Can you remain in the Air National Guard?

trytestim

Awards
I am part time guard and am on Test injects for life. Should I continue to keep it hushed? If anyone knows about any branch it'll be helpful. Was diagnosed one year ago and have been in 8 years. As part time, I use civilian docs.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dont tell the Guard mate, im in the Guard and keep pretty much everything hush. They wont find out... If you tell them, no telling what they would do....

trytestim

Awards
Thats what I'm afraid of. No fears except if I deploy and have to sneak needles overseas

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see what your saying there... Could you get any transdermal test?

trytestim

Awards
Used Testim at first with bad results. Problem of that is I would be in a very sweaty environment. I guess it woukld be better than nothing or the huge risk of getting caught with syringes. Its such a misunderstood drug. Just like the golfer who was rejected from the PGA because he is on TRT and they have a no steroids policy. It gets you normal, not anabolic. Cant find anything in the reg. but scared to ask.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gamer, please quit giving terrible advice.

First of all, if you have a clearance, and want to keep it, disclose it. You will not be punished, or even cared about if you have a valid doctors script for test. You will get to re-up every time you want too just like guys who don't need it. It will be looked upon as anyone else who needs to take a script.

trytestim

Awards
Thanks DAdams91982 but I have to ask how you know that I wont get kicked out? Do you know someone or are you in the same position? You have to admit, very few understand this kind of treatment, especially military decision makers. I think I will wait until I know someone who has this situation and they know about it.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Used Testim at first with bad results. Problem of that is I would be in a very sweaty environment. I guess it woukld be better than nothing or the huge risk of getting caught with syringes. Its such a misunderstood drug. Just like the golfer who was rejected from the PGA because he is on TRT and they have a no steroids policy. It gets you normal, not anabolic. Cant find anything in the reg. but scared to ask.
Bad absorption of transdermals indicate possibility of Adrenal and thyroid problems.

But first try Androgel.

absorption vise
Androgel is usually #1
Testim #2

Low density requires large skin area.
Large area of application causes high increase in DHT.

Increase in DHT is good when you need it, bad if you do not.

Androgel (supposedly is working on higher density version.

----------------------
Any other transdermals, those that are made in compounding pharmacies, are usually bad.

There is only one or two good ones.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
@Trytestim... Here are two things for you to do, the first would be to contact JAG. You can speak with them and look into the legalities of a service member being on TRT and remaining on service. Also, Tricare may be a good POC as well. You should be able to talk to both offices in confidence and not worry repercussions. Also, seeing as you are part-time guard I would imagine that you would have a pretty good likelihood of being able to stay on. One most likely could even if they are active duty, but it would be a fine line to walk and one would have to make sure their ducks are all in a row, which is why I strongly suggest JAG.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
If diagnosed active duty you will remain active duty as long as you want. No problems there. Guard may be different but you are not penalized if active duty and receiving TRT.

bigpappab

Awards
Just call the base legal and ask them if it would be legal. Don't disclose you name. Maybe just say you are looking into getting treatment and you want to make sure you cannot get in trouble