Car Audio

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler that I'm looking to upgrade the sound system. The issue with this is that I know pretty much nothing about car audio these days...

I have an aftermarket head unit and will be replacing the speakers in the soundbar with 6.5s..

Without breaking the bank, I'd like to add a sub & amp in the back. I'm looking for suggestions on an amp and sub.

I plan on doing all the install myself.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
If you want high quality at an affordable price and only one subwoofer - get an American Bass 12" sub. I have one and it sounds better than cars with two 15s. My amp is a BOSS 11000 watt model, not very expensive, but perfect for one sub.

For 6.5s, I would go with Orions for best quality.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
You can get a trim removal kit at harbor freight for cheap, hiding the wires is mainly what separates amateurs from pros. Also, you can get an entire wiring kit to make things easy and there are a ton of guides that will walk you through the process on youtube.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you want high quality at an affordable price and only one subwoofer - get an American Bass 12" sub. I have one and it sounds better than cars with two 15s. My amp is a BOSS 11000 watt model, not very expensive, but perfect for one sub.

For 6.5s, I would go with Orions for best quality.
I've already got some JBL's for the soundbar that a friend recommended.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@cronikgains did you say 11,000 watt amp?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 2
IroNwIlL2006 General Chat 0
General Chat 0
ShakesAllDay General Chat 19
General Chat 5