CEL M Test & SNS Inhibit E - 8 Week Log

rob111

Awards
First of all, thanks to Steve AKA sns8778 for all the valuable information he has given to me regarding these supplements before I decided to stack them 👌

I’m 36, been training since I was 20 and used various natural supplements along the way.

Due to illness towards the end of last year I stopped training and went from 165lbs to 184lbs in around 6 months. Since May I’ve lost roughly 25lbs down to 159lbs, due to a calorie deficit and a lot of steps each day.

Goals from this stack will be to increase strength, dry out and become more vascular. I have always held fat around my chest and would like to get especially lean here if it’s possible.

Other supplements:
Preworkout
Creatine
Vit D
Vit C
Glucosamine
Cod liver oil

Training split:
Chest & Triceps
Legs
Back & Biceps
Rest
Shoulders
Arms
Rest

I average 15,000 - 20,000 steps per day and add 2 sets of 20 hanging leg raises for abs in at the end of each workout.

Macros are roughly 2400 cals per day, 40% Protein - 45% Carbs - 15% Fats.

First doses taken this morning and a solid shoulder workout involving a lot of side delt work and pressing.

Thanks to everyone who subs (y)

rob111

Awards
Thought I would post a typical days nutrition for me, which is approx 2400 Cals

6am
Gym before work

7am - Breakfast Shake (450 Cals)
8 Egg Whites
40g Spinach
60g Oats
15g Honey
1 Scoop PBN Protein

10am (220 Cals)
100g Tuna
Banana

12pm - Lunch (350 Cals)
100g Cooked Chicken Breast
100g Cooked rice
80g Green Veg

3pm - Overnight Oats (470 Cals)
60g Oats
175g Fat Free Yogurt
1 Scoop PBN Protein
5G Chia Seeds
100ml Milk
50g Raspberries

6pm - Dinner (Around 700 Cals)
Usually chilli, stir fry or chicken thighs, so normally around 150g meat with rice or potatoes and vegetables

10pm - Pre bed meal (200 Cals)
160g Yogurt
Half Scoop PBN Protein
50g Raspberries

If anyone has any suggestions or alterations feel free to critique!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Congratulations on your weight loss and progress so far in getting started back.

Thank you for the kind words. I'll be following a long and glad to help in any way that I can.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very lean. You have great definition.

rob111

Awards
Very lean. You have great definition.
When I look at pictures of myself, although I know how far I’ve come in the last few months losing 20+ lbs, I struggle to see anything other than negatives, so I appreciate your comment!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I look at pictures of myself, although I know how far I’ve come in the last few months losing 20+ lbs, I struggle to see anything other than negatives, so I appreciate your comment!
I know how that is - its a matter of self perception and how we view ourselves; just like we don't see the small consistent changes over time because we see ourselves every day.

I've had people tell me I look like a different person than I did earlier this year but its hard to notice the changes in myself bc I'm so critical of myself and I tend to focus more on what I want to look like rather than how far I've come from what I looked like when I'd gotten so out of share after my accident. I actually probably do my best when I just stop weighing, measuring, and try to make myself stop analyzing my progress on a regular basis and just go through the process.

rob111

Awards
Completely agree with you there, despite how far I’ve come, I look at others and wonder I’m not at the stage they are, but I know it’s in my head and I need to be happy with what I’m achieving.

2 places I struggle with holding fat are my chest, and the sides/back of my waist. If anyone has any tips for reducing fat here or different training methods please share. I also feel my chest isn’t very defined despite being fairly strong on chest exercises, for example 37.5kg dumbell press for 7-8 reps, 90kg bench for 5-6 reps.

I often wonder whether I should add a second chest day into my week as I feel it’s lagging, but unsure if this would help or hinder me.

Im ready for anyone’s opinions or tips 👍🏻

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Completely agree with you there, despite how far I’ve come, I look at others and wonder I’m not at the stage they are, but I know it’s in my head and I need to be happy with what I’m achieving.

2 places I struggle with holding fat are my chest, and the sides/back of my waist. If anyone has any tips for reducing fat here or different training methods please share. I also feel my chest isn’t very defined despite being fairly strong on chest exercises, for example 37.5kg dumbell press for 7-8 reps, 90kg bench for 5-6 reps.

I often wonder whether I should add a second chest day into my week as I feel it’s lagging, but unsure if this would help or hinder me.

What is your training consist of? Full body, 4day split, PPl etc?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

rob111

Awards
Good job on your progress to by the way! Your starting pictures look great and like Steve said you have good definition!
Hey man appreciate it!

My training is as follows:

Chest & Triceps
Legs
Back & Biceps
Rest
Shoulders
Arms
Rest

Usual workouts consist of 4 or 5 exercises, 8-15 rep range, 90 secs rest, around 1 hour of training. I’ll give an example of my Chest & Triceps workout this week:

2 Sets of 30 press ups

Flat Dumbell Press
15kg x 15
25kg x 12
30kg x 10
35kg x 7
35kg x 6

Incline Barbell Press
40kg x 15
50kg x 12
60kg x 9
60kg x 8

Dumbell Flyes
15kg x 15
17.5kg x 12
17.5kg x 12

Dips
Body weight x 15
Plus 10kg plate x 8
Plus 10kg plate x 7

Tricep Skullcrushers with EZ Bar
10kg + bar x 15
15kg + bar x 12
20kg + bar x 10
25kg + bar x 9

Other workouts are structured very similar with sets and reps

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey man appreciate it!

My training is as follows:

Chest & Triceps
Legs
Back & Biceps
Rest
Shoulders
Arms
Rest

Usual workouts consist of 4 or 5 exercises, 8-15 rep range, 90 secs rest, around 1 hour of training. I’ll give an example of my Chest & Triceps workout this week:

2 Sets of 30 press ups

Flat Dumbell Press
15kg x 15
25kg x 12
30kg x 10
35kg x 7
35kg x 6

Incline Barbell Press
40kg x 15
50kg x 12
60kg x 9
60kg x 8

Dumbell Flyes
15kg x 15
17.5kg x 12
17.5kg x 12

Dips
Body weight x 15
Plus 10kg plate x 8
Plus 10kg plate x 7

Tricep Skullcrushers with EZ Bar
10kg + bar x 15
15kg + bar x 12
20kg + bar x 10
25kg + bar x 9

Other workouts are structured very similar with sets and reps
I'm always hesitant to give training advice because different ways work best for different people.

For me, I do much better in the 8 to 12 rep range and my split is different than some people's.

Mine is Legs, Chest/Back, Shoulders, Legs, Arms.

There are times where I change it around based on what I want to prioritize. Right now, that's legs because my shin snapped and came out of my leg in my accident last year, so its as much about trying to build back up functional strength as for physique purposes.

I average 12 to 16 sets for a body-part with the exception being shoulders, I do more sets on shoulders because I do 10 to 12 sets that target shoulders in general and then around 4 sets that target the specific front, side, and rear delts.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Everyone is going to have problem areas - where fat just seems to come off of last, or not come off of at all until we're extremely lean.

For me, I don't care to be super lean bc I don't like how I look very lean. Right now, I'm trying to lose some fat but have no interest in getting as lean as some people try to, because my face looks super sunk in by the time I can get there. So a lot of it is just finding out how our bodies respond and look at certain body-fat levels.

For what you're explaining about problem fat areas, especially love handles - my suggestions besides what you're already taking would be Reduce XT or Suppress-C for cortisol reduction which can help a lot with midsection fat, and also to try Ab-Solved because it can help a lot with problem areas like love handles.

For chest training, I focus primarily on dumbbell work - flat bench dumbbells, incline dumbbells, and low incline dumbbells. If you really want to change things up, do those 3 in an a1, a2, a3 system. For anyone that doesn't know what that means, if you're doing 3 sets of each, instead of doing 3 sets of one, then 3 sets of the next, you would designate flat dumbbells as a1, incline as a2, low incline as a3, and you would do one set of flat, one set of incline, and one set of low incline, and then repeat. This helps with pre-exhaustion in different areas and helps bring up weaker areas.

Whether to add a second chest day - whether it would hurt or help - really depends on your recovery. If I were going to do that if I were you, I would do it when you plan on using something like Pepti-Plex, Recovery Fix, or Phosphatidic Acid XT.

Like for me right now, my level of training would probably be way overkill if I wasn't using those.

rob111

Awards
Everyone is going to have problem areas - where fat just seems to come off of last, or not come off of at all until we're extremely lean.

For me, I don't care to be super lean bc I don't like how I look very lean. Right now, I'm trying to lose some fat but have no interest in getting as lean as some people try to, because my face looks super sunk in by the time I can get there. So a lot of it is just finding out how our bodies respond and look at certain body-fat levels.

For what you're explaining about problem fat areas, especially love handles - my suggestions besides what you're already taking would be Reduce XT or Suppress-C for cortisol reduction which can help a lot with midsection fat, and also to try Ab-Solved because it can help a lot with problem areas like love handles.

For chest training, I focus primarily on dumbbell work - flat bench dumbbells, incline dumbbells, and low incline dumbbells. If you really want to change things up, do those 3 in an a1, a2, a3 system. For anyone that doesn't know what that means, if you're doing 3 sets of each, instead of doing 3 sets of one, then 3 sets of the next, you would designate flat dumbbells as a1, incline as a2, low incline as a3, and you would do one set of flat, one set of incline, and one set of low incline, and then repeat. This helps with pre-exhaustion in different areas and helps bring up weaker areas.

Whether to add a second chest day - whether it would hurt or help - really depends on your recovery. If I were going to do that if I were you, I would do it when you plan on using something like Pepti-Plex, Recovery Fix, or Phosphatidic Acid XT.

Like for me right now, my level of training would probably be way overkill if I wasn't using those.
Appreciate the advice 👍🏻 I will take a look at Reduce XT and Suppress C, will also take a look at a1, a2, a3 training too.

With regard to the second chest day, lately I honestly don’t want to take rest days. I have to almost force myself to take them. When I’m on a rest day I just want to get in the gym and train, I don’t feel like I have any issues recovering, I’m not sure why this is.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Appreciate the advice 👍🏻 I will take a look at Reduce XT and Suppress C, will also take a look at a1, a2, a3 training too.

With regard to the second chest day, lately I honestly don’t want to take rest days. I have to almost force myself to take them. When I’m on a rest day I just want to get in the gym and train, I don’t feel like I have any issues recovering, I’m not sure why this is.
Well I would say if you wanted to add a second chest day I don’t think it’s going to be a problem, based on you saying recovery has not been an issue. This could change as you increase weight/reps etc.

Also fatigue over the long run. For example I use RP hyper trophy app for workouts and I’m doing 4 day full body. Mon/tue rest thur/fri I build out a 4 week meso cycle 3 weeks I build up week 4 I de load. Then I build a new meso cycle increase weight carry on etc. etc.

rob111

Awards
Trained chest & triceps this morning, thought I would incorporate the a1, a2, a3 supersetting method:

a1 - Incline dumbell press
a2 - Low incline dumbell press
a3 - Flat dumbell press

No rest between these and then 2 minute rest after a3 to then begin a1 again

Set 1 - 10kg dumbells
a1 - 20 reps
a2 - 20 reps
a3 - 20 reps

Set 2 - 15kg dumbells
a1 - 16 reps
a2 - 16 reps
a3 - 15 reps

Set 3 - 20kg dumbells
a1 - 14 reps
a2 - 10 reps
a3 - 12 reps

Set 4 - 25kg dumbells
a1 - 8 reps
a2 - 6 reps
a3 - 9 reps

Flat Dumbell Flyes
15kg x 15
17.5kg x 13
17.5kg x 12

Dips
Body weight x 15
+ 10kg plate x 10
+ 10 kg plate x 9

Overhead Dumbell Tricep Press
17.5kg x 20
25kg x 15
30kg x 12
35kg x 9

Chest felt absolutely ruined after that, and has been cramping up a lot since! Not feeling any different at all yet with regard to the stack, although I’m not expecting to until at least a week.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
although I’m not expecting to until at least a week.
Yep it's going to take a little to start noticing the effects/results. Nice workout!

rob111

Awards
Managed to get a decent set of scales and weighed myself this morning.

Starting weight: 154.1lbs

I’m unsure if my calorie deficit is too much?! I last weighed myself 5 weeks ago and I was 157.6lbs, I’ve continued with 2400 cals per day, so works out roughly a 0.7lb loss each week, worried I’m losing muscle but I do want to continue stripping fat, at what stage do you say I need to stop losing weight?!

I don’t have a lot of experience in cutting like this to know what to do to be honest, as I’ve never really done a proper deficit before. I’m also doing no additional cardio right now, just making sure I average 15,000 steps per day.

I’m inclined to continue what I’m doing but any advice on this would be welcome.

6am Fasted Back & Biceps this morning

Pull-ups to failure
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 11
Bodyweight x 11
Bodyweight x 11

1 Arm dumbell rows
17.5kg x 15
25kg x 12
35kg x 10
37.5kg x 10

T Bar rows
20kg x 12
30kg x 11
40kg x 8
40kg x 9

Incline hammer curls to failure
15kg x 15
15kg x 15
15kg x 12
15kg x 14

Good workout, felt pretty strong 💪

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
By those numbers I’d say your maintenance calories w that level of output would be 2700-2800 cal per day.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And if you are trying to lean out .7lbs a week is near ideal.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Managed to get a decent set of scales and weighed myself this morning.

Starting weight: 154.1lbs

I’m unsure if my calorie deficit is too much?! I last weighed myself 5 weeks ago and I was 157.6lbs, I’ve continued with 2400 cals per day, so works out roughly a 0.7lb loss each week, worried I’m losing muscle but I do want to continue stripping fat, at what stage do you say I need to stop losing weight?!

I don’t have a lot of experience in cutting like this to know what to do to be honest, as I’ve never really done a proper deficit before. I’m also doing no additional cardio right now, just making sure I average 15,000 steps per day.

I’m inclined to continue what I’m doing but any advice on this would be welcome.

6am Fasted Back & Biceps this morning

Pull-ups to failure
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 11
Bodyweight x 11
Bodyweight x 11

1 Arm dumbell rows
17.5kg x 15
25kg x 12
35kg x 10
37.5kg x 10

T Bar rows
20kg x 12
30kg x 11
40kg x 8
40kg x 9

Incline hammer curls to failure
15kg x 15
15kg x 15
15kg x 12
15kg x 14

Good workout, felt pretty strong 💪
I am in the same boat. “When do I stop” was my concern. You can keep diet the way it is and when that stalls you can tap into cardio. I screwed up by dropping too many calories and doing a lot of cardio right away so I ran out of “next steps”. Then I had to slowly scale back on cardio and diet. I figured out maintenance calls for 190. I’m still not lean but if I drop anymore weight I need all new pants for work and outside of work.

rob111

Awards
I am in the same boat. “When do I stop” was my concern. You can keep diet the way it is and when that stalls you can tap into cardio. I screwed up by dropping too many calories and doing a lot of cardio right away so I ran out of “next steps”. Then I had to slowly scale back on cardio and diet. I figured out maintenance calls for 190. I’m still not lean but if I drop anymore weight I need all new pants for work and outside of work.
Good advice, so I do still have the option to add cardio into the mix once the weight loss stalls.

Funny you should say that, all my trousers are on the loose side now, I’m having to add in extra holes in my belts and my jogger pants are needing to be tied up so they don’t fall down.

T shirts are not fitting as snug around the arms which is annoying though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
.7lbs a week is perfectly fine. Anything up to 1% of bodyweight per week isn't too extreme.

As far as when do you stop? That is really all up to you. Know the further you go the harder it will be to hold that new point and/or the more time you'll have to spend trying to make that closer to a new set point, but don't take that in a negative way just use it to be informed. Everyone's journey and preferences are different. :)

rob111

Awards
.7lbs a week is perfectly fine. Anything up to 1% of bodyweight per week isn't too extreme.

As far as when do you stop? That is really all up to you. Know the further you go the harder it will be to hold that new point and/or the more time you'll have to spend trying to make that closer to a new set point, but don't take that in a negative way just use it to be informed. Everyone's journey and preferences are different. :)
Thanks, appreciate the advice 👍🏻

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Very well said.

I was catching up on the thread and was going to reply about everyone being different and the when to stop or scale back being a personal decision for everyone and you phrased it perfectly.

rob111

Awards
Appreciate all the comments so far!

5.30am today - Fasted leg workout

Leg Extensions

20kg x 20
30kg x 15
35kg x 12
35kg x 11 - Drop set 20kg x 14

Leg Press
50kg x 20
100kg x 15
120kg x 14
125kg x 20 (Paused after 15 got another 5 somehow 😬 - burning)

Hamstring Curls
20kg x 20
30kg x 14
35kg x 11
35kg x 10

Leg Press Calf Raises
40kg x 25
60kg x 15
60kg x 14
60kg x 12

When training legs it’s hard to go HEAVY on leg press/hack squat, I have a converted garage so that is my gym. I have a commercial hack squat/leg press machine but need to buy some more weight plates as I only have enough to go up to 125kg hence the higher rep range.

Day 6 of M Test & Inhibit E today, and last night I noticed a bit of a jump in my libido, strange as I kind of thought hang on, I’m feeling a certain way, also a bit more aggression than usual in the gym this morning. If I didn’t need to leave for work at 6.30am I would have stayed and done some more leg work.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You mentioned needing to get more weights and it affecting your leg press, something that I do a lot is one leg leg presses.

If you've never tried that, it is great but make sure to go for form, not weight. And also, don't think that because using one leg you can go half the weight that you would normally do on leg press. Most people find that they want to warm up with a fairly low weight to get their form right and leg loosened up for this particular exercise.

I've been trying to build my legs back up from the accident where I broke my right leg really bad. I rarely do regular leg presses anymore because my left would be so much stronger than my right.

Right now, I'm doing 10 sets of one leg leg presses. If you want to be particularly grueling, do one set with the right, one set with the left, then immediately back to right, immediately back to left - and then take a break for 1 to 2 minutes and repeat. That way, you're essentially doing 2 sets in one set. You right leg would technically be taking a break while your left leg is doing the set, and vice versa.

rob111

Awards
You mentioned needing to get more weights and it affecting your leg press, something that I do a lot is one leg leg presses.

If you've never tried that, it is great but make sure to go for form, not weight. And also, don't think that because using one leg you can go half the weight that you would normally do on leg press. Most people find that they want to warm up with a fairly low weight to get their form right and leg loosened up for this particular exercise.

I've been trying to build my legs back up from the accident where I broke my right leg really bad. I rarely do regular leg presses anymore because my left would be so much stronger than my right.

Right now, I'm doing 10 sets of one leg leg presses. If you want to be particularly grueling, do one set with the right, one set with the left, then immediately back to right, immediately back to left - and then take a break for 1 to 2 minutes and repeat. That way, you're essentially doing 2 sets in one set. You right leg would technically be taking a break while your left leg is doing the set, and vice versa.
Cheers Steve I hadn’t thought of doing that, I will give this a go next leg session 👌🏻

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cheers Steve I hadn’t thought of doing that, I will give this a go next leg session 👌🏻
You're very welcome. Let me know how you like it.

I train differently than a lot of people here do; there's no right way or wrong way most of the time, its just finding what works best for you. I've tried a lot of different training styles in my life and that's one thing I promised myself starting back this time after my accident was that I was going to go back to what worked best for me. My training now is set up around trying to gain the maximum amount of muscle possible and also for legs, on maximum range of motion training.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Depending on your set up you could also potentially get some bands to loop on the leg press.

Single leg presses though can be brutal (in a good way).

rob111

Awards
Wednesday 5.30am fasted arm workout

Incline Curls/Skullcrushers Supersets

10kg x 15 Curls
10kg + EZ x 15 Skullcrushers

15kg x 13 Curls
15kg + EZ x 12 Skullcrushers

17.5kg x 12 Curls
20kg + EZ x 11 Skullcrushers

17.5kg x 13 then drop set 10kg x 20 Curls
25kg + EZ x 10 Skullcrushers

1 Arm Preacher Curl
10kg x 15
15kg x 12
15kg x 11
15kg x 10

Close Grip Bench
40kg x 15
50kg x 12
55kg x 10
55kg x 9

Slept really well last night. Usually wake for a P in the night but slept 6 hours straight til my alarm.

Also could be a placebo but thought I looked visibly leaner this morning, will try and get progress pics tomorrow and compare weekly.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wednesday 5.30am fasted arm workout

Incline Curls/Skullcrushers Supersets

10kg x 15 Curls
10kg + EZ x 15 Skullcrushers

15kg x 13 Curls
15kg + EZ x 12 Skullcrushers

17.5kg x 12 Curls
20kg + EZ x 11 Skullcrushers

17.5kg x 13 then drop set 10kg x 20 Curls
25kg + EZ x 10 Skullcrushers

1 Arm Preacher Curl
10kg x 15
15kg x 12
15kg x 11
15kg x 10

Close Grip Bench
40kg x 15
50kg x 12
55kg x 10
55kg x 9

Slept really well last night. Usually wake for a P in the night but slept 6 hours straight til my alarm.

Also could be a placebo but thought I looked visibly leaner this morning, will try and get progress pics tomorrow and compare weekly.
When ever you log weight or measurement or bf consistency is key. ESP if your scale does body fat. I weigh myself every morning, fasted, after a coffe, trip to bathroom and a shower. I know my weight and bf fluctuate due to hydration and amount of food I have in me. Keeping track of things when you are in the same “state” allows you to set a baseline or starting point and go from there. I know my scale isn’t super accurate for tracking bf but I know if I do it the same way each time I create a baseline and have accurate data. I know I’m not 22% like the scale says but I also know that if it goes down week over week I’ve made progress.

rob111

Awards
When ever you log weight or measurement or bf consistency is key. ESP if your scale does body fat. I weigh myself every morning, fasted, after a coffe, trip to bathroom and a shower. I know my weight and bf fluctuate due to hydration and amount of food I have in me. Keeping track of things when you are in the same “state” allows you to set a baseline or starting point and go from there. I know my scale isn’t super accurate for tracking bf but I know if I do it the same way each time I create a baseline and have accurate data. I know I’m not 22% like the scale says but I also know that if it goes down week over week I’ve made progress.
I weigh myself on a Monday after pre workout and a visit to the bathroom, should I be weighing myself every day for accuracy?

rob111

Awards
Day 9 of M Test & Inhibit E

I feel I am looking a little leaner? Or may be a placebo this early on. I took some pics last night so on day 8, will upload them soon.

5.30am fasted shoulders workout

Due to a previous injury when shoulder pressing, I don’t go mega heavy on shoulders, I go for a lower weight for slightly higher reps and go for very strict and slow form pretty much to failure.

45 Degree Plate Lateral Raises
2.5kg Plates x 35 Warm up
5kg Plates x 30 (sets)

Seated Dumbell Press
10kg x 20
15kg x 15
20kg x 14 (x2 Sets)

Standing Side Raises (With Partials)
7.5kg x 30-35 (x3 Sets) 1 Minute rest between sets

Standing Front Plate Raises
15kg plate x 20-25 (x3 Sets)

One thing I’m noticing that I didn’t have before, is I am waking up with a very dry mouth?! I’m actively trying to drink more water than usual, around 4 litres a day. Drying out effects maybe? Urinating more than usual but put that down to drinking more.

Feeling very motivated and energetic in the gym too like I can just keep going.

rob111

Awards
Appreciate it!

Used MyFitnessPal to track calories yesterday and realised I am averaging about 2500 cals rather than 2400 cals… got some advice a while back from an experience bodybuilder who said max 2400 cals for a cut, and even that’s high.

I know everyone responds differently but a should I be trying to cut that extra 100 cals to drop down further?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Appreciate it!

Used MyFitnessPal to track calories yesterday and realised I am averaging about 2500 cals rather than 2400 cals… got some advice a while back from an experience bodybuilder who said max 2400 cals for a cut, and even that’s high.

I know everyone responds differently but a should I be trying to cut that extra 100 cals to drop down further?
Well, caloric intake should be based on the individual. So to set a max limit for a cut is pretty strange. If you are dropping at a steady rate at your current intake, then stick to it. Ideally you want to be eating as much as possible for as long as possible. If you drop too low too fast then it will become hard to maintain.

rob111

Awards
Well, caloric intake should be based on the individual. So to set a max limit for a cut is pretty strange. If you are dropping at a steady rate at your current intake, then stick to it. Ideally you want to be eating as much as possible for as long as possible. If you drop too low too fast then it will become hard to maintain.
This is what I thought (y)

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is what I thought (y)
Echoing @TheMrMuscle ’s point. If what you are doing is working keep it status quo. When I was cutting I dropped a meal and went from zero cardio to 5days a week 45 min LISS treadmill on an incline. Dropped weight fast and stalled fast. I was eating 1750 cals at 210lbs. ZERO ENERGY. I could fall asleep doing flat bench.

Keep that .7lb loss a week going for you. It’s a marathon not a sprint. As that slows add cardio, do cardio for 30 min 3 times a week. Once that stalls add 5 min to each session. Then maybe add a 4th day. Then maybe drop 300-500 cals a day. Etc etc etc. these small tweaks all add up to consistent progress over time. I think you get my point. Basically dont exhaust all your options right out of the gate.

rob111

Awards
Echoing @TheMrMuscle ’s point. If what you are doing is working keep it status quo. When I was cutting I dropped a meal and went from zero cardio to 5days a week 45 min LISS treadmill on an incline. Dropped weight fast and stalled fast. I was eating 1750 cals at 210lbs. ZERO ENERGY. I could fall asleep doing flat bench.

Keep that .7lb loss a week going for you. It’s a marathon not a sprint. As that slows add cardio, do cardio for 30 min 3 times a week. Once that stalls add 5 min to each session. Then maybe add a 4th day. Then maybe drop 300-500 cals a day. Etc etc etc. these small tweaks all add up to consistent progress over time. I think you get my point. Basically dont exhaust all your options right out of the gate.
Great advice many thanks

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I weigh myself on a Monday after pre workout and a visit to the bathroom, should I be weighing myself every day for accuracy?
That is personal preference. I weigh everyday so I can just average it all out over time, but the fluctuations can mess with some people so they do it less often. As long as you are tracking consistently and get seeing long-term progress in the right direction you are probably fine.

rob111

Awards
Update after a few busy days

Saturday

Rest & big McDonald’s dinner

Sunday
Chest & Triceps fuelled by cheat day, hit chest really hard with some nice lifts including - 35kg Flat dumbell press x 8 reps x 2 sets, Dips with a 15kg plate x 7 reps x 2 sets, great workout overall but a lot more involved than just those sets.

Today
Back & Biceps involving Bodyweight chin ups up to 15 reps, T bar rows up to 45kg, 1 arm rows up to 35kg and hammer curls up to 17.5kg, slight improvement on some weight and reps compared to last week.

Chest is extremely sore today, been stretching it a lot. Hoping back will feel like I’ve worked it well tomorrow.

Step count last week
104,478 so an average of 14,928 per day.

Legs tomorrow, going to focus on 1 leg leg presses as recommended by Steve.

Feeling overall pretty good, well-being is up I think. When I wake at 5am I am itching to get in the gym!