Can TRT cause you to be infertile?

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
I'm on 2ML (400)testosterone every two weeks. Because of a pituitary problem (extremely low FSH & LH). I will be 42 in Nov. 2014
Im dating a lady who's 33 & looking to have kids. If I know my body like I think I do , "that" with me is impossible.. Just don't think I can. Just don't know if TRT's would make it worse?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The general lack of personal research and discussing such topics with professionals is becoming a lame trend.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
When your appointments with the endocrinologist only comes once every three months questions arise now that you just don't want to wait two more months for! I was only looking to see if other people have that problem on TRT

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it is an issue if you are on TRT. If you are wanting to have children, you need to discuss with your doc so he can determine alternative approaches.

bswanny

bswanny

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is an issue if you are on TRT. If you are wanting to have children, you need to discuss with your doc so he can determine alternative approaches.
Would hcg help him in this case to preserve fertility or of no use?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Talk to your doctor to see if it's possible, and mention HCG & HMG to them.

Beyond that, none of us can give you anything other than a general "maybe". Everyone is different.

BUT - if HCG & HMG fail for you, you can always fork out $$$$$ for them to retrieve sperm from samples, over time, concentrate it, and do invitro fertilization. So yes, it should be possible somehow.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would hcg help him in this case to preserve fertility or of no use?
I am not a doc, so I do not know. Having children is no joke and if it is something that is seriously being considered, I would not risk anything. This is best left to professionals.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind, you generally need to come off TRT and go onto other drugs when trying for a pregnancy.

edmassa

Awards
I had two kids on trt I was taking hcg 250iu. Twice week with my test