Carbs: pre and post workout only

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
my insulin works well, i know it for sure, i recently had blood work, anyway there are so many studies online that prove that assuming R-ALA is good and healthy for many things, also it is an antioxidant one of the strongest, just to provide an example.

It does helps with the high GI foods, i am not taking it to put some kg of mass, i agree with you that it does not helps in this regard, but as i said helps with many different things.

RE gains, i am happy to "help my gains" stacking 50g of dextro/maltodextrin with proteins as post WO, that helps, that will restore my glycogen which was depleted during the WO and as a post WO, taken during the metabolic window it'll helps.

i don't automatically absorb nutrients the moment i swallow them, right, but, there is an exception which is dextrose, dextrose is digested the moment we swallow it, and for this reason taking the R-ALA with it will make a good stack.

Agmantine, yes, you mention that cause of the NO increase in the blood stream and therefore nutrients can flow much better, i usually have it with my pre WO.
as partitioning supp i am taking SNS glycophase, i cannot say it is working yet as i started 2 days ago tho.

i agree with the macros/food profile thing, that plus a good training will make us big :)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
doubtful that it would do anything enough to even add an ounce to your gains in a year. The glycemic index is not to be used for bodybuilding purposes unless you are on insulin (pro bodybuilding) and even then it's iffy. If you are active your insulin should work as intended. You don't automatically absorb nutrients the moment you swallow...Infact ...what you ate yesterday before bed is actually what's fueling you today. Ala is something from 90s bodybuilding. If you have to use a nutrient partition supplement....you're better off using agmatine. 1 g everyday. To be honest ...macros and nutrient profile of foods coupled with training is what gets people big. 99% of it. I would save money and go back to the basics.
Lol what. Monitoring insulin spikes and keeping your insulin stable is very important for cutting and gaining lean mass alike. Also ala is a great np. It won't add to your gains but it will give you a massive pump taken with your pwo meal and keeps carb bloat at bay.

I keep all my carbs peri workout and it seems to respond very well. Sitting at a lean 211lbs @ 5 ft8.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Lol what. Monitoring insulin spikes and keeping your insulin stable is very important for cutting and gaining lean mass alike. Also ala is a great np. It won't add to your gains but it will give you a massive pump taken with your pwo meal and keeps carb bloat at bay.

I keep all my carbs peri workout and it seems to respond very well. Sitting at a lean 211lbs @ 5 ft8.
yep, that is what i meant, i am taking it post and pre too but different amount.

i use to take ala then changed to R-ALA i find it more effective even reducing the amount of mg taken.

Battossi

Awards

Keeping bloodsugar stable is important. Mainly due to energy and overall mood.

As for insulin. Trying to control insulin without prescription drugs to an extent that makes a difference in bodybuilding is impossible.

As for pump...ever try carbs, sodium and calcium? Boom!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Keeping bloodsugar stable is important. Mainly due to energy and overall mood. As for insulin. Trying to control insulin without prescription drugs to an extent that makes a difference in bodybuilding is impossible. As for pump...ever try carbs, sodium and calcium? Boom!
You can control your insulin release with your diet lol. Blood sugar is directly correlated to insulin release... Does thou knowest how thy insulin works me lady?!

Lol ya the na r ala pumps those carbs into your muscles quicker than you normally would alone. It doesn't work without carbs.

Battossi

Awards
You can control your insulin release with your diet lol. Blood sugar is directly correlated to insulin release... Does thou knowest how thy insulin works me lady?!

Lol ya the na r ala pumps those carbs into your muscles quicker than you normally would alone. It doesn't work without carbs.
Do you?But alas. I'll stop banging my head against the wall here. I was talking about supplements. Not diet by the way.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
QUOTE Article -->

To maximize muscle growth, be sure to take advantage of your muscles' post-workout hypersensitivity to insulin and amino acid uptake. An optimal way to do this is by combining a large quantity of high-glycemic carbohydrates along with a fast-absorbing protein blend containing whey protein concentrates of di-, tri- and oligo-peptides. The oncoming spike will cause your pancreas to release insulin, which hypersensitizes your muscle cells for maximum post-workout nutrient absorption, including amino acids from protein.

In addition, adding leucine, a highly anabolic branched-chain amino acid, to your post-workout carbohydrate and protein meal results in a significant increase in the plasma insulin response, resulting in an increase in protein synthesis and thus lean body mass. Furthermore, other compounds, such as alpha lipoic acid (ALA), taurine, and D-pinitol also potentiate insulin's action on the muscle cell. So a post-workout formula that also includes these potent nutrients will help build even more muscle.

end

so.... yes you can work on that.. you have the "power" :)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you?But alas. I'll stop banging my head against the wall here. I was talking about supplements. Not diet by the way.
Nah man I just eat all the f00dz den gr0w mad wtqt naw mean. There are insulin modulators also called GdAs that work pretty damn well. Take enough of them and you can go hypo, ala is one of those.

Battossi

Awards
Nah man I just eat all the f00dz den gr0w mad wtqt naw mean. There are insulin modulators also called GdAs that work pretty damn well. Take enough of them and you can go hypo, ala is one of those.
600 +carbs eery day. All them blood sugars are mine.