Cardio while bulking?

SR83

SR83

Awards
This may be a stupid question but it never made sense to me so I am just looking for answers. Howcome people do cardio while bulking and eating a ton of calories? Is there any difference in that and just eating a little less calories?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you take care of your cardio health. Unless you are going over board with excessive cardio training, there is no reason that you can't bulk too. Hell, I've put on 5-10lbs and kept a 3-4 day a week HIIT program going with heavy lifting numerous times.

SR83

SR83

Awards
Is there any point in doing a low intensity fat burning type? Like fasted cardio in morning or like walking on incline/stairclimber?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That I couldn't speak to- I don't know the meaning of fasting (lol) and I don't like cardio for the sake of cardio. I actually really enjoy HIIT and hill sprints and stair running I am a huge fan of.

SR83

SR83

Awards
That I couldn't speak to- I don't know the meaning of fasting (lol) and I don't like cardio for the sake of cardio. I actually really enjoy HIIT and hill sprints and stair running I am a huge fan of.
Fasted meaning without eating before. On an empty stomach

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do light 20-30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week fasted in the am to burn fat. Then later in the day after I lift I eat a good bit of simple carbs to build muscle.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're only going to improve your heart health by "working" your heart like any other muscles.

Improving your health and physique with fasted low intensity cardio is analogous to increasing muscle size lifting 5 lb pink weights

Br