can someone critique my bulking diet?

jrfly9

Awards
I am 20 years old, am about 180 pounds and 5'11.

Breakfast
5 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop whey

Meal 2
Lean meat or 2 cans tuna
Broccoli

Meal 3
Chicken Breast
1 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4
2 cans tuna
12 nuts

Meal 5
Chicken
Brown rice

Meal 6 (pre-bed)
1 scoop whey
Cup of milk
12 nuts

Regardless of when I workout I will have a protein shake (whey) after and then what is listed as meal 5. My body needs approx. 2870 calories to maintain weight and this diet has about 3400 calories.

If anyone has some advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for the help,
Mark

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
I think its pretty solid but to be honest at our age I personally believe a good bulking diet is anything that comes to mind using good judgment. Basically meaning just eat what you wanna eat when you wanna eat it, but of course use your knowledge of nutritional timing and classes as well as clean/dirty calories.

Saving the food logs and painstaking calorie counting for recomp. Again just my opinion, all and all I like your diet tho bro, one quick suggestion swap your late night whey shake for a slower released form of protein, maybe Casein or egg?

jrfly9

Awards
Thanks for the advice. Personally, if I don't have a strict plan I tend to stray away to far from my needs/goals.

How comparable is wheat bread to brown rice nutritionally?

Thanks for the help

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Looks solid but the only wrinkle I recommend is adding fish oil to your diet.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Or real fish, and do you cook your meat in olive oil? It seems like a contest diet, and not a bulking diet. There is nothing wrong with eating clean, but You could add a couple whole eggs in there. I never cut out the yolk. Otherwise you have your macros and calories accounted for so good luck bro.