Chad's first 1-Andro log

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually take, 1 cheat meal on cheat day.............1 cheat meal per week;)

Sorry I phrased that wrong, I meant 3 or 4 cheat meals or 1 whole cheat DAY haha my bad. I'll check out that video after work. Preciate the quick responses.

Right now I just take Sundays off from my diet but was wondering what your personal experiences were.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Had a pretty intense leg session tonight. Changed up my reps on squats a bit. I did a wave and went 7,5,3,5,7 for 295, 315, 375, 345, 325. Did 3 sets of good mornings with 135 for 7 reps. 3 sets of 7 reps with a 35 lb DB of glute/ham holds. 3 sets of walking barbell lunges, 10 forward, 10 backward with 155. Lying single leg curls on the machine, 3 sets 7 reps. Finished it off with sled pulls on my tiptoes to really demolish my calves. Did 5 sets for 12 seconds with 990 lbs in plates with the 45 lb sled, so 1030lbs.

Weighed myself for the first time in 4 days (my other scale broke). Was surprised and happy to see my weight was up to 270.5, especially cus I'm feeling a bit leaner than when I started this cycle. Guess those 4 cheat DAYs per week are paying off haha, just playin. But I did enjoy feasting on Sunday so I'm sure that helped me add a pound or 2. Interested to see what my weight is once I get off my creatine in about a week.

Joints still feel a bit dry, but nothing unbearable despite squatting moderately heavy tonight. Next time I'm gonna drop the squat reps to 6,4,2,4,6. My goal is 455 for 2 good reps with a 3 count down.

Gotta be up early for work tomorrow. Time to pop a couple ZMAs and get to bed.

I'll check in tomorrow after my chest and back session fellas.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg session looks good boss. Might I ask why you are cycling off creatine?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah word is, is you don't need to...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beastly leg session bud. Moving some heavy stuff up in here.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Leg session looks good boss. Might I ask why you are cycling off creatine?
Only reason is that the creatine I use, Volugro, is backordered at the place I usually get my supplements. They said they should have it in a week to 2 weeks. I'm gonna run out of creatine by Friday, however I don't feel like spending another 40 bucks on some creatine to get me through next week. I'm just going to wait until the Volugro is back in stock. Unless you think going off creatine for a week would be an issue. If it is, I may just switch to SizeOn by Gaspari. I used that in the past and liked the results but found it tough to drink during my workout especially when I already drink Xtend intra-workout. Let me know your thoughts Montego.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Worked a 12 hour day today, 8am to 8pm and didn't have much time to eat. Still hit just over 5,500 calories, but I'm still a bit disappointed by that. Despite that I still had a great night in the gym. Probably cus I was dying to lift all day. Tonight was the 2nd week in my strength phase for torso.

Started off with 3 sets of flat bench isos. (unracked the weight, held it for 8 seconds x2, that's 1 set) 1st set I did 345 lbs, then 365, then 385. Next I did 3 sets of normal bench press, 8 reps with a 2 count down. 265x8, 275x8, 285x7. Supersetted those with semi-sup pullups, 6 sets of 8 reps. Did bodyweight for the first 4 sets of pullups, then added a 15 lb DB for the 5th and a 25 lb for the 6th. Next I did flat bench with a barrel bar, kind of tough to explain what exactly that is, but it allows me to bench with a semi-sup grip. 3 sets of 8, 245x8, 255x8, 265x8. 3 sets of 8 wide pro grip lat pulldowns. Finished it with seated side lat raises, 20x8, 20x8, 25x7 and shrugs, 3 sets of 8, 385x8, 385x8, 385x6 (grip strength is becoming an issue with my shrugs :sad:)

Overall a great workout despite such a long day. Also had someone to train with for a change after work which helped me go to failure without having to worry about dropping a bar on my face. I'm lovin these products guys. Feel like I definitely made the right choice by going with Finaflex.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, not much time to eat and still smashes 5.5k. Bwahahahahahahaha. I'm not even at 3k a day and eat 5 times. Jesus, horse, that's a lot of food.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only reason is that the creatine I use, Volugro, is backordered at the place I usually get my supplements. They said they should have it in a week to 2 weeks. I'm gonna run out of creatine by Friday, however I don't feel like spending another 40 bucks on some creatine to get me through next week. I'm just going to wait until the Volugro is back in stock. Unless you think going off creatine for a week would be an issue. If it is, I may just switch to SizeOn by Gaspari. I used that in the past and liked the results but found it tough to drink during my workout especially when I already drink Xtend intra-workout. Let me know your thoughts Montego.
I think you should give Crea-Trona a shot :) I run creatine non stop year round because it's cheap and it works. Since I started using Crea-Trona a few weeks ago though I have noticed a huge differance in pumps, strength and water retention (basically holding zero water). It's truly in a class all by itself and I think you would really enjoy it.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Haha it's not too tough when breakfast is about 1,500 calories and you drink 2 Extreme XXLs from ABB. Those bad boys have around 1200 calories in each bottle. Add in a few snacks and a huge post workout dinner and there you have it, 5500 calories haha

DIPLOMAT

Awards
I think you should give Crea-Trona a shot :) I run creatine non stop year round because it's cheap and it works. Since I started using Crea-Trona a few weeks ago though I have noticed a huge differance in pumps, strength and water retention (basically holding zero water). It's truly in a class all by itself and I think you would really enjoy it.
Never heard of Crea-Trona before. I may give it a shot. I liked the Volugro cus it also gave me a ton of postworkout simple carbs. I also read a pretty lengthy article ripping the entire microdosing strategy to pieces. Basically it said creatine monohydrate is still the only proven and best form of creatine. All the claims of chemical alterations and ultra-concentrated formulas like Kre-Alkalyn and CEE were proven ineffective according to ProSource magazine. What are your thoughts on that? I try to stay away from the microdosed supplements.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Creatine Mono has the most data on in but science is science and buffered creatine stays creatine longer in your system instead of breaking down in to creatinine. Nothing wrong with Monohydrate other than associated bloat but for 40 bucks I hope you are getting at least 2 months worth. Also you don't need a huge insulin spike post workout just take in carbs. Your muscle is already going crazy trying to soak up nutrients and it is actually the 1 time you don't need a huge insulin spike to shuttle nutrients into your system. If your goal is leaning up while keeping or adding muscle you would do better to be taking in complex carbs post workout. However if you want to get something that has creatine monohydrate and some fast acting and complex carbs look into our CELL SHOCK recovery drink. 2 scoops provides plenty creatine mono, and also has 50 grams of mixed carbs 15 simple sugars in the form of dextrose and 35 in the form of maltodextrine.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine Mono has the most data on in but science is science and buffered creatine stays creatine longer in your system instead of breaking down in to creatinine. Nothing wrong with Monohydrate other than associated bloat but for 40 bucks I hope you are getting at least 2 months worth. Also you don't need a huge insulin spike post workout just take in carbs. Your muscle is already going crazy trying to soak up nutrients and it is actually the 1 time you don't need a huge insulin spike to shuttle nutrients into your system. If your goal is leaning up while keeping or adding muscle you would do better to be taking in complex carbs post workout. However if you want to get something that has creatine monohydrate and some fast acting and complex carbs look into our CELL SHOCK recovery drink. 2 scoops provides plenty creatine mono, and also has 50 grams of mixed carbs 15 simple sugars in the form of dextrose and 35 in the form of maltodextrine.
This guy is smart :) Mono has been king for a long time no doubt but like kleen said buffered creatine does stay in the system as creatine longer and regulates ph levels to maximize uptake.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Monte!

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Think I'm gonna try the Cell Shock, thanks for the suggestion. Right now my goal is to pack on as much size and develop as much strength and explosiveness as humanly possible by August. Staying lean is just a bonus but it's not my main goal. However I'm loving this recomp on the 1-Andro. Just hit the 273 lb mark this morning. Bout to hit the gym and do some arms.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cell Shock would be a perfect fit. And the price is amazing commpared to other post workout supplements that don't offer nearly as much.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Haha it's not too tough when breakfast is about 1,500 calories and you drink 2 Extreme XXLs from ABB. Those bad boys have around 1200 calories in each bottle. Add in a few snacks and a huge post workout dinner and there you have it, 5500 calories haha
Dude those Extreme XXLs are my new addiction! They are amazing!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cell Shock would be a perfect fit. And the price is amazing commpared to other post workout supplements that don't offer nearly as much.
Our prices are very competitve to put it mildly

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I would have a major blood sugar event off of one of those big drinks like that. Of course I don't have 274 lbs to feed either. You Sir are a BIG BOY!

calebsmitty

Awards
There was a good article about creatine dosing and best practice for absorption.

Dissolving creatine in warm water and drinking warm for best absorption.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Dude those Extreme XXLs are my new addiction! They are amazing!
Yeah they come in handy when I need to make up a 2,000 calorie deficit in my diet. They don't taste too bad either.

Montego, DreamWeaver, and MrKleen73: I'm definitely gonna go with the Cell Shock. I've been doing some research and like what I've been seeing. Plus you guys are right, the price is absolutely unbeatable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just to follow up from yesterday, my arms session went pretty well. I'm in a strength phase right now and it's not too fun come arms day. My rep ranges and the exercises I'm doing don't allow for much of a pump which is definitely something I'm missing right now.

Weighted Dips: 70x8, 75x8, 80x6
Barrell Bar Curls: 85x8, 95x8, 95x8
DB French Press: 50x8, 50x8, 55x7
DB Curls (I go halfway, drop and catch them and then go all the way up) 30x8, 30x8, 30x8
Heavy Band Tri Extensions: Black bandx8, black bandx8, black bandx8
EZ Bar Reverse Curls: 75x8, 85x8, 85x8
DB Cubans: 20x8, 25x8, 30x8
1/2 Cubans: 20x10, 20x10, 20x10

Weights have been going up pretty consistently and despite the fact I'm not getting much of a pump I'm noticing a bit more vascularity in my biceps and forearms. Took today off from lifting, had another long day and my body needed a night of rest. I'll be back to do legs again tomorrow, however they're still sore from Monday :grumpy:

On a side note I haven't experienced any negative sides whatsoever. Libido is still great, mood is great, joints feel better. I rant and rave about these products so much people are probably gonna think I was hired to make Finaflex products look good. I WASN'T. But so far I've been extremely impressed with the 1-Andro.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
I think I would have a major blood sugar event off of one of those big drinks like that. Of course I don't have 274 lbs to feed either. You Sir are a BIG BOY!
Haha thanks bro and thanks for all the amazing advice. Wouldn't be where I'm at right now if it wasn't for you guys and all your help.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Just did legs today. Feelin pretty good.

Squats: 365x6, 405x4, 465x2, 455x4
Good Mornings: 145x8, 145x8
Glute Ham holds: 35lb DBx6, 35x6
Walking BB Lunges: 185x20, 185x20
Single leg lying leg curls: 97.5x8 each leg, 105x8
Sled Pulls on tip toes, 1600lbs for 12 seconds 5 times.

Legs are torched. Yesterday I mentioned I had no sides at all...in an ironic turn of events, I feel like I had blue balls all day haha. Just like a dull aching in my nuts. Nothing I can't handle. I'm assuming this is just a mild side from the PH. Any thoughts haha? And on a side note, my girl is on a business trip hours away, so it's not blue balls.

Reactions: Jr1
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never experienced this before.....

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just did legs today. Feelin pretty good.

Squats: 365x6, 405x4, 465x2, 455x4
Good Mornings: 145x8, 145x8
Glute Ham holds: 35lb DBx6, 35x6
Walking BB Lunges: 185x20, 185x20
Single leg lying leg curls: 97.5x8 each leg, 105x8
Sled Pulls on tip toes, 1600lbs for 12 seconds 5 times.

Legs are torched. Yesterday I mentioned I had no sides at all...in an ironic turn of events, I feel like I had blue balls all day haha. Just like a dull aching in my nuts. Nothing I can't handle. I'm assuming this is just a mild side from the PH. Any thoughts haha? And on a side note, my girl is on a business trip hours away, so it's not blue balls.
Normally, on a hormonal cycle, the testes will "shut down", or cease production of natural testosterone. When this happens, some men may feel an "ache" in the testes. It's a sign that it's working.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Normally, on a hormonal cycle, the testes will "shut down", or cease production of natural testosterone. When this happens, some men may feel an "ache" in the testes. It's a sign that it's working.
^^^^ Second this. Absolutely normal and reverses during PCT.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I've never experienced this before.....
I don't get it every time I run a PH, but yeah still pretty familiar with the aching balls.. :p
very fleeting, temporary..goes away as quick as it came on

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys. Was up at the cabin this weekend so didn't get a chance to read all this till late last night. Had a nice relaxing weekend. Thankfully the pain has subsided for now, just like Snagency said, went away as quick as it came. Glad to know the 1-Andro is doing it's job.

Worked all day and then hit chest/back this evening.

Bench Press Isos: 375 for an 8 second hold x2. 405 for an 8 second hold x2
Bench Press: 285x6, 295x6, 305x6
Semi-Sup Pullups: BWx6, BWx6, 12lb DBx6, 15x6, 20 x6
Barrel Bar Bench: 275x8, 285x7
Wide Pro Lat Pulldown: 157.5x6, 170x6
Side Inertia Lat Raises: 25x6, 25x6
Shrugs: 395x6, 395x6

It was the third week for this phase so I drop a set for the auxiliaries. Joints feel great. Did some speed work in the sand after my lift. Haven't done much speed work since I started the cycle cus I was trying to bulk up. Now that I'm up to 277lbs, I'm gonna start working my speed training back into my training regimen. Did band runs in the sand, 30 seconds forwards for 4 sets, 30 seconds backwards for 4 sets with a minute rest in between. I was surprised how good I felt during it. Don't get me wrong I was winded by the end of it, but I was expecting to have a much rougher go at it with the extra 10 pounds I put on and not doing any intense running for about 4 weeks. I was recomping without much cardio, so I'm excited to see how adding the intense cardio in enhances the recomp. Ran a 40 yard dash at the end of everything and clocked in a 4.84. Not bad for a 6'3" 277 lb man, but by the end of this cycle I'm hoping to break into the 4.7's

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its nice change of pace seeing these speed/strength training programs instead of straight bbing. Good training brother. And yes very good numbers for being huge :p

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah very impressive numbers.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Thanks Montego and DreamWeaver. Preciate it.

Today was heavy week for arms. Had an amazing workout, best one yet since I started my cycle.

Weighted dips: 65x6, 85x6, 100x6 (2 count down)
Barrel Bar curls: 115x6, 115x6, 125x5 (2 hold at top, 2 count down)
DB French press: 50x6, 55x6 (2 count down, 2 hold at bottom)
DB drop curls: 40x6, 40x6 (drop at half way, all the way up, than 2 count down)
EZ bar reverse curl: 95x6, 115x6 (2 hold at top, 2 count down)
Heavy band tri ext: black bandx6, blackx6 (2 hold at top, 3 count down)
DB Cubans: 30x6, 40x6
1/2 Cubans: 20x8, 25x8

Crushed some PRs lifting than I did a speed and agility workout for about an hour and a half.

Extended shuttle: 6 sets 90 sec rest in between
(5 yards and back then 5 clap push-ups, 10 yards and back, then 5 vertical jumps for height, 15 yards and back, 15 yards and back. That's 1 set.)
Heavy band runs: 30 sec at a time, 6 sets

By the end my legs were torched and I just about yakked. Found it in me to run two 300 yard shuttles yet. I normally do a 300 yard shuttle in about 68 seconds.

300 yard shuttle works like this. 25 yards up and 25 yards back, 6 times. That makes 300 yards. It really kills the legs with all the stopping and starting.

Ran the first one in 63 seconds, rested 2 minutes, and ran the second one in 65 seconds. Both personal bests and both after 2 hours of working out. I was so shocked I remeasured the 25 yards and was thinking maybe I skipped a trip up and back, but my training partner assured me I didn't.

I feel pretty amazing right now. Gonna finish up my post workout meal. Grab a casein shake and get to bed. Hope the intensity carries over to tomorrow's training session.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's some heavy duty shyte right there :)

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Side note, just got a couple tubs of Cell Shock from supplementwarehouse.com for $22. It was out of stock on NutraPlanet so supplement warehouse price matched it. Hope I'm as amazed with the results as I am with the price.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Side note, just got a couple tubs of Cell Shock from supplementwarehouse.com for $22. It was out of stock on NutraPlanet so supplement warehouse price matched it. Hope I'm as amazed with the results as I am with the price.
nice!
great product, and obviously i'll advise the 2 scoops for you
my goals are a bit different than yours, so i'll be dropping it in favor of Crea-Trona before too long :sad:
cannot go wrong with either one, and price-point on both is awesome ;)

good stuff in here!

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Another couple hectic days at work.

Wednesday night I did a pretty intense running session. Ran stadium stairs, 4 sets with 1 foot on each bleacher, as many trips up and down as I could get in 30 seconds. 30 seconds rest and back at it. Then I did 4 sets of bunny hops up the bleachers, as many trips as I could make in 30 sec. Followed that up with heavy band resisted runs in the sand. By the end my legs felt like jello and every fiber of my being wanted to walk out of the gym...but the preworkout kicked in and I decided to do a core workout with my buddy.

Band Crunches: 6 arms extended with a 4 count back, 6 normal band crunches with a 2 count back, and 6 crunches, no count with no band...that's 1 set.
Band lockouts to woodchops: 10 sec iso, 10 woodchops with a 2 count back, that's 1 set. Did 3 sets of that.
Hanging band resisted garhammers: hang from pullup bar, heavy band around my feet, bring knees to chest, hold for 2 and back down, 10 reps is 1 set. 3 sets of that.
Flat lat flexion with presses: Lay on my side with someone sitting on my legs on a bench, extended my arms with a 15lb DB, held that position for 8 seconds then did 8 reps of bring my arms back behind my head and extending again. That's 1 set. 3 sets of that.
Roman chair med ball abduction holds: On the leg raise station/dip bar, squeeze 20 lb med ball between your knees, bring knees to chest hold for 2, down for 2 for 12 reps. That's 1 set. Finished with 3 sets of that.

I know it's pretty uncommon to have an entire day devoted to core, but let me tell you, you'll be sore in core muscles you never knew you had. Plus core strength is really important in my sport.

Today I did my final week of the strength phase for legs.

BB Squats w/ 2 count down: 315x8, 355x6, 465x4, 425x6, 395x8 (nearly passed out on the last set)
Good Mornings w/ 3 count down: 145x8, 155x8, 155x8
Glute Hams w/ 4 count down: 35x6, 35x6, 35x6
BB Walking Lunges: 175x20, 185x20, 185x20
Single leg lying leg curls w/ 3 count down: 97.5x8, 105x8, 105x8
Sled pulls on tiptoes for 12 sec, 5 sets: 1600 lbs again (I ran out of 45lb plates in the gym and the sled won't hold anymore)

Legs are actually feeling pretty good. They've got their a$$ kicked this week though with all the running added into my workouts.

Chest/Back tomorrow, I'll check back in then. Just started my last bottle of the 1-Andro

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow that's a ton of work...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This guy is putting in work!

Chad have you thought about entering our transformation contest? A little added motiivation and maybe u could be our new fitness model!

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Thanks guys and I'd definitely be interested in that Montego. What are the details?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys and I'd definitely be interested in that Montego. What are the details?
Head over to our website and it is under contest tab at the top. Details are there also.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Long time no talk gentleman. Been doing a lot of traveling lately so I haven't really had the time to sit down and do a thorough update, didn't wanna half a$$ it either. So I'm gonna have a lot to say so I apologize for this post's lengthiness.

Thursday 6/13:
I finished my last week of the strength phase for legs. All my numbers were way up from week 1.

Squats: 315x8, 365x6, 445x4, 405x6, 365x8
Good Mornings: 145x8, 145x8, 155x8
Glute/ Ham Holds: 35x6, 35x6, 35x6
Walking BB Lunges: 185x20, 185x20, 185x20
Single Leg Lying Leg Curls: 105x8 each leg, 105x8, 110x6
Sled Pulls on toes: 1600 lbs x12 seconds, for 5 sets.

Finished up my last torso workout on Friday the 14th.

Bench Press Isos: 405 w/ an 8 second holdx2, 405 for 8 sec x2
Bench Press: 275x8, 285x8, 295x8
Semi-Sup Pullups: BWx8, BWx8, 15lb DBx8, 20x8, 25x6
Barrel Bar Bench: 275x8, 285x7, 295x6
Wide Pro Lat Pulldowns: 165x8, 165x8, 165x7
Inertia Side Lat Raises: 25x8, 25x8, 27x8
BB Shrugs: 405x8, 405x8, 405x8
All the counts and every other detail is in my other post, didn't feel like adding all the counts and stuff in this post.

Finished up my strength phase arms on Monday.
Weighted Dips: 75x8, 85x8, 100x6
Barrel Bar Curls: 105x8, 115x8, 115x8
DB French Press: 50x8, 50x8, 55x8
DB Drop Curls: 35x8, 35x8, 40x8
EZ Bar Reverse Curls: 95x8, 105x8, 115x7
Heavy Band Tri Ext: Blackx8, blackx8, blackx8
Full Cubans: 35x8, 35x8, 40x8
1/2 Cubans: 20x10, 20x10, 20x10

I also did a lot of running after my lifts. Very similar to the running workouts I outlined earlier.

I did my core workout yesterday, exactly the same as the one I mentioned last week.

Today I started a new hypertrophy phase. It's called a 6, 12, 24 workout. It's 3 clusters of tri-sets. The pumps are unbelievable and the growth benefits of this workout are also incredible. This is the phase I was really looking forward to to pack on some more size.

Here's the workout in detail... Did legs today.

The first cluster looks like this...

Heavy Banded Squats for 6 reps with a 5 count down, 10 seconds rest, Hex Bar Deadlifts for 12 reps with a 3 count down, 10 seconds rest, and 24 DB Box Squats for 24 reps as fast as I can do them or until I collapse, whichever happens first. I repeat this cluster 3 times with 2 minutes rest between each of the 3 sets. The banded squats are especially tough, you take some heavy bands, wrap them around the base of the squat rack and loop them around the bar. The tension is greatest at the top of the squat, gets easier as you descend, and re-intensifies on the way back up, it's a killer. By the end of each set your legs should be on fire and feel like jello. The weights looked like this...

Banded Squats: 225+the bandx6, 225x6, 245x6
Trap Bar DL: 225x12, 225x12, 245x12
DB Box Squats: 2 30lb DBs x24, 30x24, 30x24

Here's the second cluster...
BB RDLs with a 5 count down for 6 reps, 10 seconds rest, right into Lying Leg Curls for 12 reps with a 3 count down, 10 seconds rest, then 2 Leg Bosu Ball Hip Ups for 24 reps and no count. The hip ups are performed with your heels dug into the bosu ball while lying on your back, you then thrust your hips skyward as explosively as possible. This wasn't quite as bad as the first cluster but it was still difficult and my legs were shot from the squats.

Weights...
BB RDLs: 185x6, 185x6, 185x6
Lying Leg Curls: 150x12, 157.5x12, 170x12
Bosu Hip Ups: BWx24, BWx24, BWx24

The third and final cluster...
Heavy Med Ball Abductions, hold for 5 seconds for 6 reps, 10 seconds rest, belted calf raises, hold for 3 seconds at the top for 12 reps, 10 seconds rest, band adductions for 24 reps and no count. For the Med Ball Abductions, place a med ball between your knees, squeeze and try to pop it while holding for 5 seconds at a time. For the Band Adductions, place a heavy band around your knees in the seated position, spread your knees as fast as possible for 24 reps, this should obliterate your hip flexors. Just be careful not to crush your nuts...

Weights:
Med Ball Squeezes: 20lb Med Ballx6, 20x6, 20x6
Belt Calf Raises: 3 45lb plates on the belt, so 135x12, 135x12, 135x12
Band Add.: Heavy Bandx24, bandx24, bandx24

After these workouts running is a remote possibility. By the end standing was a near impossibility and I had to just sit on the floor and chill before I felt comfortable enough to hop in my truck and drive home without cramping. I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and get my run in no matter how stiff I'm feeling.

Diet has been on point and I'm having minimal sides. Weight is pushing 280...

I'll make sure I check back in tomorrow after my 6, 12, 24 torso workout...If I can manage to type without my shoulders cramping.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big update right there. I still enjoy therese athlete training programs. A big workload for certain.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. May be a big workload but it never seems like it's enough. Someone is always out there getting better, can't let 'em one up me.

Shoulders, chest, and back are absolutely torched right now. Just finished up my 6, 12, 24 torso workout. My whole upper-body is still twitching and it's been about 2 hours since I lifted and I still can't feel my fingers from the insane pump I had. There came a point in this workout where the lactic acid was built up so much all I wanted to do was crawl out the door...but sometimes you just have to grit your teeth, suck it up, and just lift. Today was one of those days.

First tri-set...Incline Bench Press with a 5 count down for 6 reps, 10 seconds rest, Flat Bench Semi-Sup DB Press with a 3 count down for 12 reps, 10 seconds rest, Heavy Band Standing Chest Press for 24 reps as fast as possible. Rest 2 minutes and repeat this 2 more times. The first two exercises aren't really that bad, but the last set of the band presses almost floored me. After each set it took a minute until I could fully unbend my arms.

Weights looked like this...
Incline Bench Press: 185x6, 205x6, 225x6 (Could definitely have done more, kind of disappointed looking back now that I didn't push myself harder.)
Flat Bench Semi-Sup DB Press: 70x12, 75x12, 80x12
Standing Band Chest Press: Blue Bandsx24, Bluex24, Bluex24 (Kind of tough to explain how tough the bands were since I can't throw a number out there but the blue bands are about a half-inch thick.)

Second Tri-Set...this was actually the worse 3 exercises of the whole workout. Forearms felt huge and I couldn't bend my fingers the entire time this tri-set was going on. I did Wide-Pro Grip Pullups for a 5 count down for 6 reps, 10 seconds rest, Semi-Sup Lat Pulldowns for a 3 count back up and 12 reps, 10 seconds rest, Wide Pro Grip Cable Rows for 24 reps as fast as possible. Can't begin to describe how much of a pump this gave me.

Weights...
Wide Pro Grip Pullups: BWx6, BWx6, BWx6
Semi-Sup Lat Pulldowns: 150x10, 130x12. 117.5x12 ( I hate going down in weight but I feel like the pump was almost like an enemy here, as the set went on I started to lose my range of motion for some reason, can't think of another explanation.)
Wide Pro Grip Cable Rows: 70x24, 70x24, 70x24

Last tri set...Banded BB Shrugs hold for 5 seconds at the top for 6 reps, 10 seconds rest, DB Poliquins for a 3 count down and 12 reps (kind of like a lat raise but a lot tougher, Band Upright Rows for 24 reps as fast as possible (Stand on a resistance band and simply perform an upright rowing motion). The Banded BB Shrugs were the killer here. Used some pretty heavily resistant bands. At the top of the shrug you have the bands really pulling down on the bar making the exercise about 25 times harder. With the bands on the bar, 135 felt way more than the 365 I did last week.

Weights...
Banded BB Shrugs: 135+double looped blue bandsx6, 135x6, 135x6
DB Poliquins: 15x12, 20x12, 25x12
Band Upright Rows: Bluex24, Bluex24, Bluex24

Finished lifting and did some heavy sled pushes for speed. 600 pounds for 20 yards and then a 20 yard sprint back. 6 sets of that with 90 seconds rest in between. Then some pro shuttles (5/10/5 shuttle). 6 sets of those. Running was a struggle due to my leg day yesterday but I knew I'd regret leaving the gym without running.

Tomorrow is 6,12, 24 arms day...wish me luck.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not so sure you need luck at this point. I think I'll be taking pages out of your book fine sir.

DIPLOMAT

Awards
Just stepped on the scale...282! Granted I just ate 16oz. of steak, a sweet potato and a salad but still... THAT'S 25 POUNDS IN 6 WEEKS! Some of it is probably water weight, but I think I actually look better now with the added poundage. Muscles look fuller and I'm more vascular.