn't it be harder if I stopped just shy of lockout for my movements.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I watched it, twice, besides wouldn't it be harder if I stopped just shy of lockout for my movements.
I guess not. It would be called OHP and behind the neck press, not bradford press.
One- maximal two inches clearing the head. I know it's a bummer, but it is- what it is.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Well then you're going to have to wait till next Thursday for me to put you suckas to shame.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well then you're going to have to wait till next Thursday for me to put you suckas to shame.
That's the spirit!
Now I have to ask bighulksmash how he did it too, but I guess he did it right, because he mentioned "bumping his head " a few times. <--- not avoidable in the last reps
LOL

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know about these challenges! I will do one of them next week because I do tris and shoulders on the same day. This will go well with my log. Something different!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't know about these challenges! I will do one of them next week because I do tris and shoulders on the same day. This will go well with my log. Something different!
Awesome!
Please read the rules first, watch the instructional video and if still questions arise, just ask.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
That's the spirit!
Now I have to ask bighulksmash how he did it too, but I guess he did it right, because he mentioned "bumping his head " a few times. <--- not avoidable in the last reps
LOL
Up over head down behind neck up over head down touched chest =1 rep

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a bit early for this, but:

I would like to propose, for all challenges, that if an ultimate champion arises, being un-matchable for a certain amount of time, like for 6 month, he has to do a vid, strengthening his claim to the throne.
What's the vote on this?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

I would like to propose, for all challenges, that if an ultimate champion arises, being un-matchable for a certain amount of time, like for 6 month, he has to do a vid, strengthening his claim to the throne.
What's the vote on this?
Yes

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What's the vote on this?
I'm reserving my vote until all bribes are in.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to mention: All non-voters get 30 reps discounted from the total...
Fine, I'll just say I repped 50 over my actual total. That way as long as the new rule doesn't pass I'm good to go.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fine, I'll just say I repped 50 over my actual total. That way as long as the new rule doesn't pass I'm good to go.
No argumentation left, going to apply shady tactics.

From now on, every participant has to send a urine-and stool sample to RegisterJr for a smell- and taste test. The stool sample should be the entire stool from a week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No argumentation left, going to apply shady tactics.

From now on, every participant has to send a urine-and stool sample to RegisterJr for a smell- and taste test. The stool sample should be the entire stool from a week.
I live in Paraguay, BTW!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did the challenge but focused on how many sets I was doing instead of counting reps.. Turns out my camera didn't have the memory card in. Also, my hamster died. I'll redo in a couple days.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I did the challenge but focused on how many sets I was doing instead of counting reps.. Turns out my camera didn't have the memory card in. Also, my hamster died. I'll redo in a couple days.
Sorry to hear tom !

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

CJNator

Awards
Sorry about your hamster and that's the worse, I've hit PRs thinking my phone was recording lol.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry about your hamster and that's the worse, I've hit PRs thinking my phone was recording lol.
I was kidding about the hamster. HG said in post one to not blame the death of a hamster.

I had a couple hamsters as a kid. When one ate the legs off the other I decided they weren't pets I wanted anymore.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your hamster. Will there be a memorial service when it's remains are excavated from hairygrandpa's nether regions;)?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your hamster. Will there be a memorial service when it's remains are excavated from @hairgrandpa's nether regions;)?
Rumor is they're never excavated.

CJNator

Awards
I was kidding about the hamster. HG said in post one to not blame the death of a hamster.

I had a couple hamsters as a kid. When one ate the legs off the other I decided they weren't pets I wanted anymore.
Oh ok lol holy **** yea that doesn't sound like a good pet lol.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your hamster. Will there be a memorial service when it's remains are excavated from hairygrandpa's nether regions;)?
Savage lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Up over head down behind neck up over head down touched chest =1 rep
Obviously, that is NOT one rep. Counting that way, your total would be 566.
Sorry, I messed up.
Hulk, you did it wrong. I'm 90% certain. Read the rules: Every time the bar clears the head, it's one rep! Front to back = 1 rep. Back to front = 1 rep. Considering your total number, you did the same as lifted67.
DO NOT PRESS THE BAR UP OVER YOUR HEAD! Clear the head with the bar 1-2 inches over the head, almost no "up" involved.

please confirm....

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Obviously, that is NOT one rep.
Sorry, I messed up.
Hulk, you did it wrong. I'm 90% certain. Read the rules: Every time the bar clears the head, it's one rep! Front to back = 1 rep. Back to front = 1 rep. Considering your total number, you did the same as lifted67.
DO NOT PRESS THE BAR UP OVER YOUR HEAD! Clear the head with the bar 1-2 inches over the head, almost no "up" involved.

please confirm....
Holy shyt so how many reps did i do lol !?!?!? Ill have to re do it . Christ almighty.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy shyt so how many reps did i do lol !?!?!? Ill have to re do it . Christ almighty.
You did 566 fugging reps!!!!! Only doable when doing overhead press and behind neck press.

I could not sleep over your number, I woke up sweating and yelled your name in the middle of the night.... LOL

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
You did 566 fugging reps!!!!! Only doable when doing overhead press and behind neck press.

I could not sleep over your number, I woke up sweating and yelled your name in the middle of the night.... LOL
My name is William.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obviously, that is NOT one rep. Counting that way, your total would be 566.
Sorry, I messed up.

please confirm....
I hit my forehead 3 times. So mad.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Hit this today after a brutal 2 hour chest and tri session
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1467556720.618140.jpg
those are the numbers not too happy with it 214 total reps but just goes to show I have a lot of work to do on my shoulder strength and endurance will try this again after focusing on shoulders for a couple weeks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HGP is correct on the form and they are WAY harder when you only clear your head by 1-3 inches. There is never a second were the tension shifts to other muscles. The only shift is from the front and rear delts giving more force as it goes back and forth and your medials NEVER get a break.

I think in general to clear up all confusion a video should be taken of any attempt. Without video proof these are just great finishers. With video proof they are a challenge both taken and proven. Far more motivating to see people putting in that kind of effort.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HGP is correct on the form and they are WAY harder when you only clear your head by 1-3 inches. There is never a second were the tension shifts to other muscles. The only shift is from the front and rear delts giving more force as it goes back and forth and your medials NEVER get a break.

I think in general to clear up all confusion a video should be taken of any attempt. Without video proof these are just great finishers. With video proof they are a challenge both taken and proven. Far more motivating to see people putting in that kind of effort.
^^^^ This!

Sadly, a lot of people don't want to put their identity on display- and running around with a mask in a public gym could get you shot, LOL.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit this today after a brutal 2 hour chest and tri session View attachment 137502 those are the numbers not too happy with it 214 total reps but just goes to show I have a lot of work to do on my shoulder strength and endurance will try this again after focusing on shoulders for a couple weeks
Great effort and congratulations on the new record!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Record ??? I thought you guys had like 500s lmao I was so pissed off I thought I did pathetic
Nope, they all did OHP -behind neck press - combo, instead of clearing head by an inch (doing OHP over 500 should be fun too!).
You are the champ! (If you done it right)

Not for long... MUHAHAHA

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Nope, they all did OHP -behind neck press - combo, instead of clearing head by an inch (doing OHP over 500 should be fun too!).
You are the champ! (If you done it right)

Not for long... MUHAHAHA
Lmao I was fuccing pissed I thought it was pathetic , my Beats have scratches if you want proof I wasn't going more then an inch above lmao