Carb loading/pre show

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
All other factors aside, running slin, steroids, diuretics etc. what is the highest amount of carbs you guys have taken or know of someone taking to carb up the last few days before their show. Your stage weight and what you carbed up on is a plus, but doesn't matter. I'm just curious to see how high you have went without spilling over.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
I know competitors at my gym who carb up on up to 1200 carbs a day, and they are mostly physique guys. So I'm betting a pro bodybuilder might be well over that!

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
I like to be pretty conservative with carb ups. For myself, I compete in LHW, usually weigh in right at the top ~198. I'll do 1000`1500 over the course of a 36 hr carb load. The variance is dependent on how depleted I am before hand, and what supplementation is being used

Drop Set

Awards
All other factors aside, running slin, steroids, diuretics etc. what is the highest amount of carbs you guys have taken or know of someone taking to carb up the last few days before their show. Your stage weight and what you carbed up on is a plus, but doesn't matter. I'm just curious to see how high you have went without spilling over.
Depleting and loading only worked once for me (did it 6 times).

What worked better for me was to be completely dieted down and flat at 10 days out. I gradually increased carbs over that period and adjusted based upon looks. I also ran a very conservative diuretic program, but do not recommend that unless you really know what you are doing.